GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

how much crap do you guys get for owning a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-13, 04:34 PM
stick22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much crap do you guys get for owning a Lexus?

Ok so this is just me venting a bit here but I really do get tired of it. People say "how come you just didn't get a BMW/Mercedes/etc" all the time. It's absurd. Honestly it shouldn't matter what I got. If I'm happy with it and its my money why the ***** should they care?
Old 01-16-13, 04:49 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the most annoying thing is when people say, you paid 60k for a toyota.

the E350 is way too boring, and i've alway been a bmw fan, but it was love at first sight with the gs350 f-sport and i had to have it.
Old 01-16-13, 04:56 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I paid $60k for a Toyota and ...?
Old 01-16-13, 04:57 PM
ialexxx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by modthispny
the most annoying thing is when people say, you paid 60k for a toyota.

the E350 is way too boring, and i've alway been a bmw fan, but it was love at first sight with the gs350 f-sport and i had to have it.
lol i get this with the toyota crap all the time, but after a while its whatever cause I just phase that crap out
Old 01-16-13, 04:58 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

toyotas make a damn good 60k car lol.

as they get into their kia.
Old 01-16-13, 05:00 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Tell them you bought it because you have brain and your time is too valuable to spend at the service center. One BMW owner actually said to me "smart people buy Lexus." Seriously though who cares about what others think. If you know you made the right decision, that's all that matters.
Old 01-16-13, 05:02 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Completely agree as a matter of fact I just heard that today when I told my friend I special ordered a gs, he asked why not get a mercedes or bmw. Ive driven the e class and ive tried to like mercedes i just cant do it, I cant get over the fact that a luxary car compamy puts pleather in their cars (not to mention it drives like crap and has no power). BMW/Mercedes always get killed on their reviews BMW 7 series just got voted top ten worst cars.
Old 01-16-13, 05:27 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusVet
Completely agree as a matter of fact I just heard that today when I told my friend I special ordered a gs, he asked why not get a mercedes or bmw. Ive driven the e class and ive tried to like mercedes i just cant do it, I cant get over the fact that a luxary car compamy puts pleather in their cars (not to mention it drives like crap and has no power). BMW/Mercedes always get killed on their reviews BMW 7 series just got voted top ten worst cars.
Pure envy, Lexus makes the most reliable and most sport oriented cars now, and I have owned or leased every premiere marque in the recent past.
Old 01-16-13, 05:28 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I got it all the time from my uncles who swear by Mercedes; that is until I let them taking it around the block. Safe to say I converted them lol.
Old 01-16-13, 05:29 PM
mush
Pole Position

coworker said i should return my GS and get the new corvette yesterday
Old 01-16-13, 05:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by stick22
Ok so this is just me venting a bit here but I really do get tired of it. People say "how come you just didn't get a BMW/Mercedes/etc" all the time. It's absurd. Honestly it shouldn't matter what I got. If I'm happy with it and its my money why the ***** should they care?
it's called hateration... we all know this time around that the 2013 GS is at the top of the totem pole... outclasses the BMW, MB, AUDI, INFINITI, etc. when they **** you off just smile and say to yourself "if they only knew". the funny thing is we know what they have but they don't know what we have because to them Lexus GS doesn't have the "it" factor... most don't bother to research and test drive, as long as they see that BM, MB, AU, badge... they assume it's a good car " it's a BMW, it"s a MB" ...nah dumbass, it's a LEXUS this time. don't let it bother you.
Old 01-16-13, 06:07 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
toyotas make a damn good 60k car lol.

as they get into their kia.
Thanks for the laugh...
Old 01-16-13, 06:13 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Just like Syd says do not let it bother u and also like Bnlexus said smart ppl get Lexus , every corner u turn u see a BMW or MB but how often u see a GS , and when u see one , u say what a nice car .so all u haters out there go and talk **** becuase u can't own one.
Old 01-16-13, 06:32 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Tell them you bought it because you have brain and your time is too valuable to spend at the service center. One BMW owner actually said to me "smart people buy Lexus." Seriously though who cares about what others think. If you know you made the right decision, that's all that matters.
+1 You took the words right out of my mouth.
I ignore these comments like my friend who always says your driving a Toyota my return comment your driving a Honda ( he has an Acura RL) Honestly all joking aside this new GS or even all the new Lexus models blow the old Lexus interiors out of the park, this thing has so much attention to detail it can't be compared to a Toyota. It's a luxury brand and its reliable, I have had more trips to the BMW dealer vs my Lexus dealer.

Last edited by bigblack06; 01-16-13 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-16-13, 06:38 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To me it's an upscale Toyota... and I like it. Always liked Toyotas

I want an LFA Toyota!

Quick Reply: how much crap do you guys get for owning a Lexus?