GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hvac /aircon system, clogged doesnt with big particle...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-23, 05:48 AM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Hvac /aircon system, clogged doesnt with big particle...

Hello today i have cleaned my car, and unfortunately big particle double tape or some sort of rubber particle fallen into the first air vent of my car .

so 2nd picture rubber/ particle both sides is having tape , fallen into my air vents, i checked my air filter its not there any suggestions are welcomed.
What i can do i cant dissamble whole dashboard.

Old 01-18-23, 06:41 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
What i can do i cant dissamble whole dashboard.
Sell the car.
The following 4 users liked this post by MX73:
Im2bz2p345 (01-18-23), initial (01-22-23), Mangsailor (01-19-23), NJLEXES (01-18-23)
Old 01-18-23, 07:23 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by MX73
Sell the car.
i try to do that for over a year.

but due to lack of interest i own and i use the car , when weather is good.
so lets stick to my issue how i can fix it? Is this plastic vents removable separately from dash?
Can i use vacuum cleaner to somehow get rubber part with double sided tape back? Or any other suggestions.
Old 01-18-23, 06:06 PM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 135 Posts

Either I am going blind, or your pictures do not show me anything. But if you have something in the vents and can see it, take some tweezers, needle nose pliers, order some Chinese food and use the chop sticks, maybe some popsicle sticks, and just pull it out. Maybe a shop vac as well. Really shouldn’t be that hard to get something out of the vent. Or if you ask Peasodos nicely, he can tell you how to take apart anything on the vehicle as he has done it many times. Good Luck.
Old 01-18-23, 08:16 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 474 Likes on 296 Posts

Problem solving really isn't a strong suit of yours is it?

I can't even see what I'm supposed to be looking at based on your picture. However, if you lost a small piece of something in the vent, then you obviously need something that's small enough to fit in there and extract it. Maybe start at looking at tweezers or even 4-claw grabbers. Heck if it's tape why not just turn the vent on full blast and see if it blasts out or at least moves the debris to a position where you could maybe get it.

Vacuum cleaner is a great idea that you came up with yourself. Did you happen to try it before posting this thread? If not, why didn't you? C'mon man....

Last edited by dezymond; 01-18-23 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-19-23, 05:58 AM
Nalod
Advanced

Received 314 Likes on 196 Posts

Is it something that is needed?
Is it making noise?
If not, can you forget it? It likely won’t hurt the car as its likely not going to go back to the motor.
I recently dropped a screw I needed that went down a drain in the bathroom. I went to Home Depot and got a think that can reach down and grab something and pull it out. Thing is about 2 feet long. Maybe try that.
Old 01-19-23, 09:34 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nalod
Is it something that is needed?
Is it making noise?
If not, can you forget it? It likely won’t hurt the car as its likely not going to go back to the motor.
I recently dropped a screw I needed that went down a drain in the bathroom. I went to Home Depot and got a think that can reach down and grab something and pull it out. Thing is about 2 feet long. Maybe try that.
i am afraid that fan or other hvac part of the system can get clogged or blocked,
so i can miss air to my front window for example...
the part i have dropped is made from rubber and have double tape front and botton,
magnets wont work on that unfortunately... i will try to vacuum clean this but not sure if it will work either...
i tried motor to blow air into the window but it doesnt move...

Heck if it's tape why not just turn the vent on full blast and see if it blasts out or at least moves the debris to a position where you could maybe get it.

Its not a tape its solid rubber piece, it have top and botton tape but mainly its made from rubber, i tried full blast over the window for more than 1 hour nothing...

About vacuum cleaner it have been given to me from friend , where i park the car i got no electricity so i need to order portable vacuum cleaner in order to try that it can take weeks.

I dont see the item into the vents and i already tried with pair of tweezers,
if item was visible i will be able to extract it probably...

As you known Peasodos doesnt like me much.
If he can help it will be great i am not sure if these plastic vents i can dissambly easily?
Old 01-19-23, 10:05 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

The paranoia with this guy is on another level. I don’t see anything in those pics. And if anything did fall in there it doesn’t matter windshield defroster vents.
The following 3 users liked this post by peasodos:
bloodbean (01-23-23), Lwerewolf (01-22-23), mjo13 (01-19-23)
Old 01-19-23, 10:11 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
The paranoia with this guy is on another level. I don’t see anything in those pics. And if anything did fall in there it doesn’t matter windshield defroster vents.
Is it easy to remove these plastic vents,
so i can remove the trapped rubber part ?
or the whole dashboard need take a part? i am not in a paranoia

i have found better picture from i-net, so thats my car phone holder, and i have marked with red arrow part of it which fallen inside vents of the car...
i hope its clear now.
Old 01-19-23, 10:32 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Is it easy to remove these plastic vents,
so i can remove the trapped rubber part ?
or the whole dashboard need take a part? i am not in a paranoia

i have found better picture from i-net, so thats my car phone holder, and i have marked with red arrow part of it which fallen inside vents of the car...
i hope its clear now.
Yeah that getting stuck in your defroster vent isn't going to do anything, forget about it and move on. It's not going to clog anything, you're over reacting to trivial things.

Last edited by peasodos; 01-19-23 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-19-23, 10:37 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yeah that getting stuck in your defroster vent isn't going to do anything, forget about it and move on.
Ok i will listen to you! I will leave it like that hopefully it wont make me future harm.
Are defroster vents separate from the other part of the air conditioner system? Are they also easily removable.
Old 01-21-23, 05:27 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

Ok i will listen to you! I will leave it like that hopefully it wont make me future harm.
Are defroster vents separate from the other part of the air conditioner system? Are they also easily removable.
Focus on getting your suspension and various other issues sorted first. Don't worry about it until your village mechanic forgets he doesn't want to do business with you and starts taking your calls!
The following users liked this post:
jgscott (01-21-23)
Old 01-21-23, 09:19 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

dont worry it will rust out in the vent. =)
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (01-25-23)
Old 01-22-23, 02:51 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cwang
Focus on getting your suspension and various other issues sorted first. Don't worry about it until your village mechanic forgets he doesn't want to do business with you and starts taking your calls!
Unfortunately my mechanic this year is kinda sick, not sure if he is sick of me or for some other reason so i am still stuck with my car in the parking bay/lot.
Old 01-22-23, 04:49 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Unfortunately my mechanic this year is kinda sick, not sure if he is sick of me or for some other reason so i am still stuck with my car in the parking bay/lot.
i think hes sick of u since we sick of u too, im not trying to bash u. but seriously every time i come to this forum i always see you post like different issue with ur car. A lot of people already tell u to get rid of ur car since its have so much issue but you dont listen to them and now u post some other issue that i dont know wat to tell u since i dont know whats wrong with it in the pic.

Quick Reply: Hvac /aircon system, clogged doesnt with big particle...