GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Steering wheel movement for easy entry.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-22, 01:42 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Steering wheel movement for easy entry.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but this has really been bothering me lately. The steering wheel, it automatically tilts out of the way and also moves to the dash to allow "easy entry/exit" to the car.

Is there a way to customize this in Techstream or otherwise? I'm a taller guy, and I like my seat a certain way. It's annoying how I have to get out of car. Further I cannot store anything in the back seat or have colleagues in the back seat of the easy entry is on for the seat (working on this though through carista's beta version of their app).

I wouldn't mind the steering wheel going up/down, but the retraction gets in the way of my knees, so I have to twist my legs to get out, if that makes sense?

Any ideas?
Old 12-05-22, 03:23 PM
frankymenz
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes you can eliminate both of these options with techstream. I turned both off, set a different driver position for easy exit and set it to driver 3. That way if I ever want easy exit I just press driver 3 and it goes to that position. You can also customize the seat movement to about 1/2 of what it does on full easy entry and exit. The steering column movement is on or off, can’t be reduced to less, unless like I said you create a 3rd driver customized setting and then just turn the easy exit off for both the seat and steering column. I was un able to delete/ turn off the steering column with Carista but it was available in techstream customizations.
Old 12-05-22, 03:42 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,048 Likes on 662 Posts

Yeah Carista doesn't have the steering wheel one, only the seat which u can also do it from the nav system.
Old 12-05-22, 05:40 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by frankymenz
Yes you can eliminate both of these options with techstream. I turned both off, set a different driver position for easy exit and set it to driver 3. That way if I ever want easy exit I just press driver 3 and it goes to that position. You can also customize the seat movement to about 1/2 of what it does on full easy entry and exit. The steering column movement is on or off, can’t be reduced to less, unless like I said you create a 3rd driver customized setting and then just turn the easy exit off for both the seat and steering column. I was un able to delete/ turn off the steering column with Carista but it was available in techstream customizations.
Excellent to hear I can turn them off independently. I've already set my extra position to something else to try. But thanks, my cable is still in the mail so I'll be able to turn the steering wheel retraction off then. I'd rather keep the cycling of the seat and steering wheel down anyways to keep the wear and tear down, hence.
The following users liked this post:
frankymenz (12-05-22)
Old 12-05-22, 11:01 PM
ViperTim
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

I can set this inside the menus in the car.
I simply disabled the seat movement and only have the steering wheel movement.
Theres no need for any extra gadgets in order to do these settings.
At least not on my European model.