GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Thoughts on these triple beam LED aftermarket headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-22, 10:52 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

They look really nice and I would buy these if I had this generation. I would just want to see a photo of the light beam and cut off at night.

For my wife's ES we had a few years back, I bought an aftermarket OEM-style set to replace the worn oem ones. They were significantly cheaper than this (halogen projector) and they were fine from an output and quality perspective. For the aesthetic benefit I think its a nice buy.
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (11-12-22)
Old 11-12-22, 11:38 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Looks wise they look great! They look better than the 16+ Triple because IMO the 16+ are too small for the front design of the rest of the GS.

I asked over in the IS forum if their aftermarkets were Adaptive. They said none were. Hard pass for me too. There is a Guy on Facebook who got these. Waiting too see what happens when he installs. Also wonder if the dash warning lights for the Headlights is going to come on?
keep us updated on how it goes for him. And I’m sure there would be warning lights for the headlights
Old 11-12-22, 11:44 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

It doesn't look like they can move for AFS though. Plus I think if they do move, it would cost 2-3x more.
Old 11-12-22, 11:47 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,149 Likes on 848 Posts

It looks pretty good - nice to see an actual vid of the fitment and install along with actual pics of a car outfitted with the headlamps. Night time photos certainly help to see the overall look. @Kingmatt24 I think your ride would look good with these headlamps. You already have the tails from a 2016 and these would be the easiest and cheapest update to make your pre-refresh look more like the refreshed models.

Which seller quoted you $1100? Was it from Alibaba or eBay?

There was another thread last week with a few links/discussion on these headlamps as well: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...lable-now.html
Old 11-12-22, 11:54 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
It looks pretty good - nice to see an actual vid of the fitment and install along with actual pics of a car outfitted with the headlamps. Night time photos certainly help to see the overall look. @Kingmatt24 I think your ride would look good with these headlamps. You already have the tails from a 2016 and these would be the easiest and cheapest update to make your pre-refresh look more like the refreshed models.

Which seller quoted you $1100? Was it from Alibaba or eBay?

There was another thread last week with a few links/discussion on these headlamps as well: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...lable-now.html
the person who made the YouTube video I included in my post quoted me that, I messaged him on IG. These headlights would definitely look good with the theme on my car and I could probably sell my OEMs
for a decent price. But idk, haven’t done anything to my car since January and I’d still rather get a newer car with low miles next year
Old 11-12-22, 11:55 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
It doesn't look like they can move for AFS though. Plus I think if they do move, it would cost 2-3x more.
yeah, you don’t really get that type of stuff on aftermarket headlights. Definitely not for this price range at least
Old 11-12-22, 12:33 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

I think even the base headlights for the GS has auto leveling right? If these don't have it, will it throw an error code?
Old 11-12-22, 01:53 PM
ViperTim
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

They look great.
Actually they look fantastic, aesthetically.
In real life I have no hopes and all doubts.
Probably just a waste of money and will blind all oncoming traffic.
As I’ve stated in the prior thread.
Old 11-12-22, 03:14 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by ViperTim
They look great.
Actually they look fantastic, aesthetically.
In real life I have no hopes and all doubts.
Probably just a waste of money and will blind all oncoming traffic.
As I’ve stated in the prior thread.
I've used aftermarket headlamps a quarter of the price of these and they had a proper cutoff shield. There's no reason to assume they would blind oncoming traffic unless the end user adjusts them incorrectly, which can be done with any OEM housing as well.

It would be nice to see a photo of the cutoff and light beam at night for those interested.
Old 11-12-22, 03:38 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,299 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
I've used aftermarket headlamps a quarter of the price of these and they had a proper cutoff shield. There's no reason to assume they would blind oncoming traffic unless the end user adjusts them incorrectly, which can be done with any OEM housing as well.

It would be nice to see a photo of the cutoff and light beam at night for those interested.
I have ran aftermarket in a few different cars myself. They always lit the road better. Never had a problem because they were projector beams with cutoff. Only if you put LED or Hid's in a non projector beam headlight do you end up with the blinding problem.
Old 11-12-22, 03:49 PM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by jgscott
I have ran aftermarket in a few different cars myself. They always lit the road better. Never had a problem because they were projector beams with cutoff. Only if you put LED or Hid's in a non projector beam headlight do you end up with the blinding problem.
Yeah definitely was more of an issue 15 years ago when most cars still had reflector housings. I do remember the IS300 from about 2004 had OEM hid reflectors.

Looking at the video, I can tell they have a good cutoff shield since the camera at a few points was at a level that would have been blinded by the beam if it were not for a proper cutoff shield.

Also, it's an odd video with them removing the 2016+ bumper and OEM triple beams to install these. The swastika also threw me off but then I realized it was a JDM video.

Last edited by BMGS; 11-12-22 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-12-22, 04:31 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow. They look fantastic. I feel like I’d be worried about long-term performance, and man that feels like a lot of money to replace high quality headlights.
Old 11-12-22, 05:51 PM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
Wow. They look fantastic. I feel like I’d be worried about long-term performance, and man that feels like a lot of money to replace high quality headlights.
especially considering this is the first aftermarket headlight for the GS, we really have no clue how they'll hold up. But if you were to sell your OEM headlights, you should easily be able to get your money back, if not more. If i was keeping my car longer I would probably get them
Old 11-12-22, 09:36 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

These started popping up on aliexpress recently for around 800.
Old 11-13-22, 12:59 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,149 Likes on 848 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Yeah definitely was more of an issue 15 years ago when most cars still had reflector housings. I do remember the IS300 from about 2004 had OEM hid reflectors.
Looking at the video, I can tell they have a good cutoff shield since the camera at a few points was at a level that would have been blinded by the beam if it were not for a proper cutoff shield.
Also, it's an odd video with them removing the 2016+ bumper and OEM triple beams to install these. The swastika also threw me off but then I realized it was a JDM video.
@BMGS that bumper/grille/headlight removal threw me too - but i think that is a modded pre-refresh engine note. When the person in the car started up the engine, it sounded just like my '13 GS350. I believe the refreshed 3.5 engine (2GR-FSE) sound on startup and idle is slightly different than the newer, refreshed GS engine (2GR-FKS) note.

@Kingmatt24 is that a modded '13-'15 in the video?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on these triple beam LED aftermarket headlights?