GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus gs450h no brakes/serious issue please help..

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-22, 12:01 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Lexus gs450h Misterious green fluid leak? No brakes/serious issue please help..

Hello, everyone as you known i own
flooded, not sure if its water or sea water flooded car, this topic is serious its not trolling if you dont like and want to help me simply doesnt reply here and dont laught on me or my car.

Starting today i noticed that my Brake reservoar is empty , further more on the floor on my rear wheels left and right there is a huge huge , brake fluid leaks on the floor i attach pictures, i am not familiar with the car it can be rusty pipes, or rubber pipes or something else.
Can you advice , car has been sitting for long long time, i dont know what has been before that with previous owner, also car have tons of rust and issues...

Right now car Cannot be driven, due to no brake/ is it easy to bleed the brakes with tech stream ?
I need to make big subscription to road assistance... since every day new issues arrive...

Also i noticed that my car have jack of 1400kg, is it enough to jack up the car or someone decided to change the jack, i am asking because car is weight 2000kg.
on the right side of the car i noticed there is some plastic sort of thing which is dropped into the floor not sure how is in english
https://www.bagira.bg/22351/миши-опашки-25х150-черни
it looks like that plastic thing...
Please take a look into my pictures and tell me is it some big rubber pressure hose which is broken or something else i cant move the car since no brakes. If someone know part number of this pipe which is either rubber or something else which failed on my car? Again car has been sitting for months... if not year.s.
Also if i fill the reservoar will it drop on the floor again can i drive it to the nearest service/station for repair or i need to use road side assistance again and again ?"
Is there a way to bleed brakes easily with tech stream or mechanic need also to do old stuff like neeples etcs.
Also where is the location of the tool/wrench to remove my wheel nuts, can someone tell me i looked in the trunk and i dont manage ot locate it , its either stolen or i dont know where is it i have spare tyre fortunately... and this 1400kg jack.

What brake fluid i need for my car is it dot 5.0 or dot 5.1 or dot 3 or?
I am worried that my car is BIG money pit,
and i have only issues and so far big ones..
https://postimg.cc/gallery/f3rKPTw/36c7950e
you can check my pictures here.
Please advice soon, because right now my other mainantence which i will do for my car which is 300km away i cant go in order to make bigger maintenace of the car.

p.s. misterious fluid is green its not coolant and its not atf fluid as well.. its possible to be diff fluid if its green or brake fluid , my brake fluid reservor is kinda empty below min so i cant compare it...here we have some holidays so not sure how many days i will wait for road assistance and another appointment in the dealership everything is full.. so please advice...

Last edited by bladest; 04-29-22 at 04:33 PM. Reason: wrong title
Old 04-29-22, 12:58 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

We haven't seen the car yet, so we definitely don't know what you have.

There are no pictures of "the big rubber pressure hose which is broken or something else".

The brake fluid might just be too transparent for you to see it through the reservoir plastic.

If the brake fluid is low, the car WILL complain. Check ABS/VSC/TRC ECU codes with techstream. If there is a leak in a specific brake line - the car WILL log that there as well. Brake-by-wire systems happen to be able to very easily detect such things. With this in mind - if there are no codes while trying to use the brakes, hoses should at least not be leaking - a visual inspection will tell you if they have cracks or anything along the lines. Trying to use the brakes while the car is stationary is perfectly fine - it WILL apply pressure and work the whole system (other than rotating the discs, of course), even if it's "off" - the brakes are NEVER off in a Toyota hybrid (or any Toyota with EBD) so long as the 12v battery is connected. On that note - if you can't read & follow service manuals, I HIGHLY suggest that you trust your brakes to a specalist - unless you want to, say, experience the brakes doing a self-check while you're trying to change rotors & pads.

You bleed this car the same way you bleed any Prius. The braking system is the same. Reservoir >> electric pump >> pressurrized reservoir >> solenoids >> brake cylinders. Fronts connect directly to the brake master cylinder for emergency and/or bleeding purposes. Again, same as a prius. Google it, it's been written 1000 times, I won't write it again.

Those tyres look anything but worn.

The amount of "rust" (a.k.a. surface rust) is absolutely normal and not something that I'd be worried about a whole lot.

The DOT fluid that your car "needs / requires" is written on the reservoir cap.

Jack is fine. 3rd gen is rated at 1100. Yours is rated higher and the car is lighter. Hopefully you're following instructions and NOT jacking up the car when it's not on a level surface. If you are - you have a "user problem".
Old 04-29-22, 01:07 PM
bladest
Instructor

Did you saw the pictures? brake fluid on the ground rear left and rear right i provided pictures with link here is it again
https://postimg.cc/gallery/f3rKPTw/36c7950e

why so newer car will neee dot brake 3? is it safe to use dot 5 ? I tried many online catalogues for brake companies ate brembo etc no where is written what brake fluid i can use?
Old 04-29-22, 01:15 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

No I didn't see the pictures:
on the right side of the car i noticed there is some plastic sort of thing which is dropped into the floor not sure how is in english
...of this.

Use whatever you want. OEM Toyota brake fluid isn't exactly expensive or hard to find.

To be honest, the spillage might very well be condensation from the exhaust pipes with the engine running in one place or something. The one on the right DEFINITELY doesn't look like it's coming from the brake lines. Also, it's a bit TOO much of a leak, given how little fluid the system holds back there.
Old 04-29-22, 01:24 PM
bladest
Instructor

Car Brake fluid reservoar is at 0000 not even at minimum,. and its green colour, i attached more photos of rear left and rear right where spills is...

Old 04-29-22, 01:39 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Somebody help. I give up.
Old 04-29-22, 02:00 PM
bladest
Instructor

i dont manage to find dot 3 brake fluid anywhere even branded by toyota i find only dot 4 and dot 5 and dot 5.1 i have original genuine dot 5.1 from toyota can i use it or?
Why such new car uses so old dot brake ?
I have brand new Castrol dot 4 brake fluid can i put it inside or i should start looking for dot 3 only please someone advice.
Old 04-29-22, 02:30 PM
frankymenz
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Do not use DOT 5, it is silicone and will foam/aerate in an abs system or high pressure accumulator. Dot 4 is ok, Dot 3+4 is ideal. NO DOT 5!
Old 04-29-22, 02:46 PM
bladest
Instructor

I dont own any dot 5 brake fluid i own only toyota genuine dot 5.1
and castol dot 4 several bottles brand new and sealed, am having trouble finding dot 3 toyota genuine brake fluid in my country , are you absolutely sure it wont damage my seals and my car braking system ?
Is dot 3 green colored or ? May be previous owner never changed brake fluid as well...
what do you think on my brake fluid spills, also my reservoar is totally empty, may be i have some issues with the parking brake actuator may be there inside some brake fluid which was spilled or some brake hoses blown up or something any advices?
i removed reservoar cap, and i saw inside 000 nothing empty... so i am 100% sure its brakes fluid.
Old 04-29-22, 02:56 PM
frankymenz
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

if the the DOT 5.1 bottle says it’s compatible with DOT 3 and 4 you could use it. I’d prefer DOT 3, DOT 3+4, DOT 4. That’s my opinion, you’re not towing or generating super high brake temps to get the extra heat extremes rating of 5.1. I saw in an earlier post you asked if safe to use DOT 5, I answered your question is all.
Old 04-29-22, 03:13 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by frankymenz
if the the DOT 5.1 bottle says it’s compatible with DOT 3 and 4 you could use it. I’d prefer DOT 3, DOT 3+4, DOT 4. That’s my opinion, you’re not towing or generating super high brake temps to get the extra heat extremes rating of 5.1. I saw in an earlier post you asked if safe to use DOT 5, I answered your question is all.
Thanks i will use castrol dot 4 , brand new sealed to fill my empty reservoar, also what do you think about my braking system spills into the ground , do you think its something really big and bad from parking brake actuator or something?

i checked one more time,
Brake fluid is below min,

Anti freeze is pink, so its not antifreeze coolant, i think gearbox fluid is in red colour, is it possible if this fluid is not brake fluid to be differential oil some type or for the diff , i am not sure what colour it is , i am not sure if car have more fluids on the rear/back as well.. Can some one tell me what is this misterious green fluid - highly possibility is to be brake fluid..
my reservoar of brake fluid is kinda empty so i am not sure if i can compare them somehow, also when i press brake pedals i hear some noise and vibration or something like that..

Last edited by bladest; 04-29-22 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-29-22, 07:00 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 474 Likes on 296 Posts

Brake fluid is typically a very light yellowish tan color, like peanut oil, and once it gets dirty it gets much darker, like used peanut oil. So not sure if it's brake fluid as it shouldn't be greenish unless it's reacting to some other chemicals on the ground. Either way you need to check the brake lines for any leaks.
Old 04-29-22, 11:12 PM
Robertcave
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

for crying out loud man scrap the car and cut your losses its just a money pit you will never stop spending money on it
Old 04-30-22, 04:29 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

The ABS module and brake actuator wont get fully flushed without using techstream. You can bleed the brakes the traditional way, it will throw a lot of codes, but you can clear that with techstream. If it is brake fluid the bigger problem is fixing the leak, not to mention all the other problems you claim to have. Just noticed your last 4 threads are all locked.

Last edited by peasodos; 04-30-22 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-30-22, 05:14 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Somebody help. I give up.
Don't give up, you both live in BG, time for meetup.

Quick Reply: Lexus gs450h no brakes/serious issue please help..