GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

New BeatSonic CarPlay Install is a Game Changer

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-24 | 11:16 AM
Fis4Forty
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gsf2016
Thank you!

Can you connect directly to the factory USB to play audio at full quality while using CarPlay? I really dislike how in their installation video they have a separate USB sticking out of the dash.
Yes you can use the USB in the center console. But, I only have used this once to test out how it works so it is not something I have used at length. What I noticed was when plugging into the factory USB, the audio does pause for about one second then resumes. It is not as completely seamless as plugging/unplugging into the CarPlay USB which has zero effect or pause on the audio. With CarPlay it seamlessly toggles between wired/wireless so there is no interruption in audio or display. FWIW, I ran my CarPlay USB into the glove box so with my setup I will either plug the phone in and run wired with phone in the glove box or run wireless with phone in center console if I don’t need to charge. Also, I asked Eric at BeatSonic about this and you can run the wire into the center console but will take some slight modifications to your vehicle.

Last edited by Fis4Forty; 08-13-24 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-13-24 | 11:19 AM
Fis4Forty
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ludecrashr
No you cannot, but you don’t have to put that USB on the dash, I have mines hidden, and whenever I want to use it I just pull it out from the side.
This is not accurate for the updated version of the BeatSonic CarPlay system which has wireless capabilities. I am guessing you may have the old wired-only version. Mine is the new wireless version and it does work fine when plugging into the factory USB. (Maybe it plugs into the factory USB for charging purposes but is connected to the CarPlay wirelessly which is why it continues to work for the new version)

Here is a link and product number of the updated wireless version for reference:
LGVIF-CB2W
https://www.beatsonicusa.com/lexusca...droidauto.html

Last edited by Fis4Forty; 08-13-24 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-10-24 | 04:06 PM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

I have a Grom Vline in my GSF that I removed from my '13 LS 460 before selling earlier this year.

Grom Vs Beatsonic is pretty much tic for tac.

For anyone who hasn't driven a car w/ Carplay/Android auto, and is on the fence whether to buy one, GET IT!
Old 09-13-24 | 04:30 AM
truonghthe
Rookie

Beat Sonic USB port use for wired carplay/ update module or charging your phone. If you are not planning on using the port then just tuck it away. Now Grom vs Beat Sonic

Personally, I saw 2 GSF with Grom V2 and it glitching like no other. One will have the car running and the navi screen have ghost screen whenever last video played. The other it was so bad when in reverse the backup camera never came up. Both of the owner advised me to get anything else BUT Grom. That how I end up with Beat Sonic.
Old 09-13-24 | 05:16 AM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by truonghthe
Beat Sonic USB port use for wired carplay/ update module or charging your phone. If you are not planning on using the port then just tuck it away. Now Grom vs Beat Sonic

Personally, I saw 2 GSF with Grom V2 and it glitching like no other. One will have the car running and the navi screen have ghost screen whenever last video played. The other it was so bad when in reverse the backup camera never came up. Both of the owner advised me to get anything else BUT Grom. That how I end up with Beat Sonic.
agree with this post, but it’s not as bad as a it was. The updates seems to have fixed those bugs.

occasionally I’ll get a purple screen & unit will reset itself, usually on a hard bump on the road.
The following users liked this post:
truonghthe (09-13-24)