GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

450h What brake disks and pads to get in order to achieve good stopping distance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 03:34 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
If the car is so rusted that "you're afraid of jacking it up", scrap it. Seems like it isn't but whatever.

The front brakes are either F-Sport or non-F-Sport. Non-F-Sports have one-piece smaller rotors and slightly different calipers.

Anyways, let's start with this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-diameter.html
...like how hard can it be to search.

This won't even cover the fuel costs of the car for a good month's driving, let alone maintenance/repair/restoration/whateveryouwannacallit. On a sidenote, supermarket clerks earn more, so I'm again left wondering whether to believe this.

Anyways, if that's the case:

Cut.
Your.
Losses.
I will summarize it again,
i demand always from all of my cars the best high end possible quality i use only genuine parts i dont care if my classic cars are more than 30 years old ,
i use same strategy for LEXUS , I use most of the time genuine parts, if only its not available i can go to the highest possible aftermarket part which i can afford , so far the only non genuine part i used was the car battery.
I drive lexus rarely its car for special trips only i dont mind if parts arrive in 1-2-3 months or half a year.
i have 2 other classical cars which i drive on a daily basis.
I drive gs once per week or once per two weeks, or even less...
I have same issue like this person from the topic probably to be sure before i order any parts i will measure the rotors since i dont know what previous owner done...
but i have same issue on online catalogues i see smaller rotors... only.. and uk dealership suggested me smaller rotors as well..

I also spoke with EBC brake manufacturer and they told me they cant provide me any brakes for my car, it will be very expensive to order brakes from USA due to their high weight..

I cant directly compare my rotors to the pictures from the artical due to the fact that previous owner decided to install some flanges when i have taken pictures of my rotors , i didnt know that i need to remove these flanges and , in order flanges to be completely gone, i will need wait for my 2 mechanics to return from the sea.

i will mention it before my Front calipers are 4 piston brake calipers. my car is not f sport but i think these brake calipers are installed in f sport as well.. brake caliper manufacturer advics.
I never do lifting on any of my cars i have done it before many years. But i will not attempt to do it on rusted car with structural damage.... and cracks into the chasis i find it dangerous for me.
As you know i dont have kids, and i like the car, i treat all of my cars equal, today i filled premium winter cleaning solution to my lexus and my classical cars as well..
All receive same premium stuff.
I uploaded some pictures can you tell me based on the pictures what size rotors i need with my big brake calipers ?

When i compare my pictures to the edmunds picture i see little difference of the rotor but brake calipers looks same, is it possible previous owner changed /braking pads or due to the wear my braking pad cant clean the whole brake disk, if i order by mistake f sport disk, will it fit or not , do i need to change brake caliper.... also into the pictures disk from the edmunds have no rust, and mine is very rusty.. so its either with bigger pads or its different disk ?
Will f sport disk , or its with different hub structure, is it possible also previous owner to change the brake disk instead of f sport one, with ordinary one to cost cutting is there a way to see with what brake disk/rotors my car came out from the factory if previous owner installed smaller brake disks may be this causes my bad brakes...
On my pictures leaking shocks are not visible, if someone can tell how worn are my brake pads/disk let me known but anyway i will get brakes because car is stoping even worse compared to my classical car without even ABS and single brake caliper..
is the gs 450h rear disks same on all cars and brake pads or there a lot of variety options like front ones....
Without measuring brake disks i will not order anything car have so many variety of brake disks if everything else fails i will order genuine ones from toyota for big bucks , its strange that most common brake manufacrurers doesnt have front brake disks//rotors for that car.
About financial part, i will mention again i have no kids,
no wifes , she left me, big loans and i need to have at least something great in my life.
in that Case my rust bucket Lexus.
Untill i make money for my next step LS 5th gen.

Last edited by bladest; 07-07-22 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-07-22, 04:53 PM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
if you are asking about my car model i can provide it to you.
on the plate into the door is written, model GWL10L-BEXQBW is this the thing which you need?
If something else is needed let me known please.
"www.*******.com/parts/g_E_2013_LEXUS_GS+SERIES_GWL10L-BEXQBW.html"

--

Replace *** with *******

Last edited by 703; 07-07-22 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-07-22, 04:54 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703

Can you send me link in pm or somehow tell me how to open it its with stars only... so i cant see it. Link doesnt work..
Old 07-07-22, 04:57 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
If the car is so rusted that "you're afraid of jacking it up", scrap it.
I can imagine this

Then there will be another thread "how do I straighten my door panel?"

Last edited by 703; 07-07-22 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-07-22, 04:58 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
I can imagine this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2pddWSh520

I leave challenges and car issues to professionals,thats why i pay to them big bucks from my loaned money from the bank. I Only monitor/supervise car mechanics in order not to make more issues or brakes. How is this red thing called, do i need to buy it my car is in simular state... no place to lift it up.. what tips u can tell ...

Last edited by bladest; 07-07-22 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-08-22, 08:00 PM
Lead Lap

Can you send me link in pm or somehow tell me how to open it its with stars only... so i cant see it. Link doesnt work..

Old 07-08-22, 10:43 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
I can imagine this

https://youtu.be/RfB7YWZ5j6E

That idiot stacked hokey pucks on a floor jack, didn't take much for it to slip. He was trying to avoid damaging the aftermarket side skit . In any case last I heard from his youtube channel he was selling the GS-F.
Old 07-08-22, 11:35 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peasodos
That idiot stacked hokey pucks on a floor jack, didn't take much for it to slip. He was trying to avoid damaging the aftermarket side skit . In any case last I heard from his youtube channel he was selling the GS-F.
ahaha he didn’t even look, too busy filming for YouTube. But the reaction was priceless and probably paid for his insurance. I wonder if he’s a member here.
Old 07-09-22, 12:14 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

That dude sold his GSF. Probably started having problems from all those mods, that's usually what happened when u start messing with it.
Old 07-09-22, 03:59 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 193 Posts

Conservative mods (a.k.a. do your research) tend to be quite fine. I haven't watched the vid, but... I can imagine
Old 07-09-22, 04:07 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
That dude sold his GSF. Probably started having problems from all those mods, that's usually what happened when u start messing with it.
i am having tons of issues with my car even without any mods... should i start making some mods? Which mods are great.
Old 07-09-22, 06:41 PM
mjo13
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

i am having tons of issues with my car even without any mods... should i start making some mods? Which mods are great.
The best mod for you is a bunch of shop rags, gasoline/petrol, and a book of matches.
Old 07-10-22, 10:58 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

For the sake of everyone here, please don't talk about or even research mods until your car is running 100% perfectly.

~ im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 07-10-22 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-10-22, 11:32 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
For the sake of everyone here, please don't talk about or even research mods until your car is running 100% perfectly.

~ im2bz2p345
i am not sure if car will be in good condition some day it have mechanical and pain and rust issues.. so all sort of issues... its like everything falls a part. Should i ask scrap yard how much they will buy it? Since no other offers available? We dont have actions for selling cars like in Usa
Old 07-10-22, 06:12 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

i am not sure if car will be in good condition some day it have mechanical and pain and rust issues.. so all sort of issues... its like everything falls a part. Should i ask scrap yard how much they will buy it? Since no other offers available? We dont have actions for selling cars like in Usa
If you can't live with the issues/problems or if you don't think it's worth running it on the expensive gas you have, I certainly would get the vehicle to a condition where you can sell it to another person or a used car shop. I would not continue to pour more money into fixing small things (i.e. your driver's seat) as you will not able to capture that money back if/when you sell it. I certainly wouldn't consider mods of any kind!

If you seriously cannot get it sold to another person or used car shop and you don't think it is worth the expense to maintain/keep it/run it, I would compare how much different scrap yards/salvage yards will offer you.

Nobody can make these decisions besides you so there please don't create a new topic to ask the community this. It's a personal decision. Consider your overall finances too. The Lexus GS is a "luxury" car - it's targeted toward buyers that can afford pay a premium for it, pay a premium to run it, and pay a premium to maintain it. It's not like a Toyota Corolla (which is the best selling vehicle in Bulgaria)

~ im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 07-10-22 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 450h What brake disks and pads to get in order to achieve good stopping distance.