GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-16, 06:13 AM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAzz
Yeah i saw that later but the problem is that I bought it in April and didn't know what's going to happened. But i am not worrying about it. I am happy with it. No regrets
damn. Talk about taking it in the keaster for Easter.
Old 09-04-16, 07:36 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Just purchased a new 2016 GS-F with a "Vector" package and 8k off sticker. Had a trade that brought the price way down.
Old 09-04-16, 11:19 PM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Just purchased a new 2016 GS-F with a "Vector" package and 8k off sticker. Had a trade that brought the price way down.
What is the vector package
Old 09-05-16, 04:47 AM
Igor911
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IsfClyde
sounds like a dealer specific package made to drive the MSRP up
Old 09-05-16, 09:42 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Igor911
sounds like a dealer specific package made to drive the MSRP up
Yea true. Wonder what the add ons are
Old 09-05-16, 02:56 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IsfClyde
Y'all are correct. It's a package to drive up MSRP.

It has some additional carbon fiber (wrap) that isn't standard. Between the DRL's and headlamps on the front (almost like eyebrows) and the section on both the right and left side where the F badge is. You can see it in the picture below. I wasn't super crazy about it at first but it has grown on me a bit.

Old 09-05-16, 03:14 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
Y'all are correct. It's a package to drive up MSRP.

It has some additional carbon fiber (wrap) that isn't standard. Between the DRL's and headlamps on the front (almost like eyebrows) and the section on both the right and left side where the F badge is. You can see it in the picture below. I wasn't super crazy about it at first but it has grown on me a bit.

Yeah saw that one in person a month ago. The problem with the sticker near the F logo is the shape. It breaks the curve from the fender flare. If it was shaped to echo that angle, vertically, it would look better, know what I mean?
Old 09-05-16, 03:17 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Yeah saw that one in person a month ago. The problem with the sticker near the F logo is the shape. It breaks the curve from the fender flare. If it was shaped to echo that angle, vertically, it would look better, know what I mean?
Completely. Still up in the air on whether to keep or have it removed. Depends on long term plans for the car.
Old 09-05-16, 05:39 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Price question for new GSF.

I have been thinking about getting a new car to update from my stock 2008 ISF with 82K miles on it and my considerations are all the normal suspect cars consisting of the GTR, Z06 and the GSF (all new).

Here is what they just offered me this past Saturday morning:
- $10K down
- Trade-in my stock never-tracked 2008 ISF (they offered me $27K)
- 3.94% interest
- 72 month loan
- Equates to a $710 monthly payment

I would appreciate anyone's advice and/or opinions on the above and here is where I have the most apprehension/heartburn:
1) Interest rate. I have 1.9% through my credit union but I told Lexus they could have a crack at trying to beat my rate (this was before the 0%'s came out) so why would they try to gouge me so hard here with 3.94% knowing what rate I had access to being I gave them the approval letter?

2) The dealership thinks I am dumber than I look. They have to think I am just an absolute idiot and would not notice the huge loan rate discrepancy. I do not want to believe that one...

Before I get all upset, what do you guys think about these numbers?

​Thanks!
maybe post a msrp and negotiated number will help. Dealers attract uneducated buyers with monthly payment only
Old 09-05-16, 07:28 PM
Badconexun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price question for new GSF.

I have been thinking about getting a new car to update from my stock 2008 ISF with 82K miles on it and my considerations are all the normal suspect cars consisting of the GTR, Z06 and the GSF (all new).

Here is what they just offered me this past Saturday morning:
- $10K down
- Trade-in my stock never-tracked 2008 ISF (they offered me $27K)
- 3.94% interest
- 72 month loan
- Equates to a $710 monthly payment

I would appreciate anyone's advice and/or opinions on the above and here is where I have the most apprehension/heartburn:
1) Interest rate. I have 1.9% through my credit union but I told Lexus they could have a crack at trying to beat my rate (this was before the 0%'s came out) so why would they try to gouge me so hard here with 3.94% knowing what rate I had access to being I gave them the approval letter?

2) The dealership thinks I am dumber than I look. They have to think I am just an absolute idiot and would not notice the huge loan rate discrepancy. I do not want to believe that one...

Before I get all upset, what do you guys think about these numbers?

​Thanks!
1. Take your car to Carmax and get an appraisal.
2. Negotiate the sales price of the GSF, don't worry about the trade.
3. Once you get to a sale price you're comfortable with (I'm thinking $10k off sticker is a no brainer), then introduce the trade and don't let them know your Carmax price until they give you a trade in value.
4. Use your credit union for finance unless they meet or beat your 1.9% rate.

These cars are not selling well. Dealers will negotiate with you. Try doing all this with an Internet manager (several dealerships), the process will go much quicker and you'll likely get a better deal.
Old 09-05-16, 09:32 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Interest for new cars should be 1.9 from just about anywhere. That deal is near 4%, get financing elsewhere. Also negotiate the price, 8k is on the hood for leases, sales should be close to the same.

Like others have said, Lexus is cutting dealers slack on MSRP because this car has been a sales flop this year, so you should be cutthroat with the dealership. They should be happy to move it off the lot even if it means they only make a couple grand. Float that deal around to other dealers via their internet sales staff and tell them to beat the offer.
Old 09-06-16, 08:24 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Badconexun
1. Take your car to Carmax and get an appraisal.
2. Negotiate the sales price of the GSF, don't worry about the trade.
3. Once you get to a sale price you're comfortable with (I'm thinking $10k off sticker is a no brainer), then introduce the trade and don't let them know your Carmax price until they give you a trade in value.
4. Use your credit union for finance unless they meet or beat your 1.9% rate.

These cars are not selling well. Dealers will negotiate with you. Try doing all this with an Internet manager (several dealerships), the process will go much quicker and you'll likely get a better deal.
+1. I purchased mine last week and this is exactly what our sales person told us to do if we weren't happy with their trade in appraisal or financing. Good input.
Old 09-06-16, 12:21 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for everyone's input and I have done all those things mentioned and they are all good recommendations.

As also recommended, I have been doing the Internet sales manager thing and pitting them against each other and many do the 'bring us your best deal and we will beat it' thing... and yes I know about a dealership promising you anything just to get you to come in.

Here is a bit more data:
Sticker - $84400
Dealer Discount $9K
Trade-in + Cash $37K (will probably put down more cash but if Lexus is going to absorb the interest on my loan, I will put down the minimum cash).

Now that I have had a little time to look at this thing in a slightly clearer mind (currently heavily under the influence from a knee operation last week) and this so-called deal stinks. I have not incorporated all the taxes or any other hidden fee goodies but if I do some back-of-the-napkin match, I feel there is approximately an $8K gap.

Either way, it stinks so no sale.

Old 09-06-16, 01:36 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Now that I have had a little time to look at this thing in a slightly clearer mind (currently heavily under the influence from a knee operation last week) and this so-called deal stinks. I have not incorporated all the taxes or any other hidden fee goodies but if I do some back-of-the-napkin match, I feel there is approximately an $8K gap.

Lol, that's one thing the docs should warn you about. "These happy pills may make bad decisions seem like good ones, don't make any major purchases without someone helping you".
Old 09-06-16, 07:44 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Thanks for everyone's input and I have done all those things mentioned and they are all good recommendations.

As also recommended, I have been doing the Internet sales manager thing and pitting them against each other and many do the 'bring us your best deal and we will beat it' thing... and yes I know about a dealership promising you anything just to get you to come in.

Here is a bit more data:
Sticker - $84400
Dealer Discount $9K
Trade-in + Cash $37K (will probably put down more cash but if Lexus is going to absorb the interest on my loan, I will put down the minimum cash).

I bet they were trying to screw you knowing you had $37k to put down, your payment would be great already so they're making you focus on that instead of the **** price on the car they're giving.

I'd pass.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)