GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th generation 450h gs where is lug nut wrench located ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-22, 07:15 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

If you can’t find it. You don’t have it.
The following users liked this post:
NJLEXES (12-09-22)
Old 12-09-22, 03:04 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello i have checked today i dont have these.i will buy used one. Not sure again the size of the wrench is it 21 for gs and all of the lexuses?
Old 12-09-22, 03:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

No, u have to buy specifically for ur year and model of GS. Don't buy parts meant for other cars.
Old 12-09-22, 03:44 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
No, u have to buy specifically for ur year and model of GS. Don't buy parts meant for other cars.
Can i get Used wrench from lexus Suv for example , are these wrenches different?
Old 12-09-22, 08:41 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
Can i get Used wrench from lexus Suv for example , are these wrenches different?
Stop overcomplicating such simple things. Buy a 21mm wrench online. Buy one from your local parts store. Your country obviously doesn't forcibly remove rustbuckets off the road like mine does, there must be some rusting Lexus IS, ES, LS, GS, RX, SC or CT somewhere you can pinch one from. The only one that doesn't seem to share the same part number is the Lexus Land Cruiser. Just buy one!

Do what I did and buy a torque wrench on sale and a 21mm socket and leave it in the boot. That way you can torque the wheels correctly every time trained monkeys fitting tyres rattle them well overspec.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cwang:
JUTMSS32 (12-09-22), mjo13 (12-10-22)
Old 12-09-22, 10:14 PM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
Hello i have checked today i dont have these.i will buy used one. Not sure again the size of the wrench is it 21 for gs and all of the lexuses?
hang on, have you been able to get your Lexus roadside vest yet? Come on, it’s been over 2 years now.
mjo13 (12-10-22)
Old 12-09-22, 11:15 PM
JUTMSS32
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
Do what I did and buy a torque wrench on sale and a 21mm socket and leave it in the boot. That way you can torque the wheels correctly every time trained monkeys fitting tyres rattle them well overspec.
Bingo!!! This is what I do and have been doing for years. I keep a tool set in my trunk and a 3 foot torque wrench which works better than the supplied wrench in every way.
Old 12-09-22, 11:31 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by JUTMSS32
Bingo!!! This is what I do and have been doing for years. I keep a tool set in my trunk and a 3 foot torque wrench which works better than the supplied wrench in every way.
The factory wrench is great tool to break lug nut loose with your foot or body weight. One time a tire shop put it on so tight I had to bounce on the factory wrench with my full body weight to break it loose.
Old 12-10-22, 01:13 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
The factory wrench is great tool to break lug nut loose with your foot or body weight. One time a tire shop put it on so tight I had to bounce on the factory wrench with my full body weight to break it loose.
I keep a 1" x 2' tube in the boot for that reason. Saves one from needing to jump on the factory wrench, on the side of the roadwhilst it's probably dark and pissing down!
Old 12-10-22, 03:22 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cwang
Stop overcomplicating such simple things. Buy a 21mm wrench online. Buy one from your local parts store. Your country obviously doesn't forcibly remove rustbuckets off the road like mine does, there must be some rusting Lexus IS, ES, LS, GS, RX, SC or CT somewhere you can pinch one from. The only one that doesn't seem to share the same part number is the Lexus Land Cruiser. Just buy one!

Thanks i will buy regular wrench 21 size.

Originally Posted by 703
hang on, have you been able to get your Lexus roadside vest yet? Come on, it’s been over 2 years now.
Unfortunately not yet here it rains a lot, and i dont want to increase the rust, i have washed the car yesterday , still so many issues and my village man is busy so i am stuck kinda stuck...
Old 12-10-22, 04:42 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Same thing happened when I went to my trusted Lexus dealer for tires. Got the car home to check the torque and I needed a fencepost to loosen them.
Old 12-10-22, 08:24 AM
JUTMSS32
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I had the same thing happen with my Camry after having work done from a local shop. Each tire had at least one lug nut severely over torqued. I was still able to use the torque wrench to jump on and the 3 foot length acted like a breaker bar. Even still, I had a difficult time getting those lug nuts off and thought I was going to break a lug bolt or two.

I'll assume that the factory wrench is less than 3 feet, but I get what you're saying. Breaking a torque wrench would be somewhat expensive to replace whereas the factory wrench most likely won't break at all. Just be sure it's a 1/2 inch drive torque wrench and not a 1/4 inch drive torque wrench if you're going to stand or jump on it.

Last edited by JUTMSS32; 12-10-22 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-10-22, 11:22 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

...from the "tighten as much as possible with the impact wrench in no pattern whatsoever and then just make the torque wrench click once" department. grrrrrrrrrrrr
JUTMSS32 (12-10-22)
Old 12-10-22, 01:49 PM
bladest
Instructor

Can someone tell me how much torque is needed for these lug nuts to be tight exactly ?
Old 12-10-22, 02:15 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

Received 820 Likes on 607 Posts

Did you change those rusty old hub bolts that you posted a picture of?

Quick Reply: 4th generation 450h gs where is lug nut wrench located ?