Is a gs350 still worth it? What do you think about this gs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-22, 08:48 AM
Respect4z
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nalod
I left out some things. Sorry.
end of 2019 I tried to buy a 2019 GS left over before dealer had to register. Factory gives Dealerships big money to move them. I got greedy and did not need a car but shopped until I found a deal on a specific car for 49k. Car comes in and someone made a big mistake. It was a 2020 and they tried backing out. I understood but was pissed and dealer made good by counter with a lease at that 49k, very low rate, no money down, and thus if I bought the car after three years for the mentioned price I’d be whole. Remember, this was pre covid and GS was on its last legs. It was a win-win as I could walk away if I was not happy or car was problematic.
Lexus offered me 12k to walk away 5 months ago. I doubt that is on the table now and prices are softening but I don’t drive a lot, maybe 12k a year. With Covid the car only has 21k miles on it. With Covid prices of low mile GS AWD Fsport is a bit nutty even still.
So timing was how I got a 60k car, for 49k. The 28k is my buy out and while rates are “high”, I can just stroke a check for it. While there are other things I’d like to drive I am looking not what I have spend on the financed depreciation that is the lease, but the simple fact is what I have now, and its price of 28k. Sorry I did convey that clearly.
Used car prices obviously makes this sweet. I do national auto trader and see similar retail prices for 40-44k. Thats nuts and likely dealers are coming off that. So my perspective is what can I buy for 28K that comes close? how much would I have to spend to find a low mile care to make me happy? Value proposition does not equate.

I currently have a 2004 Corolla, it’s a lil shaky but with a $600 investment in fixing one or 2 non mechanical things, it should drive fine, I’ve had this car for a while and I want a new one, I accepted a job in nyc and wanted to buy a newer car, the drive to nyc will be 9 hours, all I always wanted since 2016 was a Lexus GS but we are in 2022, my question is should I drive my 2004 Corolla for another 6months to a year, should I buy a different car or stick to the GS , my budget is about $45k, which doesn’t get u much nowadays?
Old 10-23-22, 09:12 AM
fourgs
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Its a dealer. In dealer reviews I see people complaining that its a scammy one. The first comment. Some dealers put a good price online and when you come there the finance department says 10 000 market adjustment fee. . and I live in the same area, north of chicago suburbs.
at least ask on the phone whats the real price.at 37k its a good deal.
I went all the way to Iowa to get mine.

Last edited by fourgs; 10-23-22 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-23-22, 09:39 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

I miss the old days where u can go to a dealer and see 10 grand off here and 12 grand off there cause their inventory isn't moving. Let's go back to those days boys.
Old 10-23-22, 10:59 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by JAYGS4NYC
That looks like a great find. Question to 4GS experts - I thought the luxury package was discontinued after 2016/2017. Am I mistaken?
Luxury package was discontinued in the USA, but still offered in other markets. According to the Carfax your car was originally sold in Canada. Otherwise you will not find a Luxury package on a 2018 GS in the USA, so that makes it very rare.
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (10-23-22)
Old 10-23-22, 01:14 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I miss the old days where u can go to a dealer and see 10 grand off here and 12 grand off there cause their inventory isn't moving. Let's go back to those days boys.
My buddy has to go back to the office and was looking for some cheap car like Corolla or Civic but the dealers here wanted 8-10k on top lol
Old 10-23-22, 01:16 PM
JUTMSS32
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fourgs
Its a dealer. In dealer reviews I see people complaining that its a scammy one. The first comment. Some dealers put a good price online and when you come there the finance department says 10 000 market adjustment fee. . and I live in the same area, north of chicago suburbs.
at least ask on the phone whats the real price.at 37k its a good deal.
I went all the way to Iowa to get mine.
I read all the negative reviews and there were many. Not saying that the care isn't nice, but I wouldn't purchase it or anything else from that dealer. Buyer beware!

Last edited by JUTMSS32; 10-24-22 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Respect4z (10-23-22)
Old 10-23-22, 02:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I think most dealers are scummy right now. They hungry!!!
Respect4z (10-23-22)
Old 10-23-22, 04:13 PM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctj
https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs

attachments

Comes with the triple beams, the heads up display, mark levinson sound system, and a power trunk lid closer. Yoou have all the options basically.
The only feature that seams to be missing that I really like is Parking Assist, but maybe it has it and I'm just not seeing it.
Old 10-23-22, 04:20 PM
PGA71
Advanced

Originally Posted by JUTMSS32
I read all the negative reviews and there where many. Not saying that the care isn't nice, but I wouldn't purchase it or anything else from that dealer. Buyer beware!
I see your point. The dealer states 1 owner but clearly not the case.
Many reviews say they jack up the price $3k or more at POS.
Who knows what else is off.
Would need to get up close to this one, test drive and even then, they may hike up the price w extras not advertised.

Last edited by PGA71; 10-23-22 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-23-22, 05:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I looked at an LS last time and was advertised at MSRP of $86K but when I asked for the final numbers, they added about $10K extras in like paint protection, tinted windows, and other worthless stuff that don't even worth $1 to me. It's either that or "market adjustment" same stuff, different name. Scummy.
Old 10-23-22, 05:36 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PGA71
The only feature that seams to be missing that I really like is Parking Assist, but maybe it has it and I'm just not seeing it.
It does have it, u can see the circle parking sensors in some of the pics. That car looks to be fully loaded.
Old 10-23-22, 09:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Respect4z
I’m a traveling nurse, was going to buy a car last year but decided to wait till I am done traveling, I’m in the market for a Lexus , saw this car, it looks like the luxury package, wanted to know your thoughts
Thought you might be interested in this CarGurus listing:
2018 Lexus GS 350 AWD - $37,000 (GOOD_PRICE)
Mileage: 31,158 Location: Waukegan, IL
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/338864629
Back to your topic.

That's a very nice GS. Its very well equipped, and not many like it. Especially not many you can find like it for sale. My GS is equipped the same except the AWD which I did not want or need. It's not like you can just order one like it. If you want it make a offer $1K - 2K less that they know you are a serious. If it were me if they only took off $500 or zero, and I wanted it I would get it. Not many GS's have the equipment it has. Good Luck!!!
Respect4z (10-26-22)
Old 10-23-22, 10:43 PM
PGA71
Advanced

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
It does have it, u can see the circle parking sensors in some of the pics. That car looks to be fully loaded.
Those can be for BSM. The LPA button is under the right arm rest center council on mine and an indicator on the instrument panel.
I just don't see them nor is it mentioned in the specs.

Last edited by PGA71; 10-23-22 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-24-22, 06:32 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

If that car was originally a Canadian spec car, you should ensure that it was imported legally, and that all the required documentation accompanies the vehicle, including Customs and Border Patrol , EPA, and NHTSA documents. Without all of these, your car was not imported legally and could be seized at any time.

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car
https://www.nhtsa.gov/importing-vehicle
https://www.nhtsa.gov/document/impor...guidelines-pdf
https://www.epa.gov/importing-vehicl...es-and-engines

Canadian cars, even if apparently identical to their American counterparts, must still go through the importation process. https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car

Additionally, the vehicle may not be eligible for any warranty, recall, TSB, or other manufacturer coverage or support due to the foreign VIN. Climate controls and various instrument cluster readouts, including speed, may be in metric (Celsius, Kilometers, Liters per 100km etc.).

For pricing comparison, I paid approximately that price for my L-Certified 2018 GS 350 AWD F-Sport in April 2021 with much less content (my car has ML Stereo, but no HUD, triple beam, or power trunk) and 28000 miles. That price included the L-Certified extended warranty and free maintenance for 2 years. My car was a single owner lease return and the Lexus Owners site and Carfax showed that the car has been dealer maintained like clockwork every 5000 miles. That was while used car values were still rising.

This car is interesting enough to warrant further inspection as it could possibly be the only 2018 GS 350 w/ Luxury package in the US (each market gets their own product planners, which is why packages/options are not standardized across the world), but the ownership experience may not be as simple as it would be with a domestically sold car.

Last edited by GrandSedanFan; 10-24-22 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-24-22, 12:02 PM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice ride for sure but the dealer sounds like it will be alot of bs with them and their pricing model to make the deal work. I guess it depends on how bad you want the the car, what you're willing to pay for it, and how it really looks like when you get there.

Quick Reply: Is a gs350 still worth it? What do you think about this gs