GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th gen Gs, what are the floor mats/ carpets options list ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-23, 12:50 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 193 Posts

Since you're so convinced that it's the tyres stored in the car thing, then:

Originally Posted by bladest
Do you think its wise to store my rubber floor mats in plastic vacuum bags in order to stop the smell?
...I'm wondering why you're even bothering asking.
Old 03-10-23, 12:52 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Since you're so convinced that it's the tyres stored in the car thing, then:

...I'm wondering why you're even bothering asking.
I received the car
with tyres inside,they has been inside for a lot time almost a year,inside the car it self not the trunkt since trunk is too tiny to contain 4 alloy wheels + tyres.

Old 03-10-23, 02:25 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Ok let's try again.

If the car smells with the mats removed and you think that it isn't the mats in the first place, how are new mats going to help your case? What's the logic behind this?

If you think that the mats may have caused this (given that you asked if vacuum packing them would help), why haven't you checked whether they smell on their own? Like, sniff them? Put them in a room somewhere with no ventilation, close the door, leave them there for a couple of days, see if the room starts smelling like the car, etc?

Same thing with other interior parts. Some are pretty ridiculously easy to remove.

You can then start moving towards more difficult things like the rear seat backs, then the front seats, then the carpet itself.
Old 03-10-23, 02:30 PM
bladest
Instructor

Ok let's try again.

If the car smells with the mats removed and you think that it isn't the mats in the first place, how are new mats going to help your case? What's the logic behind this?

If you think that the mats may have caused this (given that you asked if vacuum packing them would help), why haven't you checked whether they smell on their own? Like, sniff them? Put them in a room somewhere with no ventilation, close the door, leave them there for a couple of days, see if the room starts smelling like the car, etc?

Same thing with other interior parts. Some are pretty ridiculously easy to remove.

You can then start moving towards more difficult things like the rear seat backs, then the front seats, then the carpet itself.
Floor mats was not in prestine condition in some places rubber was torn and scrathed a lot,
and i hate rubber doesnt provide me luxury feel like carpet, thats why i ordered brand new you know me i like to have everything in in best possible quality. Even on my 30-40 years old classical cars i use carpet floor mats genuine one .I plan to store the floor mats, somewhere where i live , i dont have other place to put them so i plan to pack them.Inside these bags.
I checked the floor mats several times they smell a little.
I personally cant dissamble the car it self,and i am still with me problems from last year since my mechanic is busy so... i plan to drive car at least 1000 miles in 1-2 weeks time because i am afraid it can seize ot collapse. i want to ask you again can you supply me your friends for parts and stuff.

Also does brake calipers on gs 450h seize a lot or all the time or if this a common issue i dont drive my car for months...
can my brake calipers seize?

Dissamble of the car is work for my pro village mechanic and he have not yet even replaced my leaking shocks so i am kinda stuck here.
Old 03-10-23, 02:47 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Go to your local toyota or lexus forums and figure out where most people are buying parts from. I'm pretty sure that you've burned that bridge already

Can't help with the smell if you can't do absolutely basic things on the car.
Old 03-10-23, 02:50 PM
bladest
Instructor

Go to your local toyota or lexus forums and figure out where most people are buying parts from. I'm pretty sure that you've burned that bridge already

Can't help with the smell if you can't do absolutely basic things on the car.
They doesnt like me there you known.
So i got no clue.Can you share contact details site or number for that person so i can try to find the bridge for parts, because i pay a lot for shipping taxes and i wait a lot as well..
Currently i am using the car smelley.
With leaking shocks what else i can expect to go bad on my car any suggestions ?
also how about brake caliper seizure due to non driving the car should i be worried , for my classical cars when i dont drive them few days their brake calipers start to stick and seize and i got issues...
can i expect same from my gs?
Old 03-11-23, 12:44 AM
Lead Lap

Received 790 Likes on 536 Posts

Your GS will likely suffer a catastrophic failure soon, so refrain from wasting money on it.

I think it’s better that way, the amount of worrying surely is not good for mental health!
Old 03-11-23, 03:29 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 107 Posts

They doesnt like me there you known.
So i got no clue.Can you share contact details site or number for that person so i can try to find the bridge for parts, because i pay a lot for shipping taxes and i wait a lot as well..
Currently i am using the car smelley.
With leaking shocks what else i can expect to go bad on my car any suggestions ?
also how about brake caliper seizure due to non driving the car should i be worried , for my classical cars when i dont drive them few days their brake calipers start to stick and seize and i got issues...
can i expect same from my gs?
lol, i know why they dont like u there, i think we over here think the same as ur dealership
Old 03-11-23, 03:55 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by 703
Your GS will likely suffer a catastrophic failure soon, so refrain from wasting money on it.

I think it’s better that way, the amount of worrying surely is not good for mental health!
What kinda failure i can expect, please suggest.
Old 03-11-23, 04:29 AM
Charlie777
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

What kinda failure i can expect, please suggest.
Complete annihilation.