GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-16, 09:25 PM
USBGSF16
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF, I PAID 94000$ out door at march, plus ceramic coating and window tint, it is almost a 100K car.
Old 10-12-16, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

there is always a higher price tag to be one of the first. but think of it this way, you get to enjoy the car much sooner than most!
Old 10-12-16, 11:45 PM
Jesse711
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GSF demo lease..rims stolen/shadyness found out after deal

I recently leased a 2016 GSF which was a sales managers demo with less then 2500 miles. I originally went in after my IS350
lease was up looking to upgrade to GS350 f sport. I was quoted aroun 650-750 depending on miles per year. Figuring a GSF would be out of my range, I was curious so I asked anyways. The sales manager comes over within minutes and tells me he has a deal I can't refuse on his GSF demo.

To make a long story short, he offers me his demo GSF with less the 2500 miles for 829/month with 10k a year for 3 years. Thinking to myself this is a great deal I make a few laps around the car and notice that there are a few scratches and a chip on the advertised "UPGRADED AFTERMARKET RIMS". They agree to fix the rims and IM SOLD!!! Only ask him what else is wrong with this car for the great price.... and the answer was a simple nothing.

3 days later I have a random encounter on the streets. We get into a conversation about my car and come to find out the "UPGRADED AFTERMARKET RIMS" are actually replacements because the OEs where stolen and car put on bricks. I immediately confront the sales manager and he admits to it all and offers to fix any damages and offer 3 years free maintenance.

Now while all this sounds great, I do a little research and find out that even though car is now on 20s....the cost difference between what is installed and the OEs rims/tires is easily over 1k loss. A downgrade if you ask me. On top of that, I find out that there was no insurance claim done on the OE rims and the aftermarket rims where installed and a random shop, not the dealership....which is shady as **** in my opinion.

Although the dealership seems willing to correct all issues and provide free maintenance for the life of the lease....it also seems like they are trying to hide something at the same time, which does not sit well with me.

So my question to my fellow Lexus enthusiasts is should I be happy with a great deal on a great car that they lied about and tried to hide stuff.....or should I be pissed with there nonchalant attitude about not being truthful and just offering there simple fixes to shut me up??? Should I take what is rightfully mine(fixing all existing issues)and walk or should I also proceed further(Lexus corporate/lawyer)???
Old 10-13-16, 04:46 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse711
I recently leased a 2016 GSF which was a sales managers demo with less then 2500 miles. I originally went in after my IS350
lease was up looking to upgrade to GS350 f sport. I was quoted aroun 650-750 depending on miles per year. Figuring a GSF would be out of my range, I was curious so I asked anyways. The sales manager comes over within minutes and tells me he has a deal I can't refuse on his GSF demo.

To make a long story short, he offers me his demo GSF with less the 2500 miles for 829/month with 10k a year for 3 years. Thinking to myself this is a great deal I make a few laps around the car and notice that there are a few scratches and a chip on the advertised "UPGRADED AFTERMARKET RIMS". They agree to fix the rims and IM SOLD!!! Only ask him what else is wrong with this car for the great price.... and the answer was a simple nothing.

3 days later I have a random encounter on the streets. We get into a conversation about my car and come to find out the "UPGRADED AFTERMARKET RIMS" are actually replacements because the OEs where stolen and car put on bricks. I immediately confront the sales manager and he admits to it all and offers to fix any damages and offer 3 years free maintenance.

Now while all this sounds great, I do a little research and find out that even though car is now on 20s....the cost difference between what is installed and the OEs rims/tires is easily over 1k loss. A downgrade if you ask me. On top of that, I find out that there was no insurance claim done on the OE rims and the aftermarket rims where installed and a random shop, not the dealership....which is shady as **** in my opinion.

Although the dealership seems willing to correct all issues and provide free maintenance for the life of the lease....it also seems like they are trying to hide something at the same time, which does not sit well with me.

So my question to my fellow Lexus enthusiasts is should I be happy with a great deal on a great car that they lied about and tried to hide stuff.....or should I be pissed with there nonchalant attitude about not being truthful and just offering there simple fixes to shut me up??? Should I take what is rightfully mine(fixing all existing issues)and walk or should I also proceed further(Lexus corporate/lawyer)???
Its a very interesting situation to say the least. I certainly would not settle on the current deal given the new information that has come to light. I don't know how long you've been driving around in the car and how much negotion power you still have, but this was not just a "demo" car so the price you paid was not accurate to how the car was represented. If the dealership does not work with you, then you most definitely need to take it up higher.
A few years ago, I bought a used Infiniti which I later found out had frame damage over a year after ownership. I tried working with the dealership directly and they dragged me along with no solution for over a month. I skipped the manager of the dealership and looked up the owner of the entire corporation on an online corporation search and got his email and emailed him directly. I had a call within the hour from the manager of the dealership in question and they took the car back and gave me $3k for my trouble(I initially put $0 down). I'm not saying you will get the same results, but if they don't make it right, go right to the top is my suggestion before shelling out money for an attorney or anything else. Good luck
Old 10-13-16, 07:48 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

OP - Sorry to hear about what happened to you and I would be a bit pissed and alarmed too but I do not think you need to loose a lot of sleep over it. Some yes, but a lot, no.

I am not saying this to try to **** you off and I am certainly no expert, only sharing my opinion here but you bought/leased a demo/used vehicle. If you were selling a used vehicle that had the rims stolen at one time, would you bring it up to the new perspective buyer? Now if you know there is suspension or other damage caused under the car you were selling by the rim theft and did not reveal that; that is a whole other story in my book and also certainly applies to yours and any dealership.

You test drove the vehicle before you did the deal and you had it for a little while now. I would suspect you would have felt any suspension damage if they dropped the car causing damage during the rim theft. Have you felt any of that? Also, you stated you were not too pleased that your rims were $1K less than OEM. If you are in love with the OEM rims that is one thing, but if you purchased this vehicle because you liked the unique look/appeal of the different rims do not let the cost difference rain on your new-to-you car parade. The OEM rims are way over-priced (this is based off of my friend replacing an OEM rim on his 11 ISF).

Now for riding on a 20" square set-up, that is definitely your call and I certainly would not find any fault for not wanting that or liking that on your car nor would I find any for not catching the square setup in your walk-around because I did not check my tire sizes when I bought and drove my GSF off the lot nor have ever on any new or demo car I purchased. Now, if they put some knockoff rims on your car that very much resembled OEM, that is a whole other issue for then I would feel they were trying to deceive a buyer.

So with that said, should you have a bitter taste in your mouth from your buying experiences? I know I would and I think it is normal and is justified but I also think you are in a good position to always refer back to your buying experience from the dealer on this car anytime they try to wobble on covering something for you or if you just do not feel happy that day.

Me, I would take it to the extreme and would have them do an alignment and tire balance each time I even imagined I needed. Heck, I might do it weekly or monthly just for my peace of mind if I had the time to.

Enjoy your ride man!

Last edited by mr2dave; 10-13-16 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-14-16, 09:09 AM
turk310
Driver School Candidate

Talking

I picked up my atomic silver '16 GSF after much haggling, walked out with $757/mo 10k miles $3k down lease. I think I got a pretty good deal compared to what Santa Monica Lexus was offering me, high 8s low 9s...smokin crack

Last edited by turk310; 10-14-16 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-14-16, 09:32 AM
klimber
Rookie

Originally Posted by turk310
I picked up my atomic silver '16 GSF after much haggling, walked out with $757/mo 10k miles $3k down lease. I think I got a pretty good deal compared to what Santa Monica Lexus was offering me, high 8s low 9s...smokin crack

beautiful. what do you like most about it so far?
Old 10-14-16, 09:45 AM
turk310
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by klimber
beautiful. what do you like most about it so far?
Too much to list! lol..

I would say my overall favorite thing about the vehicle is the ride handling and cornering. Took it up the Angeles Crest a few weeks back and has a blast. Really got to see what the car had to offer. Played with some of the slalom and track TVD options and while running with it off to on, huge noticeable difference. Coming out of turns you can just floor it and it hooks and goes exactly where you point it. It's kind of scary because it gives you wayyyyy too much confidence.

I love the interior of the vehicle. The exterior with all the fancy lines and curves. Oh and the fact that my exhaust growls just made the car 100x more fun compared to a stock exhaust.
Old 10-14-16, 01:35 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Great deal. They're still too optimistic here. First quote on a 74k price was 1250. The second from a different dealer was 1125. They're not even trying in Texas.

Congrats, she's a beauty.
Old 10-14-16, 02:00 PM
turk310
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Great deal. They're still too optimistic here. First quote on a 74k price was 1250. The second from a different dealer was 1125. They're not even trying in Texas.

Congrats, she's a beauty.
Thanks!!

Yeah when I originally went in looking at the RCFs, I was quoted 900-1100...I was flabbergasted at the crazy payment they were asking for with $5-8k down!! I hit up Lexus Beverly Hills and they had tons of incentives on the car like 8-10k and got me all the way down to $757. Hopefully it'll get easier for you folks in Texas!
Old 10-14-16, 02:04 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks!!

Yeah when I originally went in looking at the RCFs, I was quoted 900-1100...I was flabbergasted at the crazy payment they were asking for with $5-8k down!! I hit up Lexus Beverly Hills and they had tons of incentives on the car like 8-10k and got me all the way down to $757. Hopefully it'll get easier for you folks in Texas!
I'm sure they'll get serious in December, or enjoy carrying 2016's into next year.
Old 10-14-16, 06:17 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats and enjoy the new ride.
Old 10-14-16, 08:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Local to us in LA.

We're building a GSF right now. Care to stop by and get some ideas?

Body kits, interior, exhaust? >

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-17-16, 05:22 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Would you mind PM'ing me the full details of your lease? I would be very interested to try to get something similar. Even if I have to ship the car across country.
Old 10-20-16, 10:31 PM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by kdphan
another update...

I was able to get 2 offers in the range I want

one msrp 87,100 for 67.3
one 88.4k msrp for 68k flat

I plan to do max MSD (9 i believe) and that brings down MF to 0.00118 or 2.83% interest

Do you mind PM me which dealer you were able to get $67k-68K? i am very interested in getting a Blue GSF on black leather lol THANKS in advance !

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)