GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Thoughts on these triple beam LED aftermarket headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-22, 09:36 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

hey Josh is that a custom OEM bumper or aftermarket ?
Old 11-17-22, 08:35 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by kietlander
Custom they fused oem 2013 bumper headlight area with oem 2016 bumper.
Old 11-17-22, 08:53 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
So u do lose the auto leveling with these.
You, do these manually adjust for the headlight level -- a screw driver is used on an adjustment jig behind the headlight to level out the lights on flat surface (Just like how my old 2nd Gen IS was).

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Those lights do look good with your 2016+ F-Sport front end conversion...certainly more aggressive. For $600 from the seller you mentioned in the other post, its not as pricey as some of the aftermarket ones we've seen. Shipping is over $300 which puts it around the same price as some eBay sellers.

Reposting some of the links/info here in case its helpful for others:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post11395229

https://itunning.en.alibaba.com/

Well, ten years after the 4GS debut and its eventual discontinuation, folks finally have a decent aftermarket headlamp option!
Agreed its definitely a glow up. The car just looks so much more modern now, I need to get my old build thread updated one of these days lol since alots changed. Next on the list is to retrofit the 16+ steering wheel + heating, led streaming turn signals mirror lights (match the headlights pretty well) and power folding mirrors. I just got all the parts in so hopefully in the coming weeks as things slow for the holidays I will get these tackled.

Originally Posted by peasodos
Confirmed it was a custom bumper, I had my body shop fuse the uppers of my original 13+ F-Sport bumper with the lower and center portions of the 16+ F-Sport bumper
The following 2 users liked this post by JoshIS408:
AJLex19 (11-17-22), Im2bz2p345 (11-17-22)
Old 11-19-22, 11:50 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
I actually had one of the first sets of these headlights for the GS --- mine arrived on Halloween with a stroke of bad luck. My passenger side DRL was DOA, after some testing with the supplier I used we determined the unit was faulty. supplier provided me a replacement headlight and had it air freight over which was really cool.

Just got my replacement light in yesterday, Cutoff is nice and driving is pretty bright
- Bright Low Beams
- Bright High Beams
- Bright DRL
- Switch Back Turn Signal Streaming DRL

My car is a 2013 GS350 F-Sport (No AFS, with auto levelling)
- No errors on dash (two drives so far, yesterday and today)
- headlight adjustment is manual, you use a screw driver on adjustment **** on back of headlight (Just like the 2IS platform)

Overall very happy, these are high quality and basically on par id assume with any vland headlight all the 2IS folks are running. For the price its not bad at all consider real triple beam (prefacelift) are running 2k+ now

damn they look good! I like that the checkmark DRL is bigger than OEM. And we gonna just ignore the McLaren in your garage?
Old 11-21-22, 09:48 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Does anyone know if these will work without throwing a warning light on a AFS GS like the Lux?

I know they wont be adaptive and swivel to follow the car turning. But will a AFS option GS car not throw a AFS malfunction light if these are installed? Anyone?
Old 11-22-22, 11:00 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
That same Chinese seller that has the aftermarket triple LEDs also has '16 F-sport bumper conversion kits for the pre-refresh GS (which looks very similar to Josh's front end custom conversion). I noticed that most of the eBay bumpers are GS F conversions for the pre-refresh front bumper...but this one looks like a nice mashup that keeps the pre-refresh headlights intact but adds the flair of the newer F-Sport styling:

https://itunning.en.alibaba.com/prod...925631/GS.html

Old 11-22-22, 01:30 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Does anyone know if these will work without throwing a warning light on a AFS GS like the Lux?

I know they wont be adaptive and swivel to follow the car turning. But will a AFS option GS car not throw a AFS malfunction light if these are installed? Anyone?
From my understanding if your car is equipped with AFS it will throw an AFS error. There are ways around the error, I believe by changing out the ECU or with an AFS off switched --- though im not sure if the exact 'proper process.'
The other way to defeat the AFS error is to simply unplug the headlight ECU connector which is located on driver side floor (closest to ODB / fender)

That same Chinese seller that has the aftermarket triple LEDs also has '16 F-sport bumper conversion kits for the pre-refresh GS (which looks very similar to Josh's front end custom conversion). I noticed that most of the eBay bumpers are GS F conversions for the pre-refresh front bumper...but this one looks like a nice mashup that keeps the pre-refresh headlights intact but adds the flair of the newer F-Sport styling:

The bumper does look very similar, but I cannot vouch for the fitment; seems well constructed though. I used all original OEM Lexus parts for the bumper, including the foglight garnishes which I imported from japan through Amayama website. For the fog light unit self I used the Morimoto LED ones

Last edited by JoshIS408; 11-22-22 at 01:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JoshIS408:
AJLex19 (11-22-22), jgscott (11-22-22)
Old 11-22-22, 03:43 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

$360 for bumper and grille set?
Old 11-22-22, 05:53 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

$360 for bumper and grille set?
Looks like it - i think the shipping is going to be costly. In a sense, i think we've become so accustomed to marked up prices that seeing a cheaper price automatically raises red flags...It seems too good to be true but...

...a locally sourced aftermarket bumper for a 2016 GS is fairly cheap (probably made in China though!): https://www.carparts.com/details/Lex...01030027P.html
Old 11-22-22, 06:18 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
From my understanding if your car is equipped with AFS it will throw an AFS error. There are ways around the error, I believe by changing out the ECU or with an AFS off switched --- though im not sure if the exact 'proper process.'
The other way to defeat the AFS error is to simply unplug the headlight ECU connector which is located on driver side floor (closest to ODB / fender)
Hey thanks. So I was thinking two of the thought you said. One could I get a non AFS ECU. Does AFS switch off?I have a copy of TS. Last unplug the Headlight ECU. But I also, wondered if I would still get a ALS warning too?

I guessing you have ALS and thus you did not get a warning light. I want to get the lights and me a 3 other GS friends were almost about to all buy them about 3 weeks ago. Right now I'm kinda trying to wait and get a good price from a seller in the US, or on ebay just in case.
Old 04-21-23, 04:51 AM
Charlie777
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Please delete

Last edited by Charlie777; 04-21-23 at 04:59 AM.
Old 04-21-23, 04:58 AM
Charlie777
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I got backed into today, so it’s new bumper time. I think I’m going to pull the trigger on this, wonder if any additional parts like the bumper bracket are required?

Old 06-14-23, 09:08 PM
Charcos916
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

How do you adjust the lights? The old one you needed a long screw driver to adjust it and it slid down a groove and I can move the lights up or down. These aren’t working like that is it located somewhere else?
Old 06-15-23, 11:23 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I would be all over these triple LEDs, IF I didn't lose my AFS on my existing LED setup. I've been in enough curving roads where that additional swivel made all the difference. BUT maybe when my OEM ones fail, then I'll consider this (wouldn't want to pay 2k+ for replacement LED headlights) cause they look great!
Old 06-15-23, 08:40 PM
Neophyte2b
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Does the 2013 GS 350 F-Sport have auto-leveling lights?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on these triple beam LED aftermarket headlights?