GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013-2015 F-Sport Fog light kit options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 01:40 PM
Slickride
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default GS F-sport fog lights

Anyone in the California Bay Area that wants to work on their installation. I just want to collaborate with someone in the area before. I can help to install if you would do the same for me. I have the '15 GS with built ..188xx. I don't know if my washer reservoir will need to be replaced. Aside from JDM, are there other options. How is the quality of the JDM. Spec D, I read may require modifications to the bumper. When you are writing about using OEM, are you referring to the OEM fog lights for the non-sport and getting the bezel from JDM? I was thinking of piecing it with harness and switches from HID kits (any suggestions)????
Old 07-23-18, 04:11 PM
DugEFresh
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have pics, or can tell me how to get them to fit? I have the bigger tank
Old 07-25-18, 02:14 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Slickride
Anyone in the California Bay Area that wants to work on their installation. I just want to collaborate with someone in the area before. I can help to install if you would do the same for me. I have the '15 GS with built ..188xx. I don't know if my washer reservoir will need to be replaced. Aside from JDM, are there other options. How is the quality of the JDM. Spec D, I read may require modifications to the bumper. When you are writing about using OEM, are you referring to the OEM fog lights for the non-sport and getting the bezel from JDM? I was thinking of piecing it with harness and switches from HID kits (any suggestions)????

By OEM, I am stating that the parts are Toyota/Lexus. I don't think they are from non-F-sport cars since I have never seen a projector fog light on those cars. Only reflector fogs. I have heard these are for the F-sport line but were never sold/optioned in the U.S. Other than my car and 2-3 others I have seen on this board, I don't think I have heard of any one else with these in the U.S. Maybe I am wrong but that is all I have seen.
Old 07-26-18, 08:57 PM
DubbG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a 2013 GS 350 washer res from RI, and it didn't fit at all! Waste of $100! Just use zip ties on current box and save your money on the wrong part.
Old 07-27-18, 12:56 PM
LEP XEP
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DubbG
I ordered a 2013 GS 350 washer res from RI, and it didn't fit at all! Waste of $100! Just use zip ties on current box and save your money on the wrong part.
Can you elaborate on the zip ties? Do you have 2015 GS? If yes, can you confirm if 2015 GS need to swap out to 2013 Res? Thanks.
Old 08-14-18, 09:28 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

can you give details on how you zip tied the current box to make the fog lights fit???
Old 08-19-18, 07:36 PM
DubbG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there are bolts holding the washer box in place. There is enough space to put a washer in to push the box back, as you only need the bottom portion of the box to go in towards driver seat. If you get it .5" you should be clear and good. As for the zip tie, I believe the zip tie goes in bottom bolt area. It was a complete pain and I wouldn't do it again!
Old 08-19-18, 10:33 PM
veez81
Intermediate

I believe there are bolts holding the washer box in place. There is enough space to put a washer in to push the box back, as you only need the bottom portion of the box to go in towards driver seat. If you get it .5" you should be clear and good. As for the zip tie, I believe the zip tie goes in bottom bolt area. It was a complete pain and I wouldn't do it again!
Thanks for the response! I’m going to take my bumper off and see what I can do
Old 09-09-18, 12:44 PM
veez81
Intermediate

so, update. i have a late model 2015 GS350 (October) with the larger washer fluid reservoir. i was able to install LED fog lights WITHOUT buying the smaller reservoir from the 2013-early 2015 models. i followed what DubbG did. this required me taking off the front bumper. the reservoir is held on by two 10mm bolts -- one toward the fender liner and one facing forward. i took both bolts off and rotated and nudged the reservoir down and back, and held it in place by shoving a screw in between the frame support and the front bolt hole on the reservoir. i then reattached the back bolt as securely as possible. i shook around and pulled on the reservoir and would it not budge, so it seems to be secure. sorry if this doesn't make total sense, but if you take off the front bumper, hopefully you'll be able to figure out what i mean. unfortunately, i forgot to take pictures. feel free to PM me if anyone has any questions.

another thing i found necessary was to buy the morimoto LEDs from The Retrofit Source (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/lexus-morimoto-xb-led.html). these fog assemblies are smaller than the OEM ones so it really made things a lot easier to fit. it's not night time yet so i cant see how they look, but the videos and reviews on them are all outstanding.

finally, i tapped the headlight 24 pin harness parking light (green wire) and ran the trigger to the cabin. i found this a lot easier than tapping the wire inside the car.
Old 12-17-18, 03:05 PM
gsavaneli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, i have a issue finding a correct reservoir. I already bought six OEM reservoirs from 2014 and 2015 models and all of them are too big. Would you please tell me part number of the one i need please. I don't know what to do at this point. Thank You!
Old 12-20-18, 03:02 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

No such thing as "plug and play" foglights but I installed the Nigel iJDM fogs and not only built solid but look great. I am in the process of installing and upgrading my factory HID from 4300k to 6000k to match the fogs. I will also eventually add the OEM fog stalk as I am currently have it wired with the supplied switch.

Old 12-20-18, 03:27 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
No such thing as "plug and play" foglights but I installed the Nigel iJDM fogs and not only built solid but look great. I am in the process of installing and upgrading my factory HID from 4300k to 6000k to match the fogs. I will also eventually add the OEM fog stalk as I am currently have it wired with the supplied switch.
+1 on the OEM stalk, looks ghetto with the aftermarket button
Old 12-23-18, 12:42 AM
rimrattler
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HontoKuro

Super clean setup. And I def love the housing and how clean it looks. Does it bother anyone else that from the angle of the picture above, you see that half circle outline shine so clearly on the ground? I realize when you're in the driver's seat you don't see it, but from the side, I can't stop staring at that.

sidebar, is upgrading to the 6000k a matter of swapping bulbs? I'm sure a lot of us are interested in how your OEM fog stalk install goes; please share =)
Old 12-23-18, 05:16 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by rimrattler
Does it bother anyone else that from the angle of the picture above, you see that half circle outline shine so clearly on the ground?
I'd love foggies on mine (my first car without them) but from that angle those don't appear to be capable of cutting under fog.
Old 12-23-18, 12:15 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cwang
I'd love foggies on mine (my first car without them) but from that angle those don't appear to be capable of cutting under fog.
the morimoto ones I installed can be adjusted up and down so that you can properly aim them

Quick Reply: 2013-2015 F-Sport Fog light kit options?