GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-16, 03:36 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,654 Posts

When I got my 200t, I saw a black GS-F for $799 a month and 5k down. Sometimes I think I shouldve gotten that. haha...
Old 09-11-16, 06:11 AM
poorbong
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dsouth
sold my m4. Coming back to Lexus four door because of my kids.
got 859/mo with 3k down on an 87k car. White on red interior. Picking it up tomorrow.
is this a lease?
Old 09-11-16, 09:07 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by poorbong
is this a lease?
Sounds like a Lease...No way to get Payments that low on financing with 3k down even if you get the car for low 70s.
Old 09-12-16, 05:25 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
When I got my 200t, I saw a black GS-F for $799 a month and 5k down. Sometimes I think I shouldve gotten that. haha...
What dealership was this at?
Old 09-13-16, 01:51 AM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Price question for new GSF.

I have been thinking about getting a new car to update from my stock 2008 ISF with 82K miles on it and my considerations are all the normal suspect cars consisting of the GTR, Z06 and the GSF (all new).

Here is what they just offered me this past Saturday morning:
- $10K down
- Trade-in my stock never-tracked 2008 ISF (they offered me $27K)
- 3.94% interest
- 72 month loan
- Equates to a $710 monthly payment

I would appreciate anyone's advice and/or opinions on the above and here is where I have the most apprehension/heartburn:
1) Interest rate. I have 1.9% through my credit union but I told Lexus they could have a crack at trying to beat my rate (this was before the 0%'s came out) so why would they try to gouge me so hard here with 3.94% knowing what rate I had access to being I gave them the approval letter?

2) The dealership thinks I am dumber than I look. They have to think I am just an absolute idiot and would not notice the huge loan rate discrepancy. I do not want to believe that one...

Before I get all upset, what do you guys think about these numbers?

​Thanks!
this here is a bad deal sir, first of all, never put down that large amount of money on top your trade in that I assume is already paid off. Plus the interest rate is high. Whoever is this dealership, walk away because they are obviously trying to scam you.
Old 09-13-16, 10:37 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bzguy78
this here is a bad deal sir, first of all, never put down that large amount of money on top your trade in that I assume is already paid off. Plus the interest rate is high. Whoever is this dealership, walk away because they are obviously trying to scam you.
Yep horrible deal. In two months they'll be begging you to buy it.
Old 09-13-16, 11:03 AM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's interesting to see that Lexus discontinued the special leasing/financing rates for both GS-F and RC-F while keeping the special rates for all other models after the Golden Opportunity Sales event. Hopefully Lexus will re-introduce those special rates for their December to Remember event as I'm one of them who are waiting for a better deal in December. Now the question is will Lexus add the power trunk opener/closer button, rear and side window sunshades and heated steering wheel option for 2017. It'll be an interesting December for me, that's for sure.

Last edited by mj0723; 09-13-16 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-13-16, 12:10 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mj0723
It's interesting to see that Lexus discontinued the special leasing/financing rates for both GS-F and RC-F while keeping the special rates for all other models after the Golden Opportunity Sales event. Hopefully Lexus will re-introduce those special rates for their December to Remember event as I'm one of them who are waiting for a better deal in December. Now the question is will Lexus add the power trunk opener/closer button, rear and side window sunshades and heated steering wheel option for 2017. It'll be an interesting December for me, that's for sure.
the 2015 Rcf already has the heated steering wheel option
Old 09-13-16, 12:18 PM
mj0723
Driver

Originally Posted by ssmoked
the 2015 Rcf already has the heated steering wheel option
Exactly!! I'm not sure why Lexus decides to remove that feature entirely for the US version of GS-F. I don't believe it's even an option that one can order. In contrast, most, if not all, of the GS350 F-Sports cars that I've seen here in CA have the heated steering wheel, rear sunshade and the power trunk closer options included.
Old 09-13-16, 09:05 PM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Rear Sunshade Power Trunk

Maaaaan....I completely FORGOT about those Luxury Items......
You guys are making me 2nd guess my soon to be purchase......tomorrow.....

I already sold my GS350........over the weekend....

Tomorrow I pickup my GSF Atomic Silver......
Oh yea....I completely forgot about the Rear SunShade and Power Close Truck......... Fawk

Originally Posted by mj0723
Exactly!! I'm not sure why Lexus decides to remove that feature entirely for the US version of GS-F. I don't believe it's even an option that one can order. In contrast, most, if not all, of the GS350 F-Sports cars that I've seen here in CA have the heated steering wheel, rear sunshade and the power trunk closer options included.
Old 09-13-16, 11:11 PM
mj0723
Driver

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
Maaaaan....I completely FORGOT about those Luxury Items......
You guys are making me 2nd guess my soon to be purchase......tomorrow.....

I already sold my GS350........over the weekend....

Tomorrow I pickup my GSF Atomic Silver......
Oh yea....I completely forgot about the Rear SunShade and Power Close Truck......... Fawk

If it's a done deal, just enjoy the car and don't worry about the missing options. GS-F is still a tremendous car without the options I've listed. As a potential future owner, of course I'd want to have all the options included in the car, but if Lexus decides to offer special financing/leasing rates on the 2016 GS-F in December, I'm sure I'll jump on it if a good deal presents itself.
I hate the fact the Toyota/Lexus is typically very tight-lipped about changes for their upcoming vehicles, but oh well, it is what it is. I just hope Lexus engineers make tweaks/changes to the GS-F with every new model year like they did with the IS-F in order to continuously improving the car. BTW, congrats on the new ride, remember to post pics once you get it!!
Old 09-14-16, 05:11 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to tell you guys but I don't think Lexus will be putting those features on the gsf due to it being a track inspired car. Those features will increase the weight and with all the features already on the car they kept it close to the weight of the Rcf. Tho options are in the fsport due to the fsport being a looks only made car but the f is track inspired luxury and to at least keep up with the cars in its class weight was definitely a factor. But we will see. Maybe I'm wrong
Old 09-14-16, 07:19 AM
mj0723
Driver

Originally Posted by IsfClyde
Sorry to tell you guys but I don't think Lexus will be putting those features on the gsf due to it being a track inspired car. Those features will increase the weight and with all the features already on the car they kept it close to the weight of the Rcf. Tho options are in the fsport due to the fsport being a looks only made car but the f is track inspired luxury and to at least keep up with the cars in its class weight was definitely a factor. But we will see. Maybe I'm wrong
Hi Clyde...the options that I've mentioned in my previous posts are already included in the current model-year GS-Fs that are sold in other countries such as Canada, Japan, and other European and Asian countries. US is the only country that didn't receive these features for the GS-F, so I'm not sure if it's just about potential weight increase and GS-F being a track inspired car. It's only a matter of time before we started seeing the 2017s showing up in the dealerships and we'll find out soon enough.
Old 09-14-16, 07:21 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IsfClyde
GSF does have soft close trunk option like 3rd Gen GS.
I don't know if they were trying to save weight but...Canadian Spec GSF is equipped with Heated Steering Wheel, Side Window Shades, Rear Power Shade as well as Rear Climate Controls/Audio Controls via Rear Armrest.

I am wondering whether Steering wheel across all F line is same (Maybe someone can check the Part # for GSF canadian spec & US Spec)
Old 09-14-16, 08:35 AM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll hit up my sales guy...in regards to 2017 if those additional luxury items will be excluded when I pick up my ride....this afternoon.....
They are picking me up from home....taking me to the stealership........
What Service !!!!

I'll post pics.....
The ONLY option...I think my car does not have is the Orange Colored Calipers.....
I was torn....for a bit.......but I'm over it.....

Originally Posted by Salil022
GSF does have soft close trunk option like 3rd Gen GS.
I don't know if they were trying to save weight but...Canadian Spec GSF is equipped with Heated Steering Wheel, Side Window Shades, Rear Power Shade as well as Rear Climate Controls/Audio Controls via Rear Armrest.

I am wondering whether Steering wheel across all F line is same (Maybe someone can check the Part # for GSF canadian spec & US Spec)

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)