GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-16, 03:16 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

My guess is that closer to the end of the year, Nov - Dec is when I think they would start advertising heavy discounts. They need to move those unsold 2016s somehow, can't keep them on the lot for another year.
Old 09-25-16, 03:50 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFinferno
not a problem. I just wish they added some of the features that are already included in the gs family, like:

1. heated steering wheel
2. sun shade in the back

lol I mean for the price of the car like jeez. oh and the most ridiculous one is that it has no carbon fiber window switches like the rcf are you kiddinggggggggggggggggggg.
This is the problem with Lexus, you can really build a nice Lexus with all they offer but they have to pre-package some frankenstein package that is just way too forceful in terms of what you get. It should be like Burger King, have it your way, build it your way.

Its so weird you can't get wood trim or a luxury GS with a F-sport look like you can with Benz or BMW.

Old 09-25-16, 08:40 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
This is the problem with Lexus, you can really build a nice Lexus with all they offer but they have to pre-package some frankenstein package that is just way too forceful in terms of what you get. It should be like Burger King, have it your way, build it your way.

Its so weird you can't get wood trim or a luxury GS with a F-sport look like you can with Benz or BMW.
That's just Japanese manufacturing. They were the first to adopt the Just In Time system for production and it doesn't leave much room for customization. Plus, the Japanese marques just don't have the clout to pull this off.

The Germans have been doing build to order since the beginning. Some of the most expensive cars went out to coach builders and they'd literally take your measurements for steering wheel and pedal placement. To this day, BMW and Porsche will still let you take a body in white and customize every last piece of it, if you've got the cash. Mercedes has been modular for a long time to feed the national taxi industry also. Want a cloth interior with a manual diesel, no radio and no ac? No problem, talk to fleet sales.

I'm not saying Lexus couldn't build bespoke, one off cars for well heeled individuals, I'm sure a few LFA's left for Dubai with extra gold, but for their pricing model it just doesn't make sense.
Old 09-26-16, 06:23 AM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm at my local dealer in Roswell, GA getting service done my LX. I saw this out front. I already have a C63S on the way, but figured it may help someone else out.

Old 09-26-16, 09:17 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by PMan
I'm at my local dealer in Roswell, GA getting service done my LX. I saw this out front. I already have a C63S on the way, but figured it may help someone else out.
Good reporting! Hopefully this pans out when I'm ready to pick up a 2017 or lightly used 2018! I see 2017s on their website now.
Old 09-26-16, 09:26 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Teutonic
Good reporting! Hopefully this pans out when I'm ready to pick up a 2017 or lightly used 2018! I see 2017s on their website now.
Lol, I checked their site and did the 360 degree view feature. It said 65 people were looking at it. Either their site is broken or this thing will be gone soon. I suspect there are a ton of lurkers around here.
Old 09-26-16, 11:17 AM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Lol, I checked their site and did the 360 degree view feature. It said 65 people were looking at it. Either their site is broken or this thing will be gone soon. I suspect there are a ton of lurkers around here.
Their site always says there are 50ish people looking at any particular car. That GSF (and a few others) have been then for months. I tried to get a deal back in May, they said the cars would sell and blah blah blah, only gave like $3k off MSRP. I told them good luck at that price and placed an order for a C63S.
Old 09-26-16, 11:38 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PMan
Their site always says there are 50ish people looking at any particular car. That GSF (and a few others) have been then for months. I tried to get a deal back in May, they said the cars would sell and blah blah blah, only gave like $3k off MSRP. I told them good luck at that price and placed an order for a C63S.
http://www.nalleylexusroswell.com/ right? It's nowhere near me but it's got me thinking.
Old 09-26-16, 01:37 PM
klimber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.nalleylexusroswell.com/ right? It's nowhere near me but it's got me thinking.
hopefully that's them, just called and they are going to send a quote over. If they can put that white/red one on for that price I am a buyer!
Old 09-26-16, 02:39 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by klimber
hopefully that's them, just called and they are going to send a quote over. If they can put that white/red one on for that price I am a buyer!
If they can do that price for all of them this forum will clear their lot this week. They're gonna be clicking their heels together.

PMan, be sure you get a few free oil changes for the sales reference lol.
Old 09-26-16, 02:56 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Originally Posted by klimber
I wonder if that car is on sale for 67.5k since its a "demo" or "dealer used" and they can sell as new with a few thousand miles. I saw one in the midwest for 73k selling as new with 9k miles on it.

anyone know if this one has any miles it?
Old 09-26-16, 03:12 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
I wonder if that car is on sale for 67.5k since its a "demo" or "dealer used" and they can sell as new with a few thousand miles. I saw one in the midwest for 73k selling as new with 9k miles on it.

thats what I'm thinking too
Old 09-26-16, 04:51 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

$67.5 - 70k is a GREAT value for a car like the GSF.
I think if these prices are real, people should be buying them ASAp.
Old 09-26-16, 06:46 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

The dash either says 37.5 or 375 miles. Hard to see from one of the interior shots.
Old 09-27-16, 06:50 AM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Correct, it is Nalley Lexus in Roswell.

The dash either says 37.5 or 375 miles. Hard to see from one of the interior shots.

The car has been driven for sure, but I have no idea how much. Those pictures may be old. If it is a demo, they probably did not put more than 1-2k miles on it. Only the manager gets to use them at that dealer.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)