GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th generation 450h gs where is lug nut wrench located ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-22, 02:16 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerf
Did you change those rusty old hub bolts that you posted a picture of?
i am not a mechanic my self i cant change a thing even my tyre.
So no i need to wait for my village repair man and it can take up to 6/12 months or year.
he is so busy so he have zero time for me.
Old 12-10-22, 02:24 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

Received 820 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
i am not a mechanic my self i cant change a thing even my tyre.
So no i need to wait for my village repair man and it can take up to 6/12 months or year.
he is so busy so he have zero time for me.
No reason to worry about the proper torque on your wheels then.
Old 12-10-22, 02:36 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gerf
No reason to worry about the proper torque on your wheels then.
Before i start and drive the car i always check tyres just to be safe.
Old 12-11-22, 03:46 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 135 Posts

Before i start and drive the car i always check tyres just to be safe.
I thought you owned three other cars? Why do you want to drive this one so bad that you need to have the lug nut wrench in place to drive it. Yet you said you can’t even change a tire and you have to wait for the village mechanic to do it. Wouldn’t your village mechanic have his own tools to change the tire? Something does not add up (though it is amusing to hear of your village problems). And you never answered my previous question posed to you. How many miles have you driven this car since you purchased it? Does this car even work?
Old 12-11-22, 03:56 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hues10
I thought you owned three other cars? Why do you want to drive this one so bad that you need to have the lug nut wrench in place to drive it. Yet you said you can’t even change a tire and you have to wait for the village mechanic to do it. Wouldn’t your village mechanic have his own tools to change the tire? Something does not add up (though it is amusing to hear of your village problems). And you never answered my previous question posed to you. How many miles have you driven this car since you purchased it? Does this car even work?
Yes i own 3 cars in total.
i want all of my cars to be in perfect shape and condition.
yes i need lug wrench its quite critical, yes i cant change a tyre but i can check if someone with the lug wrench loosen my nuts it happens a lot here!
I wait for village mechanic to replace all of my shocks and to do other repairs to the cars.
For TYRES i go to tyres and rims i go to tyre repair shops.
Village mechanic have wrenches yes .
I have replied to all questions i have driven my rusty bucket with leaking shocks so far more than 10.000km and i continue to drive it even with that terrible shape.
I plan to bring the car very soon, to tyre and rim shop because i also have some vibration or it can be suspention issue.
Old 12-11-22, 02:55 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

I'm beginning to think your village mechanic will never have time for you, there's a story there! Get your neighbour to call up, I'll bet your next kebapche they could be in within the month!
Why don't you get your tyre shop to change your shocks? I've not seen a single tyre shop (exc grey import chains) that doesn't do basic mechanical repairs. Or has your reputation spread too far for them to take your booking
Old 12-11-22, 02:59 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cwang
I'm beginning to think your village mechanic will never have time for you, there's a story there! Get your neighbour to call up, I'll bet your next kebapche they could be in within the month!
Why don't you get your tyre shop to change your shocks? I've not seen a single tyre shop (exc grey import chains) that doesn't do basic mechanical repairs. Or has your reputation spread too far for them to take your booking
Tyre shop lastly broke a lot of my hub/wheel nuts, so it costed me very expensive repair for parts + my village repair man, i will not risk my car. Because here is BG its not Usa.
Here we have for the whole country 6 million people only.
salary is 250usd minimum and minimum pension per month is
233$ , people are familiar with my Lexus car the same way they known Space ships rockets thats why.
My village mechanic will solve my shocks and rust issue for few thousands of dollars .
Imagine with 250$ min salary how many great tyre shops are here?
Quality is extremely rare here,most of them doesnt have tools to lift your car they use cheap chinese jacks instead of better ones doesnt use dyno wrenches etcs,doesnt have proper balance machines only chinese junk... thats why i need to revisit and pray for better result.

My village mechanic is working a lot he is also having wife and kids... he is very very busy nothing i cant do its not about the money its about his non availability.
He is also fixing his house ,and he is also working another job.
here is your story.
Old 12-11-22, 04:37 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Well then there is only one thing for it....you need to learn to DIY! You clearly can't depend on anyone else! I've spent some time in the Poland, I understand how imported products are prohibitively expensive for the local populace. Heck, even German road tolls are unaffordable.

Buy yourself a decent jack, stands and socket kit. There is a good Youtube channel on all aspects of GS350 maintenance. Start with simple things like taking the wheels off and torquing them back on. Then remove the brake pads for inspection. Honestly, if I had 3 cars to DIY and they were as high KM as yours, I'd be installing a lift! It would be economically viable.
Old 12-11-22, 04:43 PM
bladest
Instructor

Well then there is only one thing for it....you need to learn to DIY! You clearly can't depend on anyone else! I've spent some time in the Poland, I understand how imported products are prohibitively expensive for the local populace. Heck, even German road tolls are unaffordable.

Buy yourself a decent jack, stands and socket kit. There is a good Youtube channel on all aspects of GS350 maintenance. Start with simple things like taking the wheels off and torquing them back on. Then remove the brake pads for inspection. Honestly, if I had 3 cars to DIY and they were as high KM as yours, I'd be installing a lift! It would be economically viable.
let me try to explain to you once again,
i live in place where everything is in rent i have no electricity,
no place or space , or tools or way to do dyi repairs....
i live in place where in order to buy proper new apartament + garage you need to spend 250.000k$ usd So for me its more affordable to live in rent and to pay money to my village mechanic instead of investing small fortune...
to buy proper garage it will cost me 30.000$ to buy tools and other things few $$$$ more, all of these exceed value of the car i dont plan to open repair shop....
for all of my 3 cars i go to my village mechanic and for the last 15 years i am very happy from his work.
I have been with other mechanics but he is the best in terms of quality.
Yes lift is better but again i got no place to do that work.
I also work a lot i work everysingle day ,so i preffer to spend my hours at work instead of fixing my own cars... thats why i preffer to pay premium...
i hope you will understand not everybody can became a car mechanic.
I will better pay someone from this forum if its in the same country as me to do these jobs... repairs...
Old 12-11-22, 04:57 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

At this point, u would be better to open a repair shop.
Old 12-11-22, 05:00 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
At this point, u would be better to open a repair shop.
i still preffer to use expensive repair mans like my village repair man...
he is older person with a lot of experience even if i open repair shop i will be 20-30 years behind his knowledge and i must admit i got zero skillz with car repairs... i can only watch... how master do the work...
Can someone post me picture of left or right mirror glass so i can compare with mine i got another issue.
Old 12-11-22, 07:41 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Heck, even German road tolls are unaffordable.
Was ist das?
Old 12-11-22, 08:51 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
Was ist das?
My wife's wujek (based in Warsaw) was driving trucks between Poland and Germany, he said the tolls were prohibitively expensive on Polish wages.

i hope you will understand not everybody can became a car mechanic.
If one is to run multiple high mileage cars they must either 1) have access to a good, affordable mechanic or 2) have DIY skills. Your situation is untenable, you keep barraging this forum with your peculiar brand of vehicular hypochondria, it's bad for your mental health. Either sell all the cars and buy a new Camry, find a new mechanic or learn to DIY. Even if the next mechanic isn't as good, they've got to be better than the one who did the pre purchase inspection on your 450!

With a jack, 2x stands, a socket set, fluid pump, torque wrench, Toyota oil filter adapter, spark plug socket and a funnel you can change - engine oil, oil filter, wheels, brake pads and rotors, diff oil, spark plugs and both air filters. Those items cost me less than a single service from an mechanic.

Last edited by Cwang; 12-11-22 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-11-22, 09:48 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

@bladest how did you come up with your username, what does it mean?
Old 12-11-22, 09:53 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

My wife's wujek (based in Warsaw) was driving trucks between Poland and Germany, he said the tolls were prohibitively expensive on Polish wages.
My bad, I thought you were referring to passenger car tolls, which don't exist over there.

Quick Reply: 4th generation 450h gs where is lug nut wrench located ?