GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus gs450h no brakes/serious issue please help..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-22, 10:47 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

My guess for the green is corroded copper lines especially when there is a leak and air and moisture enter into the brake lines.

Old 05-01-22, 03:31 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
My guess for the green is corroded copper lines especially when there is a leak and air and moisture enter into the brake lines.
its very tiny space i cant inspect or see , i tried , are these copper lines sold new or only used can they be repaired? Also after zero down accumulator procedure is made whats next procedure remove pressure , how to make pressure again do i need to make zero down 2 times or something else after first zero down?
Old 05-01-22, 05:26 AM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Zero down is to release pressure before you change brake fluids.

Why are you doing it now?

Also why are you performing these procedures when your aux battery is bad? This will cause damage.
Old 05-01-22, 05:50 AM
bladest
Instructor

I will put battery in charger i will need to do this procedure in order to fill the braking fluid reservoir level at the correct level since i have a leak. What i need to do after zero dawn, whats the next step to do it again in order pressure and fluid to be taken inside? My charger have option maintain the car its pro charger from ctek swedish.Recondition battery charge maintain etc
Old 05-01-22, 07:02 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

-Open the reservoir cap (notice the spelling)
-Wrap ALL around it with towels
-Start the car
-Perform accumulator zero-down - it MIGHT spill some fluid over. The release might be quite violent, so keep in mind that it might strike up a bit. Wear safety glasses, goggles, etc. After that, you're done.
-The car might (should) automatically start filling it back up, unless you've disabled that functionality somehow - for example, by removing the two ABS motor relays, which are in a separate relay box somewhere next to the brake actuator & traction control ECU.
-Once pressure is low, the car will "buzz" constantly on the inside. This is how you know, unless you're looking at the pressure on the live data tab of techstream.
-Change your f***ing 12v battery like yesterday.
-Have you checked whether it's leaking from the diff area or are you somehow absolutely, POSITIVELY certain that it's a hard brake line.
-Let's see if you'll manage to blow up your main fusible link (or your HV-12V DC-DC converter) with the CTEK. (a.k.a. get a new 12v but I guess panicking and being absolutely irrational and writing what cool exotic GS you have in your sig is way more important)
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (05-01-22)
Old 05-01-22, 08:24 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertcave
for crying out loud man scrap the car and cut your losses its just a money pit you will never stop spending money on it
Best advice so far!
Old 05-01-22, 09:10 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
-Open the reservoir cap (notice the spelling)
-Wrap ALL around it with towels
-Start the car
-Perform accumulator zero-down - it MIGHT spill some fluid over. The release might be quite violent, so keep in mind that it might strike up a bit. Wear safety glasses, goggles, etc. After that, you're done.
-The car might (should) automatically start filling it back up, unless you've disabled that functionality somehow - for example, by removing the two ABS motor relays, which are in a separate relay box somewhere next to the brake actuator & traction control ECU.
-Once pressure is low, the car will "buzz" constantly on the inside. This is how you know, unless you're looking at the pressure on the live data tab of techstream.
-Change your f***ing 12v battery like yesterday.
-Have you checked whether it's leaking from the diff area or are you somehow absolutely, POSITIVELY certain that it's a hard brake line.
-Let's see if you'll manage to blow up your main fusible link (or your HV-12V DC-DC converter) with the CTEK. (a.k.a. get a new 12v but I guess panicking and being absolutely irrational and writing what cool exotic GS you have in your sig is way more important)
i followed your advice but after i have done Accumulator zero drawn car give me errror C1256?

how to fix it how to fill this thing with fluid and pressure again is it procedure to fill it up or car will auto fill it? I filled my brake reservoiar close ti the max level
Old 05-01-22, 02:49 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

You stop and start the car again.

Google what C1256 is and you'll figure out why it got set.

You fill to the MAX with the accumulator zeroed down and the pump NOT running. Otherwise, fluid can spill over. IF you zero it down once and it spills over fluid (and you collect it), I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-01-22, 03:04 PM
bladest
Instructor

You stop and start the car again.

Google what C1256 is and you'll figure out why it got set.

You fill to the MAX with the accumulator zeroed down and the pump NOT running. Otherwise, fluid can spill over. IF you zero it down once and it spills over fluid (and you collect it), I wouldn't worry about it.
I have done your instructions, but i am not sure if i have done everything correctly, i am not sure how much fluid is inside this accumulator, but i have not seen or notice any difference, my fluid level doesnt much at all..
Before and after accumulator zeroed,
after i followed your instructions car doesnt have the issue error code i started it again and error code was cleared from tech stream i also used towels etcs.. just in case
it was scary car buzzing like crazy.
Thanks for the tip, so now i should have the correct level of fluid i removed the excess fluid with my syringe.
it was brand new from the pharmacy.

Lets imagine my floor spill of misterious green liquid is differential fluid is it even this possible, what colour is diff fluid, also if diff is dry will i have some error codes or some noices when car is running or started can someone clarify?
Brand new diff fluid is green, unfortunately i have not measured how much brake fluid car had when was received to me from the last service so i still dont know, and service repair is at least 2 weeks away.

Car was started all the time, since i dont manage to do the procedure with car shut down?
Old 05-01-22, 04:37 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Originally Posted by bladest
Lets imagine my floor spill of misterious green liquid is differential fluid is it even this possible, what colour is diff fluid, also if diff is dry will i have some error codes or some noices when car is running or started can someone clarify?
Diff fluid is gear oil / (manual) transmission fluid / that thing that "those incompetents at Toyota Sofia wanted to put in your rear diff". Like engine oil, it comes in all sorts of colors, typically gold-ish/brown/clear, but also green. No, there are no sensors in it.

Either start acting on advice or trying to... you know - think and solve things yourself (including giving it to actually competent people), or stop posting here.
Old 05-01-22, 04:42 PM
bladest
Instructor

Diff fluid is gear oil / (manual) transmission fluid / that thing that "those incompetents at Toyota Sofia wanted to put in your rear diff". Like engine oil, it comes in all sorts of colors, typically gold-ish/brown/clear, but also green. No, there are no sensors in it.

Either start acting on advice or trying to... you know - think and solve things yourself (including giving it to actually competent people), or stop posting here.
Do you want to help me do some work on my car, for payment, cash on collection of course, So no sound even if the diff is low or missing fluid at all thats horrible... i dont want diff to became dry...
Old 05-01-22, 04:54 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Do you want to help me do some work on my car
For the 50000th time - no, and I won't refer you to anybody that I know, just like everybody else over here that has told you NO.

You don't want to learn what harassment means in a legal context.

So no sound even if the diff is low or missing fluid at all thats horrible... i dont want diff to became dry...
Oh, there will be noises, but by then it'll probably be past the point of no return.
Old 05-01-22, 05:05 PM
bladest
Instructor

For the 50000th time - no, and I won't refer you to anybody that I know, just like everybody else over here that has told you NO.

You don't want to learn what harassment means in a legal context.

Oh, there will be noises, but by then it'll probably be past the point of no return.
Great since you dont want to help me with the inspection and replacement of the things ,
i will continue to suffer in that case, i dont understand, what harastment will bring my money if they are payed to you or to the people you know? What will happen to you and these people with my money , they will die from something or what , where is the harrasment i dont see it?

They will receive money and payment and i will receive fixed car, both sides happy.

From your friends from the service which you reccomended from the non existing dealership " 1 customer again , I feel sorry for the owners of new Toyota cars, and even more so for Lexus, where the service should be more adequate !!
Check the warranty battery for 2 days, no one picks up the phone to tell you what's going on, nothing, SUCCESS !!! Toyota, Lexus? "

Last edited by bladest; 05-02-22 at 04:40 AM.