GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-15, 12:56 PM
lokies
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

85k..eehhhhh...i'll wait it out another year or two and see what they are then..not in a rush to buy but that price point is not what i was expecting. I didn't want to believe it until it was official.
Old 10-19-15, 02:50 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate that lexus confused the masses with the f-sport crap.

Is that an f sport....no its not.....damn u
Worst product marketing in Japan. Or anywhere. Somebody (or several somebody) should have been fired over the F Sport/F debacle.
Old 10-19-15, 03:05 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PM
Worst product marketing in Japan. Or anywhere. Somebody (or several somebody) should have been fired over the F Sport/F debacle.
Doesn't BMW do the same thing with M? As in having both an M4 and the 435i with an M Sport package? I think Mercedes does the same thing too with their AMG cars and AMG packages (I could be wrong though).
Old 10-19-15, 03:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PM
bad enough to help sales to the point that bmw is following. don't get me wrong, i hate it too, kind of sad how marketing and public perception work
Old 10-19-15, 03:17 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PM
whoever designed the interior should also be fired. worse looking interior egonomics ive ever seen.
i never thought i would say this, but bmw seems to be a better choice despite lack of reliablity at this point. Lexus needs to go back to drawing board. BIG BIG disappointment from timing of release to styling and price.
Old 10-19-15, 03:18 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Umm, the CTS-V starts at $84K...no idea where C&D got $70K
next to consumer reports, no trust in c and d as well... paid pumpers.

suprised they didnt throw in m3 comparison which will blow this away, but then again, segments are not well defined at this point. where is the dodge charger hellcat for example?
Old 10-19-15, 03:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JDR76
Doesn't BMW do the same thing with M? As in having both an M4 and the 435i with an M Sport package? I think Mercedes does the same thing too with their AMG cars and AMG packages (I could be wrong though).
i think the badge is the most confusing part. bmw had m sport for a long time but there was no special badge. same with mb, there were amg appearance or sport package but no amg badge (any amg badge you see out there on non-amg cars are not from factory).

but lexus came out with fsport and a badge and to "untrained" eyes seem to be the F badge. for sure isf owners aren't happy about it. but next thing you know, bmw now has regular non-m cars with the actual M badge.

sigh...
Old 10-19-15, 03:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by T4Fun
whoever designed the interior should also be fired. worse looking interior egonomics ive ever seen.
i never thought i would say this, but bmw seems to be a better choice despite lack of reliablity at this point. Lexus needs to go back to drawing board. BIG BIG disappointment from timing of release to styling and price.
out of curiosity, what do you see on ergonomics? specific on the gsf? or across gs lineup in general?
Old 10-19-15, 03:26 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Thanks for the clarification, rominl. I get what you're saying, though I'll admit I've been confused by the AMG wheels before.
Old 10-19-15, 03:27 PM
5PM
Driver

Doesn't BMW do the same thing with M?
Good point, but you also have to consider that BMW has been deeply engaged in the enthusiast market for decades, while it's a relatively new thing at Lexus. BMW weenies (like me) are not going to get confused. Typical Lexus buyers are a different matter.
Old 10-19-15, 03:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

It's simple. Those sport badges sells cars. People who can't afford the fire breathing models will buy the cheaper models because of the badging and sporty designs. Like me.
Old 10-19-15, 05:06 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Stop blaming Lexus for the F/F-Sport confusion. The real blame is on the people who do not know how to read or distinguish 2 badges that are different in size (F-Sport is longer, F is short). The F badge also has a blue outline, which also caught my eye over the F-Sport.

Last edited by RoiteTrom; 10-19-15 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-19-15, 05:18 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think the badge is the most confusing part. bmw had m sport for a long time but there was no special badge. same with mb, there were amg appearance or sport package but no amg badge (any amg badge you see out there on non-amg cars are not from factory).

but lexus came out with fsport and a badge and to "untrained" eyes seem to be the F badge. for sure isf owners aren't happy about it. but next thing you know, bmw now has regular non-m cars with the actual M badge.

sigh...
i'm a car guy, but was never a Lexus fan until 2013 when the 4GS came out. Back in 2011 or 2012, I saw a 2IS with the F badge on its fender and without thinking about it, thought it was an actual F car, until i did a double take on the car as a whole to figure it was just a regular 2IS and not a real F. I didn't know there was an F SPort package at the time since I wasn't a Lexus fan.
Old 10-19-15, 05:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
Stop blaming Lexus for the F/F-Sport confusion. The real blame is on the people who do not know how to read or distinguish 2 badges that are different in size (F-Sport is longer, F is short). The F badge also has a blue outline, which also caught my eye over the F-Sport.
just about how much most people can't tell between a regular 4 series and a m4.

Originally Posted by tea
i'm a car guy, but was never a Lexus fan until 2013 when the 4GS came out. Back in 2011 or 2012, I saw a 2IS with the F badge on its fender and without thinking about it, thought it was an actual F car, until i did a double take on the car as a whole to figure it was just a regular 2IS and not a real F. I didn't know there was an F SPort package at the time since I wasn't a Lexus fan.
yes i think that's around the time frame when lexus started having 2is fsport with badges on the sides and rear. for sure it worked for lexus, i definitely see a lot more fsport than regular models on the road these days
Old 10-19-15, 06:11 PM
5PM
Driver

i'm a car guy, but was never a Lexus fan until 2013 when the 4GS came out.
Although my wife had a used 2010 IS and I was very impressed with the build, there is absolutely zero chance that I would have ever considered a Lexus for myself until the 4GS appeared. So they managed to get the attention of some car guys like me. Question is whether they can hold on to it.

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Product Information & Base Price $85,380 **