GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS450H complete shut down and flashing lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-22, 03:01 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 193 Posts

Nobody can be sure whether his brakes are actually leaking. Could be them, could be the diff, could be condensation from the exhaust for all we know.

All we know is, he hasn't changed the 12v yet, despite it possibly being the culprit of every weird issue that he's been having.

Anyways, the fact that he's taken the car out for a ride in its current state and with his current worries about it says a whole lot.
Old 05-01-22, 03:10 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
bladest - Why don't you do yourself a big favor and buy a new 12 volt battery for your car? Or, take a battery from one of your classics and put in your car? It doesn' even need to fit the tray. Hook it up with jumper cables. Probably a lot of your problems will be solved with a good 12 volt starter battery. Chances are almost guaranteed that your OE 10 year-old 12 volt starter battery is dead, and only showing a few seconds of fake life after you charge it. You're likely to cause some damage to the expensive and complex electronics in your car by continuing to try to use a dead starter battery. What are you waiting for?
Battery will be replaced by Professional i cant do it i am afraid to brake the headunit of the car ,like a lot of the people already broke it, my classical cars uses Lead accid battery from Brand exide premium , i used in the past turkey battery motlu , original gm battery, and other brands as well, so far EXIDE are the best , others are dead very quickly in 2-3- years...
after their warranty expire.
For the lexus i plan to buy agm battery, since they will last forever.
About car taking for a ride

I was with another person,
and i also had the phone number of the road assistance,
i also had some safety stuff like tyre compressor,jump starter etcs...
spare tyre..
just in case , brake fluid etcs..
i simply wanted to know how bad the situation is, i didnt expect that i wont be able to drive even a mile?
i was actually suprised big suprise.
i like your small clip which you shared my braind is there, but i dont have the right mechanical tools , wrenches and skillz to replace the battery and do inspection of the leaking brakes of diff i already tried..
So i will leave it to the professionals , unless you want to give me your hand and help me for some money.
Which we can arrange in pm if you like thats serious offer in the whole country only you have lexus gs450 and understand them well. @Lwerewolf but for some strange reason you dont want to help Can you change my 12v battery? For some small fee in terms of money at least?
May be we can be friends we share the same passion cars lexuses gs450h?
You can pm me your price for battery replacement and car inspection of the leaks, if you like.
Old 05-01-22, 04:21 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

bladest - Do you already know ahead of time what your next problem/issue with your car will be? If you're not sure, do you have any good guesses what it will be?
Old 05-01-22, 04:24 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
bladest - Do you already know ahead of time what your next problem/issue with your car will be? If you're not sure, do you have any good guesses what it will be?
I dont know , i hope i dont have more issues,since its very frustrating and time consuming to resolve them..
i want to enjoy the car not to be in service/repair centers every day of the week and to call road assistance everyday...
thats not horrible so far experience...
I was thinking lexus is reliable cars?
Old 05-01-22, 04:33 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

AGM batteries are still lead acid and they don't last forever at all.

You think your brakes are leaking (even though they probably aren't but whatever), yet you take the 2 ton car out for a ride. I guess the parking lot or a bit of forwards-backwards in the garage just wouldn't do.

Replacing the battery is probably the easiest job that you can do on this car. Everybody has a 10mm spanner. You have a mongoose cable and (apparently) access to the internet. You don't have ANY excuses whatsoever.

Originally Posted by bladest
Which we can arrange in pm if you like thats serious offer in the whole country only you have lexus gs450 and understand them well.
This statement is about as trustworthy as the "lexus brand doesn't exist here".
Old 05-01-22, 04:45 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
AGM batteries are still lead acid and they don't last forever at all.

You think your brakes are leaking (even though they probably aren't but whatever), yet you take the 2 ton car out for a ride. I guess the parking lot or a bit of forwards-backwards in the garage just wouldn't do.

Replacing the battery is probably the easiest job that you can do on this car. Everybody has a 10mm spanner. You have a mongoose cable and (apparently) access to the internet. You don't have ANY excuses whatsoever.

Belive it or not, i dont have any spanners or wrenches,
including 10mm size.. or other sizes.. i dont repair cars by my self specially things which i dont know how operate. I am afraid not to brake my headunit or to make more issues when i replace the battery and i am also missing wrench, for my other cars only one of them the car battery can be removed and it doesnt have any bolts on it i simply move the terminals positive and negatives and bring it at home and charge it there its easy like lemon pie. Can you some for a fee/money and inspect my car and help me please , about the leak and other things like replacing my car battery ? You can pm me about fee prices etcs.
i dont know other people with gs450h in bg, and lexus community in bg is kinda non existing specially gs450h .
Old 05-01-22, 04:56 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Most will be excited to see an end to end inspection of his car with condition report. Don’t rule out the possibility!

Old 05-01-22, 05:02 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
Most will be excited to see an end to end inspection of his car with condition report. Don’t rule out the possibility!
And i am offering to pay him for his service, can you make him do it ?
Old 05-01-22, 05:09 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Belive it or not, i dont have any spanners or wrenches,
including 10mm size.. or other sizes.. i dont repair cars by my self specially things which i dont know how operate. I am afraid not to brake my headunit or to make more issues when i replace the battery and i am also missing wrench, for my other cars only one of them the car battery can be removed and it doesnt have any bolts on it i simply move the terminals positive and negatives and bring it at home and charge it there its easy like lemon pie.
Battery terminals that you can just disconnect by hand without even turning anything - I wonder what can POSSIBLY go wrong. Exotic stuff.

Anyways, I wonder why you're even posting here if you don't have a basic clue. The right answer is "go to a dealer or a good independent". I might also add "don't judge their competency if yours is definitely VERY nonexistent".

Can you some for a fee/money and inspect my car and help me please , about the leak and other things like replacing my car battery ?
No. Check my warning in the other thread.

i dont know other people with gs450h in bg, and lexus community in bg is kinda non existing specially gs450h .
The community is kinda VERY "existent". It's also the most common GS variant over here, followed by the GS300, then the 430, the 460 and finally - the F.

I wonder why you're not posting in the local forums?

Originally Posted by 703
He's free to pay for that service
Old 05-01-22, 05:21 PM
dkraines
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would bring it in to your local Lexus dealer.
Old 05-01-22, 05:22 PM
bladest
Instructor

Battery terminals that you can just disconnect by hand without even turning anything - I wonder what can POSSIBLY go wrong. Exotic stuff.

Anyways, I wonder why you're even posting here if you don't have a basic clue. The right answer is "go to a dealer or a good independent". I might also add "don't judge their competency if yours is definitely VERY nonexistent".

No. Check my warning in the other thread.

The community is kinda VERY "existent". It's also the most common GS variant over here, followed by the GS300, then the 430, the 460 and finally - the F.

I wonder why you're not posting in the local forums?

He's free to pay for that service at the nearest nonexistent Toyota/Lexus dealership.

In Bg how many GS450H you have seen over the streets this year or last year , i have seen 0 cars.
but you can tell that you saw 1000 for example..
i have good knowledge but i dont repairs by my self.
for my classical cars i remove terminals by hand no wrench needed yes, and for 15 years no issues at all.
Local forums are non existing, for lexus brand.
i have been in These dealerships both of them many times, and i can agree with all of the people, first they never reply via email they never pick up the phone ,if you manage to book an day with them its a miracle, and after that they doesnt help you, last time they charged me for simply oil change 110$ - only for labour yes, no parts parts was in extra bill.
Here are some opinions based on the Dealership you mentioned,
from a lot of reviewers

"|Awful cars with extremely low quality of service.
They're constantly providing incorrect information about the condition of your car when you leave it for servicing. Obviously the main focus is to sell as much parts as possible and charge you for a lot of activities no matter if it's necessary to replace anything on your car.
Really disappointed!"

"Bad service, prices very high, doesn't corresponding to the class of the vehicles. Maintaining a BMW is cheaper..."

Good cars, fairly poor service. Last time they changed the oil and the car stopped with a failure message 1500m after I left.

How can I use the good service after it is not possible to make an appointment?! No one is answering on the phone, neither the online booking is working

Unbelievable ! Their call centre is just ridiculous! Absolutely no chance to contact them by phone....

Horrible service, even though I have purchased, not one not two but three fricking cars from them. They deserve -1 stars.

Poor attitude, focus on standard items from their price list, with no attempt to diagnose issues.

Very bad attitude towards the clients

Did not manage to attract their attention... at all!

Never go there again... and much more
if i dig bg forums i can find more not happy customers.

And much more...
Since i am not happy from them why i should go with them, they dont have lexus certified ,people ,they doesnt care about the customers at all.
When i am not happy from them, since i already visited and used them for 10 or more times, why i should use them again?
No way i will either find better place or my car will rot.
I need to pay my car to my wife still a lot of money left .
I drive my older cars on a daily base .

If i dont find proper person or service to do the repairs i will have unrepaired car and it will sit and rot in garage, and i will continue to drive my older classical cars on a daily bases they are more reliable they are older and probably more miles and 000 issues so far...
its really bad that there is not a official or dedicate place where i can bring my LEXUS its such a shame, imagine you own a Mclaren ,and in your whole country no dealership exist only fiat or some other dealerships, where they can fix cars up to 30.000$ and they have never seen any of these.. and they doesnt care at all .

dkraines as i stated many many times, in my country Bg , there is not a official LEXUS dealership lexus doesnt exist as a brand or dealership, toyota dealership are kinda independent in capital two of them are owned by one company in other towns they are different companies but none of them cares about lexus at all, if i go to germany,uk or other country where lexus dealership exist they will pick me asap and they will help me, but here they preffer to change oil of toyota yaris and to lie customers.
Old 05-01-22, 05:32 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by dkraines
I would bring it in to your local Lexus dealer.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11261513

They don’t exist, or incompetent according to OP.
Old 05-01-22, 05:40 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11261513

They don’t exist, or incompetent according to OP.
I provided some other customers reviews in my previous post here is it again..
Here are some opinions based on the Dealership you mentioned,
from a lot of reviewers

"|Awful cars with extremely low quality of service.
They're constantly providing incorrect information about the condition of your car when you leave it for servicing. Obviously the main focus is to sell as much parts as possible and charge you for a lot of activities no matter if it's necessary to replace anything on your car.
Really disappointed!"

"Bad service, prices very high, doesn't corresponding to the class of the vehicles. Maintaining a BMW is cheaper..."

Good cars, fairly poor service. Last time they changed the oil and the car stopped with a failure message 1500m after I left.

How can I use the good service after it is not possible to make an appointment?! No one is answering on the phone, neither the online booking is working

Unbelievable ! Their call centre is just ridiculous! Absolutely no chance to contact them by phone....

Horrible service, even though I have purchased, not one not two but three fricking cars from them. They deserve -1 stars.

Poor attitude, focus on standard items from their price list, with no attempt to diagnose issues.

Very bad attitude towards the clients

Did not manage to attract their attention... at all!

Never go there again... and much more
if i dig bg forums i can find more not happy customers.

based on their visit and they are using m common toyotas not rare exotic gs450h, i have given these tm auto many chances but they failed me many times too bad in bg no one of the official dealerships wants to service lexus i have spoken with infiniti mazda honda subaru etc but no one wants , in regards of the forum i think its great thats why i use it , if we compared to the bg one is empty 000 info for my rare car here is full with people who owns that car.
I dont mind to pay premium for good service but i do mind to pay a lot for bad one in this case tm auto,for more than 10 times i have never been happy with them,even when me and my wife was in their store to test drive a new car they told us they dont have transit plates and we dont test the car at all, over the phone they lied to me that they have dealer number plate and we will have test drive... they are shame to use toyota brand or name ..same is valid for lexus

"I am surprised by the many positive evaluations here. Apparently I didn't find the right person there today. I visited the reception of the service as a potential customer of TM Auto. My request was related to information for servicing the 2011 Lexus CT220h. They left me with the impression that this is not the place for out-of-warranty and second-hand cars. I felt ... out of place! I expected that as a representation of the brand I would receive full assistance and clarification on the issues raised. Yes, I can't afford to buy a new car, but that doesn't mean that I don't want the used one to be of good quality, and in that regard I want to be sufficiently informed before making a decision. Shame."
Here is the 2nd toyota service in the capital some reviews...

The car received very little attention even though I had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment with a "diagnostician". He told me that everything looks OK and send me on my way. I explicitly got someone inside the car to point out the smell from the fan. He denied smelling anything unusual even though it is a very sharp smell. This is 1 month before the guarantee expires. Also, did not receive a protocol or anything. Complete scam.

i agree with that one both services are total scam!

Difficult to access off a busy main road.....limited visitor parking...overall not a good experience not very welcoming...the place was quite disorganised....I didn't feel comfortable .... I went elsewhere to buy!!

If you need a car that you can use during the holidays and in a leap year, do not hesitate to bet on tm auto ... @ tmauto - better transform your business into a McDonald's franchise franchise will not be easy, but you have more chances to provide normal service.

My car was in service for about 2 months for tinsmith services, but in this period had to perform maintenance type B (warranty car). The balance, after I got my car - about the sheets things are satisfactory, but what shortcomings I found. In the box between the seats there were 40-50 BGN of coins, of which there was no mention. OMV wiper fluid was in the boot, unprinted - missing. I leave the car with about 45 liters of fuel, they return it to me with 15 liters (30 liters have evaporated). Spark plugs are changed at 90,000 km - they are written, but not changed (in the photo it is assumed that the spark plug is 200 km, you say if it is that much). Brake fluid - not changed, but discharged. Air filter - not replaced, but not written. Nice car, but an outrageous scam in the official representation of the brand. I'm starting to understand why many friends with new Toyotas do not take advantage of the warranty service and the warranty is not interested in them. Because there is simply no such service ... I was just thinking about a new Toyota (it would be the fifth made by my family), but I was here - I hate to be lied to, even more so in the eyes.

I can provide more if needed good quality toyota dealers in bg, only the best i dont plan to visit them again.

Last edited by bladest; 05-01-22 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-01-22, 06:20 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

In Bg how many GS450H you have seen over the streets this year or last year , i have seen 0 cars.
but you can tell that you saw 1000 for example..
Blind.

i have good knowledge but i dont repairs by my self.
Yeah, right. We've all witnessed this first hand.

for my classical cars i remove terminals by hand no wrench needed yes, and for 15 years no issues at all.
No issues until a terminal comes loose from vibration and the car stalls, the lights turn off, the steering wheel locks & so on.

Local forums are non existing, for lexus brand.
http://lexus-bulgaria.com/
You, sir, are a liar.

Or maybe people over at the local Toyota & Lexus forums told you to shove it after you PM'd everybody?

On that note, I bet there's more to the Lexus dealer visit story than what he's saying. Anyways, doesn't look like I can force him to even attempt to think / reason / learn anything.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lwerewolf:
Im2bz2p345 (05-01-22), NJLEXES (05-02-22)
Old 05-01-22, 06:38 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

bladest, this gets so old... As hard as I'm personally trying to be cordial and courteous so I don't receive an infraction, you make it unnecessarily difficult on us regulars to enjoy the 4GS community we're used to...

Please consider how you are spoiling member's enjoyment.
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
bloodbean (05-02-22), NJLEXES (05-02-22)

Quick Reply: GS450H complete shut down and flashing lights?