GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Wheel spacers for gs450h can they cause any harm?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-22 | 02:32 PM
bladest
Instructor

Default Wheel spacers for gs450h can they cause any harm?

Hi everyone from previous i have wheel spacers in my car front wheels only,
can this thing damage my suspention tyres or something else i am asking because i recently saw that my shocks are dead and leaking as well... can this wheel spacers be the cause of my troubles , what issues and damage can wheel spacer do ?
I have also brand new pilot sport 4s tyres which are quite expensive and from abroad i dont want to ruin them as well here roads in bg are full with potholes and tyres and suspension probably wont last a lot..
Old 06-29-22 | 04:15 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Depends if they are quality spacers and were installed correctly. If yes then they will not do any damage.

Shocks go bad over time, nothing you can do about it.
Old 06-29-22 | 04:17 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
Depends if they are quality spacers and were installed correctly. If yes then they will not do any damage.

Shocks go bad over time, nothing you can do about it.
Wheel spacers are made from metal not sure if they are genuine or high quality i can provide a picture
i
attached picture of my wheel spacer its the metal thing close to my brake disk, can wheel spacers cause bad wheel alignment or tyres to be eated or something else i never had wheel spacers.How worn is my brake disk and pads should i replace them ?
Old 06-29-22 | 05:26 PM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Yes, they can cause harm, but normally not to shocks. By moving wheels outward, you can put more strain on ball joints and wheel bearings. These look thin so added stress to those components are minimal. They will put more stress on the studs cause they will have that much less threads to engage the wheels.
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (06-29-22)
Old 06-29-22 | 05:32 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by chuyrobles
Yes, they can cause harm, but normally not to shocks. By moving wheels outward, you can put more strain on ball joints and wheel bearings. These look thin so added stress to those components are minimal. They will put more stress on the studs cause they will have that much less threads to engage the wheels.
Should i remove these stupid spacers whats your advice go on teach me, i want to make my car perfect.
Old 06-29-22 | 05:36 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

those spacers are not hub centric or lug centric, you must get some serious vibration when driving.
look at the space arond the outside of the hub in relation to the spacer, same with the studs.Take those off and throw them in the garbage
Old 06-29-22 | 05:40 PM
bladest
Instructor

Yes i have serious vibration when i drive the car i was thinking its the tyres balance or something if spacers are removed should i make another suspention alignment or not?

these spacers are from previous owner he was stupid person broke most of the things of the car what effect you can achieve with that spacers? How are my brake disk and pads are how much life left in them? Is it time for new ones?
Old 06-29-22 | 05:47 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

Just start with removing them and cleaning up the corrosion that must be underneath them then drive it, I think you should be able to look at your own brakes....front pads when new are around 10mm, go from there.
Old 06-30-22 | 02:49 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Throw those spacers in the trash 100% unnecessary for stock wheels. Also cause all the issues Gerf mentioned.
Old 06-30-22 | 02:51 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
Throw those spacers in the trash 100% unnecessary for stock wheels. Also cause all the issues Gerf mentioned.
I will throw them asap, because i listen to people here in the forum and , because i have high vibration on my new tyres michelin pilot sport 4s,so i will see if vibration is there or its gone after i throw them.
How is my brake disk life or pad is it visible from the photos how many miles left or whats life approximately is it 50% or less , should i get a new brake disks and pads or i can go with these for the coming 1-2-3- years?
Old 06-30-22 | 05:21 AM
CottageChz
Advanced

Geez man get out a ruler, someone already told you 10mm is new, go measure it. Do we have to come to BG and measure it for you?
NJLEXES (06-30-22)
Old 06-30-22 | 06:05 AM
Gerf
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bladest
I should i get a new brake disks and pads or i can go with these for the coming 1-2-3- years?
You have bigger problems than the brakes.

bclexus (06-30-22)
Old 07-15-22 | 04:15 PM
bladest
Instructor

Since most of my hub bolts are dead , and gone etcs...

I will replace them , i bought brand new hub bolts, but i have an issue,
i cant remove my spacers because that way i cant fit my front alloy wheels.... due to my big brake calipers i guess my alloy wheels are from lexus is f sport this is what i think here is picture of my alloy wheels, i dont have this issue on the back only in the front.

i posted picture of my alloy wheels, what i can do in order to fit my current alloy wheels without spacers or fix them somehow permanently in order not to have broken wheel hub bolts again i bought genuine hub bolts and they are quite expensive + labour...
it cost me around 250$ total.
They are hard to find as well they was imported,from abroad, what is my option? I cant afford another set of alloy wheels i need suggestion for permanent fix is there such, may be better spacers or something?
Old 07-15-22 | 06:09 PM
Lead Lap

You do not have Lexus OEM wheels. They are not F Sport Wheels. They are 18” imitation wheels of the 19” Lexus RX 2013 wheels.

Best solution is call your seller and ask him to send you back the 18” OEM.
Im2bz2p345 (07-16-22)
Old 07-16-22 | 01:11 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
You do not have Lexus OEM wheels. They are not F Sport Wheels. They are 18” imitation wheels of the 19” Lexus RX 2013 wheels.

Best solution is call your seller and ask him to send you back the 18” OEM.
my alloy wheels are made by toyota lexus they are not fake or imitation deal is closed no other wheels seller took them away with tyres he is greed and i am screwed is there other solution to fit them to the car?
they are 18 inch not 19

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers for gs450h can they cause any harm?