GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

19x10 Used OEM Rear Wheel Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-24, 09:48 PM
Fis4Forty
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 19x10 Used OEM Rear Wheel Cost?

I have been kicking around the idea of purchasing one rear wheel to keep as a “spare” in storage. Many threads on solutions for this and I am not sold on the need for a spare as attentive driving likely doesn’t lead to a “blow out” situation however, being able to sporadically make a road trip from AZ to LA with a spare is potentially appealing to me.

My question is, has anyone bought wheels (or a wheel) used from a parted out GSF at a junkyard? Found a few junkyard sites with GSF rear wheels but when I called, they were sold and couldn’t tell me any price information. Found one on eBay for around $700 (which seems like a great deal) but curious if the junkyard route is a much better cost effective option. Not an immediate need but if I could get a wheel for cheap then I would probably jump on it and throw one of my current tires on there around time to replace my set. Any feedback welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-24, 04:34 AM
truonghthe
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

wow I am surprise you can find GSF part at junk yard lol, majority of them got send to auction and sell as whole car for rebuilt (unless one mangled so bad). Now with the spare wheel part, are you gona buy just the rear wheel? what about the front tires got blow out?

I am all for "rather have it as insurance and hope not to use it" but since our car came with stagger set up.
Old 08-30-24, 08:05 AM
Fis4Forty
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by truonghthe
wow I am surprise you can find GSF part at junk yard lol, majority of them got send to auction and sell as whole car for rebuilt (unless one mangled so bad). Now with the spare wheel part, are you gona buy just the rear wheel? what about the front tires got blow out?

I am all for "rather have it as insurance and hope not to use it" but since our car came with stagger set up.
You are right I did see more that were full cars being sold at auction. Got lucky with one place but unlucky also since they had already sold the wheel. This is the place: https://www.benzeenautoparts.com/

From everything I’ve read the rears will fit fine on the front. So if I only buy the rear then it can be a temporary spare for either a front or rear tire blowout.

Old 08-30-24, 01:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,364 Posts

RCF wheels also fit the GSF. Different styling but same specs. I recently replaced all the wheels on my LC (due to an unsalvageable wheel). I kept one of my old front wheels as a spare. It resides in my garage.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...heel&_osacat=0

Lou
Old 08-30-24, 08:57 PM
Fis4Forty
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by flowrider
RCF wheels also fit the GSF. Different styling but same specs. I recently replaced all the wheels on my LC (due to an unsalvageable wheel). I kept one of my old front wheels as a spare. It resides in my garage.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...heel&_osacat=0

Lou
Thanks Lou, good to hear that and can expand the search with that intel.