GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Sad Night Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-22, 04:03 PM
dmac250
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
in the end how much do you pay for ES- or its in lease?

I can list few of the things where gs is better

at least my gs is having night vision ,4 brake caliper piston brakes 18 way adjustable seats,,,, faster than any ES, 450h... 5.7 seconds 0-100 rear wheels,better suspention and many other things...
way way better than ES, not sure with what can Es car can attract most people.
mine even have LED/high and low beams.... so unless they came with LASER headlight , which audi have and bmw and some other brands it will not be good upgrade and better seats/brake/engines and better fuel economy.
I never lease. I’m super happy to see your level of excitement for your GS and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. I’d agree with you that certain aspects of the GS are better, but may I suggest you go try the new ES out… I don’t think it’s as bad as you are trying to state. I’m not regretting the purchase one bit tho I loved my GS for other reasons.
Old 10-08-22, 04:07 PM
dmac250
Driver

Originally Posted by mjo13
A 15 year old ES would be better than your piece of junk, rust-bucket GSh. How are the busted shocks working out for you with your "better suspension"? The OP won't need a dedicated village idiot mechanic to keep his ES running.
dang guys, I appreciate the devotion to the cars and even constructive dialogue but my post was not made to see people arguing.

at the end of the day it’s only a vehicle and it’s important to like what you have so as I can see you both love your rides and that’s awesome.

I will say that in my use case I can upgrade some items on my ES and have the perfect car for me.

my daily reliable driver that I can customize a lil bit and add my own flair to it… I don’t see many ES’s doing that and therefore I think it would be nice to be differentiated with my own style. That’s the type person I am.

I’ve tried nearly every “reasonably” priced Lexus at the point and I’ve been happy every time.

Last edited by dmac250; 10-09-22 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-08-22, 05:32 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Do u have Sport+ or just Sport mode?

Sport+ means u have AVS and that's a game changer compared to my 21 ES with no S+ and AVS. I think the suspension rebound control is much better, like the GS. My ES would float and fly to the moon if I hit an uneven and wavy road. That's the part that I really hate about this car and u shouldn't have to upgrade anything when u just spent $54K on a brand new car.
Old 10-08-22, 05:34 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dmac250
I never lease. I’m super happy to see your level of excitement for your GS and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. I’d agree with you that certain aspects of the GS are better, but may I suggest you go try the new ES out… I don’t think it’s as bad as you are trying to state. I’m not regretting the purchase one bit tho I loved my GS for other reasons.
nothing cant beat amy brand new car with 11 years of warranty this is how much lexus europe can provide up to 11 years so congrats

can you tell me what was your GS? 450H?
Or 350 or something else?

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

Sport+ means u have AVS and that's a game changer compared to my 21 ES with no S+ and AVS. I think the suspension rebound control is much better, like the GS. My ES would float and fly to the moon if I hit an uneven and wavy road. That's the part that I really hate about this car and u shouldn't have to upgrade anything when u just spent $54K on a brand new car.

i have sport+
on my rusty bucket what are my benefits?
Old 10-08-22, 05:37 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Sport+ in ur rust bucket just turns the car into a bigger rust bucket or a Rust Bucket Plus.
The following 2 users liked this post by ItzFilyO:
ECL (10-10-22), lostape45 (10-09-22)
Old 10-08-22, 05:42 PM
bladest
Instructor

Sport+ in ur rust bucket just turns the car into a bigger rust bucket or a Rust Bucket Plus.
Do you mean faster or? When i fully galvanize the body + replace the shocks will the car be like yours or better.
Old 10-08-22, 05:45 PM
er34
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 194 Posts

I waved goodbye to my GS last night. It was only a year and a half ago that I had to change a catalytic converter on it. After I got it fixed it ran beautifully. Fast forward to about a week ago and the engine light came on. I ran the diagnostic and came to find the other one was now bad. I took it to Lexus to confirm and while there they had me take a look at the new ES F Sport. After a test drive and them making me an offer on my broken GS, I drove off in the ES. Besides the convertor issue, the GS was one of the best cars I've ever owned. I was a bit sad to see it roll away.

My New Ride:

Most likely previous owner put diesel and caused long term damage to the cats.
Old 10-08-22, 08:59 PM
RMachuca3D
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cats benefit from an italian tune up occasionally.

If you wanted to keep the car, replace the cat and sell the used one, it would have paid for like half the cost of the new one.
Old 10-09-22, 07:57 AM
dmac250
Driver

I have sport +
Old 10-09-22, 07:58 AM
dmac250
Driver

Originally Posted by bladest
nothing cant beat amy brand new car with 11 years of warranty this is how much lexus europe can provide up to 11 years so congrats

can you tell me what was your GS? 450H?
Or 350 or something else?

i have sport+
on my rusty bucket what are my benefits?
it was a 2016 GS 350 F Sport

Last edited by dmac250; 10-10-22 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-09-22, 08:00 AM
bladest
Instructor

it was a 2015 GS 350 F Sport
You got lucky 450h have 4 catalytic convertors
in my country which is in Europe , they remove and isolate cats here no one is replacing them... in some cases they get used ones..
Enjoy your Es, what things you like about ES?
Old 10-09-22, 08:00 AM
dmac250
Driver

Originally Posted by er34
Most likely previous owner put diesel and caused long term damage to the cats.
lol I bought it directly from the dealer brand new. It was on the show room floor.

It is funny that they had to charge the battery before they could give it to me tho.
Old 10-09-22, 08:01 AM
dmac250
Driver

Originally Posted by RMachuca3D
Cats benefit from an italian tune up occasionally.

If you wanted to keep the car, replace the cat and sell the used one, it would have paid for like half the cost of the new one.
more steps than I needed.
Old 10-09-22, 10:03 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I have sport +
Oh yeah, u have the real deal man. Maybe Lexus saw my biatchin' about the ES on here and decided to make S+ standard on ES FSport now.

Now make AWD standard Lexus!!!
Old 10-09-22, 04:20 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

it was a 2015 GS 350 F Sport
Looks like you did a 16+ front end conversion.

I had a 15 too. It was a great car!

Quick Reply: Sad Night Last Night