GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Interior trim replacement options

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-23, 01:55 PM
Geese
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior trim replacement options

Hey guys. My 2016 is starting to get the CF trim separating in the center and the drivers side. Dealership won't replace it. I can't stand seeing the bubbled trim.
So what are the options for us in this position? Can we do wood inserts from another model? Does someone make interior trim options?
Old 03-04-23, 04:33 PM
JAYGS4NYC
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

There's a thread here with info on how to refinish. That said, keep fighting with Lexus corporate and your dealer!
Old 03-05-23, 05:49 AM
EvilHardee
Driver

Received 69 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Geese
Hey guys. My 2016 is starting to get the CF trim separating in the center and the drivers side. Dealership won't replace it. I can't stand seeing the bubbled trim.
So what are the options for us in this position? Can we do wood inserts from another model? Does someone make interior trim options?
I am not sure, but I noticed a GS F on Autotrader that seems to have had the pieces either replaced or wrapped somehow. I'm not sure if these were one of the options from the 350:

Also the stitching is weird.

Ad
Old 03-06-23, 12:51 AM
ludecrashr
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I got mine redone with red carbon fiber to match the interior. Got tired of seeing the horrible peeling from the stocks. Dealership wouldn’t do crap.

The following 2 users liked this post by ludecrashr:
bigblack06 (07-30-23), nigel821 (07-08-23)
Old 03-06-23, 10:33 AM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

what kind of a place does the carbon fiber replacement like that?
Old 03-06-23, 02:10 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFSport
I would highly recommend contacting Elvin Wong on facebook or IG.
Old 03-06-23, 03:21 PM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

I've always thought of Elvin as someone who sells CF trim pieces. I assumed by "having it redone" he meant a local place, like a body shop or some other type of craftsman, who would do the work in house.
Old 03-06-23, 04:03 PM
ludecrashr
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFSport
I took off the interior trim to the entire car and sent them to CF DNA on Instagram. He’s located in Bay Area, CA. Took him a few weeks to get it back to me. Very happy with the work.
Old 03-07-23, 05:12 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ludecrashr
I took off the interior trim to the entire car and sent them to CF DNA on Instagram. He’s located in Bay Area, CA. Took him a few weeks to get it back to me. Very happy with the work.
I have also had some work done by this individual. Without getting to deep in the details, I don't think I would do business with him again. I know that Aim_Gain_GSF on IG feels the same way. He has had parts sitting at this shop for months waiting to be completed and I am still waiting for a project that he promised would be finished in September last year.
The following users liked this post:
shenry500 (05-05-23)
Old 03-09-23, 08:50 PM
Ghicks99
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My last 2016 was starting to separate as well. I just purchased another and the dealer replaced them b4 selling the car which worked out in my favor. But honestly, its easy to resurface and epoxy over the part. You can even carbon skin existing parts, like what Elvin Wong does, fairly cheap. I did my own headrest inserts and im currently skinning a whole front bumper. There's options out there
The following users liked this post:
SolidG1 (03-10-23)
Old 03-09-23, 08:53 PM
Ghicks99
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, im not sure what they did with that car, but its been sitting for a while. I believe it has a bad title as well. Looks like someone didn't wanna replace the interior parts with carbon due to the cost of new panels and went the cheap route

Last edited by Ghicks99; 03-09-23 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-11-23, 09:27 AM
Geese
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You did the complete interior. If you don't mind me asking how much total cost?
Old 03-13-23, 07:09 PM
lojackfty
Intermediate

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

The stuff i have purchased from Elvin Wong eventually bubbles if you live in a area that has high heat. His stuff looks cool, but if you live in So-Cal, Arizona, Texas and other places that have extreme heat, expect to see pockets that look like blisters.
Old 03-14-23, 01:39 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

I honestly think it's a US quality issue, our cars do not bubble. And our ambient temperatures are above 100F 9 months a year. ( July to Sep being 120F )
Old 04-25-23, 01:44 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by lojackfty
The stuff i have purchased from Elvin Wong eventually bubbles if you live in a area that has high heat. His stuff looks cool, but if you live in So-Cal, Arizona, Texas and other places that have extreme heat, expect to see pockets that look like blisters.
oh wow, I haven't read this before... and for what he charges this isn't acceptable. But............ at the same time I feel like he's getting/making his stuff in probably one of the same factories as all the other people who get their CF done/airbag covers/same parts you see peddled on IG..etc. Have you brought it up to Elvin to see what he might do? I would hope he would stand behind his stuff... but if he doesn't then it just reassures me it's coming from some factory where they are turning stuff out as fast as possible.

-Nigel

Quick Reply: Interior trim replacement options