GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

mirrors dimming feature doesnt work at all...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-22 | 04:48 PM
bladest
Instructor

hi i can provide all my car option if needed, i dont have lane assistant because i have night vision people with night vision are lacking it,its due to camera placement i think...
All the diagrams ypu have provided i will provide to my village repair person it can take month , i will report when he does these...

is it hard glass mirrors to be removed from the car is there a youtube video?
only glass it self not the whole mirror?
i got person with tech stream which can came and diagnose the car but not any mirrors error , When my car seat was broken tech stream also provided 0000 errors...
so its some sort of zero diagnostic to me...

Thanks for these Diagrams! a lot, i will pass them to my village mechanic , i will love to fix my car completely because so far i spended small fortune into it.... i also bought chemicals for fixing rust, but my village is too busy, i want to ask you, these diagrams and info which you have provided is it free and availble over i-net ?
Can i access it or its subscription based?
I think the easier way to tell if my mirrors are with EC is to dissamble them completely like these guidelines.
why my mirrors have counter lines and mirrors over ebay doesnt have?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17550058239...torefresh=true

Please see front no counter my have counter lines not sure if this is because my car is European or if because glass have been changed, my car had several accidents over the years which are unknown to me....
and i got no info from previous owner...

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xj4AA...vk/s-l1600.jpg
also here i see that thing which reflect light i guess such thing doesnt available on non dimmable mirror its in the middle circled form?

My 30 years old honda accords have heated mirrors and here we have a lot of snow so i find this option very usefull and also it rains a lot so this thing really helps.

These all things inside the pdf and into the pictures are way beyond my little knowledge,
i will pass all of this to my repair man, i hope he will be able to fix my shocks soon. and check other things like mirrors because i really need them...
i preffer to drive when there is not much traffic but in the night i preffer to have auto dimming mirrors like car came from factory in case you are curious all my car options here are they for you...

i am not really sure but i think my car is also having high electricity heater but this thing never works....
i tried it at -3 degrees and it doesnt provides any heat at maximum...

About different regions, i can give you a tip i have looked so many cars before i have bought my rusty bucket without seeing it.

For example if car is from SPAIN or Italy or some hot country, it doesnt have winter package, never. so heated mirrors/heated steering and other heating things can missing if not all some of them...
About the sun roof and moon roof this is how car has been purchased from previous owner i have sun roof on my classical cars and i dont use it so i really think that sun roof makes you more issues... and its kinda useless and its easier to brake or drain pipes to be blocked...
Also cold area package includes wipers and winshield deicers + weather package which provides you glasses with easy clean when it rains, but in that way it missed double glazed window...
Cold area package is really great.

About these moulding removal tools are these dealers only or i can get them from someshop any suggestion?

Thanks for the documents and pictures that will be very helpfull since i am lacking access to any repair stuff about the car...

Old 12-14-22 | 05:15 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Oh that's cool, you've got the full range cruise control! I'd love that, in fact I'd pay to upgrade from high speed cruise to full range. I think that was 450H special, along with the 3 beam headlights. I think it's just a matter of swapping out ECUs.......Peasodos would probably know. I wonder whether my 350 would be unhappy with a 450H specific ECU installed.

Originally Posted by bladest
i dont have lane assistant because i have night vision people with night vision are lacking it,its due to camera placement i think...
Rings a bell. That must mean you have the 2 button switch next to the steering wheel. I bought that switch and installed it to control my floodlight. Can't beat that OEM look.
is it hard glass mirrors to be removed from the car is there a youtube video?
No idea, I suggest it's the same on every car. I'm sure there's a YT video on removing a mirror from a Toyota
About these moulding removal tools are these dealers only or i can get them from someshop any suggestion?
Well what do you know, the part number for moulding removal tool D is 09061-1C340. Cheap. Also listed is a part number for a kit, 09061-1C300
only glass it self not the whole mirror?
Yes, 300 USD or so per glass. (Crikey) Don't mess with it.
Can i access it or its subscription based?
https://techinfo.toyota.com
Please see front no counter my have counter lines .
TBH I don't know. You may have to spend some time on google or carsales to answer that question. If you ask nicely, someone may upload a picture of their genuine mirror to see if yours looks the same. Look up photos on cars for sale.
If my mirror glass fell off (it happens) and I could buy a BSM compatible aftermarket mirror for 1/4 the cost, I would.....
Old 12-14-22 | 05:29 PM
bladest
Instructor

I really wanted to get that car , i mean based on the extremely rare option list, night vision life was only 1 year.
head lights triple led is also rare + afs. Adaptive cruise control is fantastic i have driven many cars for long journey adaptive/full speed control is REALLY A MUST. + driver monitoring system i dont know if it even works.

Here is picture inside my car, can you clarify That must mean you have the 2 button switch next to the steering wheel >? Can you provide picture ? So you have installed lane keep assist button and you control your headlight up and down or?
If you have picture or small video this will be great so i can understand better since my english is not top notch.

Thanks for the part number of the moulding tool.
I recently bought genuine wrench used so i am very happy its black
you can install every headlight in every GS model if its from the same generation.

here is how my car looks like , in case you have not seen it in other pictures from my other topics.

On ebay i see only EC mirrors without my countered line this makes me believe that mine arent genuine ones...
So about your self are you toyota technician so you fix their cars , do you do this for a living or just a hobby.
I never driven GS350 , but its great that it have AWD , which is quite good for me when it rains or snows and you have 1 hybrid battery less to think, but 350 models arent availble in europe or they was extremely rare.

Old 12-14-22 | 05:46 PM
Cwang
Instructor

That interior is beautiful man. I don't work for Toyota nor am I a mechanic, I've just taken an unhealthy interest in my GS. I know it's scary buying a used luxury car so the more people out there supporting the community, the better.
Or, I'm just a tightass and had to learn how to self diagnose and find part numbers to import cheaper OEM parts, or otherwise pay the 'Australia tax.'

Old 12-14-22 | 07:16 PM
Hues10
Advanced

I would not be able to ever visit Australia or England. I would not want to try and drive a right side steering wheel. Would end up going on the wrong side on streets, making right on reds instead of left on reds. Catastrophe. Though I like the metallic pedals. Cool we can converse half way around the world. I know, that internet thing…..
Old 12-15-22 | 04:29 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cwang
That interior is beautiful man. I don't work for Toyota nor am I a mechanic, I've just taken an unhealthy interest in my GS. I know it's scary buying a used luxury car so the more people out there supporting the community, the better.
Or, I'm just a tightass and had to learn how to self diagnose and find part numbers to import cheaper OEM parts, or otherwise pay the 'Australia tax.'

About the picture what is this thing inside your vents ,what exactly does, you have cool red interior which is amazing. leather and also night vision! Its good person to be interested in his car, gs350 is more reliable due to lack of hybrid parts battery which is very costly. i agree about you community is great.
Old 12-15-22 | 05:08 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hues10
I would not be able to ever visit Australia or England.
Do you walk on the right side of the footpath too? Or the 'sidewalk' as you probably refer to it. Also, are your foot pedals in reverse order?

I don't actually have NV, I just installed the button to control something else. That clipnyou see on the vent holds my mobile phone, I have a magnetic case so I just taped some magnets to the mount.
Old 12-15-22 | 06:08 AM
bladest
Instructor

I never been in the uk or australia but i will love to try car with right wheel, so what exactly your night vision button does? You mentioned some flood light? A lot of people in Bg drive right wheel cars because they are very cheap price of the car is 2-3 times cheaper its hard to pass cars . From where do you buy cheap genuine oem parts i use Usa sites for that ? Whats the next car you plan to buy after gs350?