GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th generation 450h gs where is lug nut wrench located ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-22, 09:57 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
My bad, I thought you were referring to passenger car tolls, which don't exist over there.
Sign me up! All new roads and existing road upgrades get tolled in Sydney.
Old 12-12-22, 01:24 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
My wife's wujek (based in Warsaw) was driving trucks between Poland and Germany, he said the tolls were prohibitively expensive on Polish wages.

If one is to run multiple high mileage cars they must either 1) have access to a good, affordable mechanic or 2) have DIY skills. Your situation is untenable, you keep barraging this forum with your peculiar brand of vehicular hypochondria, it's bad for your mental health. Either sell all the cars and buy a new Camry, find a new mechanic or learn to DIY. Even if the next mechanic isn't as good, they've got to be better than the one who did the pre purchase inspection on your 450!

With a jack, 2x stands, a socket set, fluid pump, torque wrench, Toyota oil filter adapter, spark plug socket and a funnel you can change - engine oil, oil filter, wheels, brake pads and rotors, diff oil, spark plugs and both air filters. Those items cost me less than a single service from an mechanic.
My classical cars give me way few issues compared to my Rust bucket, they also have little rust compared to my newer car.

i have bought my car from abroad very far away pre purchase inspection was made from web site they collected money and they told car was fine...
so my car Orignally came from Russia.
1) i have access to parts over i-net only and i am struggling with my village repair man.
but thats life.

About selling the car for more than 1 year with price reduction, no one was interested if anyone is interested they want car to be registered with GERMAN plates which is not possible for me i have no german adress or citizen ship and i dont live in GERMANY.
That was the one inquiry which was real 99% was fake inquiry from bots... i reply to all of them but their messages was the same...
so car will be forever mine.
Since no one in Europe want it . Also people are cheap thats not a Ferarri, or something else collectable,
people preffer to have cars in their own country instead of getting one from abroad paying registration expensive transportation etcs etcs... and in my country zero market for these cars.
Due to many reasons people preffer german cars over here 1st and 2nd not lexus dealer, even not a toyota dealer its only a franchize i can pay for toyota name brand and i can became toyota service as well everyone can do this as franchize deal....
Camry is slower unfomrotable and less powerfull brakes etcs why i should replace my cool amazing car with camry?
thats a downgrade if i want downgrade i always drive my 30 years old classical japanese cars ,but even they have recaro seats and i bet they are much better than new junky/eco camry.
I have the best mechanic, again bg is small country and small markets.
I will mention like i have done in the paste i have spoke with toyota multiple times about several repairs - i have spoken with toyota franchize since other doesnt exist here, for example when i asked them have you ever done car seat repairing for toyota ot lexus they told me no,
when i ask them about repairs they tell me no , they have 000 experience and i will not risk to provide them my car, everyone is free to go to whoever mechanic is best .
When i ask them for parts they give me insane prices for lumbar seat mechanism around 2500$
i guess whole seat from them will cost 10.000$ or more ?

SO no mechanic has done pre purchase inspection on my car it was pre purchase inspected from web site which have provided fake /incorrect data....
if i knew few things about the car i will not buy it.
I also keep repeating my self that i work a lot of hours every single day i got no time and will to make my own repairs and that will never change even after 50 years.
I preffer to pay to my skilled village mechanic for example to have fixes but for some repairs i can wait 1 year since he is very busy and i am unable to drive the car properly or long untill its fixed.

Let me give you an example to change the oil, price starts from 5$ untill 10-20$ it all depends where you go...
thats labour only, to buy chinese floor jacks before years it cost 100$ per floor jack i dont know how much other tools cost.
My village repair man already changed differential oil,gearbox oil,engine oil etcs...
So i left with rust,shocks, and dimming mirrors issues for now.
Again your country have market for these cars and your country have much better prices for everything in Bg market is small
If i buy my own house one day i will think about servicing the car...
untill then i live in rent there is not even space in the streets to park my classical cars....
i will not plan to make repairs in 0 degrees or minus 5.... so thats not for everyone.

About my nickname i simply made it up nothing special it means nothing.