GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Little brother broke rear ac vent...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-15, 10:15 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Little brother broke rear ac vent...

He was helping me clean the car and he bumped into it pretty hard or something. I didn't notice it until later.

Does anyone know if you can just buy that specific part? The adjustment fin for the vents. Or would I have to go to the dealership and buy a whole new assembly..?

Thanks

Old 11-01-15, 12:17 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

The console outlet assembly is one unit. The part is #22 in the parts diagram below. The Lexus part number is 5886030060C0

The retail price is $123.88, but you could probably buy it for closer to $100.00. Hope that helps...

Old 11-01-15, 12:46 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
The console outlet assembly is one unit. The part is #22 in the parts diagram below. The Lexus part number is 5886030060C0

The retail price is $123.88, but you could probably buy it for closer to $100.00. Hope that helps...

Thank you that was what I was looking for. Ugh figured that it would be around that price.
Old 11-02-15, 06:52 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

I thought they snapped in to the fins might want to check that, other than yeah that would be the route.
Old 11-02-15, 08:28 AM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
He was helping me clean the car and he bumped into it pretty hard or something. I didn't notice it until later.

Does anyone know if you can just buy that specific part? The adjustment fin for the vents. Or would I have to go to the dealership and buy a whole new assembly..?

Thanks

This happened to my last GS too and I was able to pull the clip out with some tweezers and reattach it.
Old 11-02-15, 08:40 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Originally Posted by pqn628
This happened to my last GS too and I was able to pull the clip out with some tweezers and reattach it.
It looks like the broken-off part may be laying on the inside, between the horizontal louvers and the vertical fins, at the bottom on the right-hand side.

Apparently this part is just pressed-on to the small connector located in the center and is made to break-away if hit. That would be good news...and an easy fix. Just don't lose that part because it cannot be ordered separately!
Old 11-02-15, 08:45 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
It looks like the broken-off part may be laying on the inside, between the horizontal louvers and the vertical fins, at the bottom on the right-hand side.

Apparently this part is just pressed-on to the small connector located in the center and is made to break-away if hit. That would be good news...and an easy fix. Just don't lose that part because it cannot be ordered separately!
Originally Posted by bigblack06
I thought they snapped in to the fins might want to check that, other than yeah that would be the route.

I took that out and set it on my desk at home before I left to go back to my work apartment, but unfortunately for the other pieces.. I examined it after I found it and the clips that clip the adjustment fin into place are broken .. dumb brother must have hit it pretty hard.. -__-..
Old 12-05-15, 09:59 AM
ToddsLex78
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

Did you ever get this fixed by the dealer? I got the same problem right now and was wondering what they charged for the whole job.
Old 12-07-15, 09:11 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ToddsLex78
Did you ever get this fixed by the dealer? I got the same problem right now and was wondering what they charged for the whole job.

The guy at the dealership that I dealt with was really nice lol. I won't go into too much detail because I don't want to get him in trouble or anything, but just tell the service person that you're assigned with that it fell off on it's own and you didn't notice until going back there one day while cleaning. Either that or make up some excuse and it SHOULD be covered under warranty. The guy was the best lol. He replaced the whole thing and my front brakes AND rotors and keyfob for free.
Old 12-07-15, 11:58 AM
ToddsLex78
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy at the dealership that I dealt with was really nice lol. I won't go into too much detail because I don't want to get him in trouble or anything, but just tell the service person that you're assigned with that it fell off on it's own and you didn't notice until going back there one day while cleaning. Either that or make up some excuse and it SHOULD be covered under warranty. The guy was the best lol. He replaced the whole thing and my front brakes AND rotors and keyfob for free.
Ok thanks for the suggestion. I don't plan on bringing it up until I'm due for my 30k mile maintenance and that's not coming up until Spring time.
Old 12-07-15, 12:53 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Man, it must have been a hell of a hit for your brother to damage the brakes and key fob too lol.

Your guy at the dealership got your back.