GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How to Stop Climate control from switching inside and outside air all the time.... ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-22, 03:43 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default How to Stop Climate control from switching inside and outside air all the time.... ?

Hi i use manual mode not auto, i set my air to circulate inside the car because in the city and town where i live air is very polluted, for reasons unknown to me,
car decides to change air circulation to outside air...

even if i press to circulate inside air after several minutes, car switches it by it self, and thats not right i have a lot of cars and heavy traffic in front of me,so i dont have clean air, how to turn off this not reasonable computer or whatever is called.

I never use Auto and i dont like my choise to be changed without even a reason?
Old 12-21-22, 01:06 PM
Jakerin
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Wish I knew the answer, maybe due to the temp setting you use? My ‘15 GS350 F Sport has three buttons, inside, auto and outside. I never use auto and whichever button I press stays in that mode. Summer setting is 69 and winter is 75-77 degrees.
Old 12-21-22, 01:31 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jakerin
Wish I knew the answer, maybe due to the temp setting you use? My ‘15 GS350 F Sport has three buttons, inside, auto and outside. I never use auto and whichever button I press stays in that mode. Summer setting is 69 and winter is 75-77 degrees.
That makes no sense,

Outside temperatures are around 0 or maximum 3-4 degrees,

inside temperature i set up for 23 degrees for driver and 20 degres passenger etcs..
Yes my gs have also same buttons,
inside,auto and outside i always use inside.

When i press inside it stays like that for few mins after that it decideds to go outside? Not sure what the logic behind this is...
Can it be sensor for pollutants not sure how its called smog sensor ?
Old 12-21-22, 04:29 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts

Is the Auto mode selected for the main HVAC control for the car? That'll override whatever recirculation or fresh air mode you've selected. You can temporarily override it, but I'll go back to fresh air at some point.

Do you not have a user manual?
Old 12-21-22, 04:31 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mangsailor
Is the Auto mode selected for the main HVAC control for the car? That'll override whatever recirculation or fresh air mode you've selected. You can temporarily override it, but I'll go back to fresh air at some point.

Do you not have a user manual?
Hi I use only inside air, i never use auto mode.
from where i can check about if the auto mode is selected in the main hvac.

Do you mean gui auto mode or the hardware button auto mode which of these two.
Old 12-21-22, 04:32 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Mine remembers the last setting, even after turning the car off and back on.
The following users liked this post:
Jakerin (12-21-22)
Old 12-21-22, 04:34 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Mine remembers the last setting, even after turning the car off and back on.
Can it be the smog sensor, settings?
its not remembering its messing with my settings all the time... even if i override it.
Old 12-21-22, 04:40 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

If I set mine manually to recirculation, it stays there until I change it again.
Jakerin (12-21-22)
Old 12-21-22, 04:40 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bladest
Hi I use only inside air, i never use auto mode.
from where i can check about if the auto mode is selected in the main hvac.

Do you mean gui auto mode or the hardware button auto mode which of these two.
There are two auto modes. One for recirculation/fresh air. The other auto (which is a lighted button) that automatically adjusts fan speeds, damper positions, etc. If that is in auto, your want to have recirculation air is futile.

Now, another thing is you have the main HVAC with defrost vents selected in any way, that will switch the recirculation/fresh air sometimes.

So how do you run your HVAC? Send a picture of the HVAC screen on the main display and the panel with the physical buttons

There's also an HVAC efficiency setting, which can be set via a Lexus/Toyota dealer or with certain OBd dongles. You can look in your owners manual (or get a TIS account and download one) and see what I'm talking about. It's in the back, around OGS 600-700. Maybe 73x.
Im2bz2p345 (12-21-22)
Old 12-21-22, 04:44 PM
bladest
Instructor

There are two auto modes. One for recirculation/fresh air. The other auto (which is a lighted button) that automatically adjusts fan speeds, damper positions, etc. If that is in auto, your want to have recirculation air is futile.

Now, another thing is you have the main HVAC with defrost vents selected in any way, that will switch the recirculation/fresh air sometimes.

So how do you run your HVAC? Send a picture of the HVAC screen on the main display and the panel with the physical buttons

There's also an HVAC efficiency setting, which can be set via a Lexus/Toyota dealer or with certain OBd dongles. You can look in your owners manual (or get a TIS account and download one) and see what I'm talking about. It's in the back, around OGS 600-700. Maybe 73x.
Hello, european lexus gs450h
have this AC efficiency mode, what does it mean / and does should i turn it off ? what does it do please explain i will provide some pictures when i see car in a few days time...
i have smog sensor levels and also this efficiency settings, may be they are playing with the car settings?

I have this in vehicle settings > ac/ but i am not sure what it does i can turn it off i think.

If i set mine to inside air it changes all the time.... after few mins which is quite bad due to bad diesel cars here and extreme smog i live...

In Bulgaria air quality is really extremely bad....
we are first
in top 3 all the time..

Last edited by bladest; 12-21-22 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-21-22, 04:50 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Yeah I'd turn off all the efficiency stuff. Check into the OBD donlge (Google carista app and dongle package) so you can mess with other stuff
Old 12-21-22, 04:52 PM
bladest
Instructor

Yeah I'd turn off all the efficiency stuff. Check into the OBD donlge (Google carista app and dongle package) so you can mess with other stuff
I dont have any dongle attached to my car currently.
but i can call person with toyota tech stream genuine mangoose cable, can you tell me what setting and stuff needs to be checked or done with toyota tech stream genuine latest version ?

What exactly needs to be done or turned on or off from the tech stream?

Efficiency i can turn off from car settings .
Old 12-21-22, 05:36 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bladest
I dont have any dongle attached to my car currently.
but i can call person with toyota tech stream genuine mangoose cable, can you tell me what setting and stuff needs to be checked or done with toyota tech stream genuine latest version ?

What exactly needs to be done or turned on or off from the tech stream?

Efficiency i can turn off from car settings .
I haven't done it via tech stream, but via the dongle and app.

Hook up the Techstream, connect, there is a customization page. Just click around, I'm sure the two of ya'll can find it. Look at your owner's manual and click around.
Old 12-21-22, 06:07 PM
Gerf
Racer

Received 789 Likes on 587 Posts

First of all I think someone died in your car and you have a poltergeist, that would explain all the problems you're having.

You could remove the smog sensor and clean the filter if it's plugged up with whatever, it's held on by one bolt on the upper rad support and comes apart easily. I believe that if it senses too much dirt/dust or other pollution it switches the fresh/recirc to inside air. Running recirculated air in winter temps will cause all your windows to fog up though.
Im2bz2p345 (12-21-22)
Old 12-21-22, 07:58 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gerf
Running recirculated air in winter temps will cause all your windows to fog up though.
Not if you run your AC at the same time to dehumidify.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mangsailor:
gaki (12-23-22), Im2bz2p345 (12-21-22)

Quick Reply: How to Stop Climate control from switching inside and outside air all the time.... ?