GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Shade deviation in White on GSF

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-23, 01:34 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts
Default Shade deviation in White on GSF

I think it's a common phenomenon with Toyota/Lexus paint shades. The plastic parts on my car like the front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper including the side vents are slightly more yellowish than the rest of the car. I brought that to the attention of the dealer and he gave me the above explanation and showed me their other Lexus and Toyota models in the showroom that had the same phenomenon.

I have given my car to my my friend's paint shop as he's done other cars like this and he can match the plastic shades to the rest of the car perfectly.
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this issue? I am guessing our white is the same as the US cars? Pearly kind of white.

My car's color here regionally is know as White Nova Glass Flake, which seems to be the color that has this problem.

https://lexus.com.bh/gsf/?car-details-items=colors

Old 09-24-23, 02:34 AM
ecocleanse104
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
I think it's a common phenomenon with Toyota/Lexus paint shades. The plastic parts on my car like the front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper including the side vents are slightly more yellowish than the rest of the car. I brought that to the attention of the dealer and he gave me the above explanation and showed me their other Lexus and Toyota models in the showroom that had the same phenomenon.

I have given my car to my my friend's paint shop as he's done other cars like this and he can match the plastic shades to the rest of the car perfectly.
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this issue? I am guessing our white is the same as the US cars? Pearly kind of white.

My car's color here regionally is know as White Nova Glass Flake, which seems to be the color that has this problem.

https://lexus.com.bh/gsf/?car-details-items=colors
Certainly, as a Car Mobile Detailing service, you can provide a response to a customer who has noticed a color mismatch issue with their Toyota/Lexus vehicle, particularly with plastic parts. Here's a concise response:

"It's not uncommon to observe slight color variations, especially in white pearl or metallic paint shades, between the vehicle's body and plastic parts. This phenomenon can occur due to differences in material composition and the way each surface reflects light. It's reassuring to know that your friend's paint shop can address this issue by matching the shades to perfection. While this issue may be noticeable in some vehicles, it's often not a cause for concern and can be effectively corrected by a professional paint shop. We're here to ensure the overall appearance of your vehicle is top-notch during our Car detailing service."

Last edited by ecocleanse104; 09-27-23 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-25-23, 07:00 PM
GSFhopeful
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a Molten Pearl GSF and the difference between the body and the rear bumper is definitely noticeable. The front and sides are pretty close, but the rear bumper is definitely less shiny than the rest of the car and the color is ever so slightly off. It is more noticeable right after a wash but once some dirt gets on there, it's not as obvious.

I also noticed another Molten Pearl for sale shortly after I got mine that had the same slight difference in the rear, but not as much for the rest of the car.