GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-16, 08:36 AM
zukbang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turk310
My car was 87k - incentives and my payments with $3k down is $757...anything over 850 is a ripoff imo..

@CalboyF probably illuminated door sills or some crap..
$757 including tax???
Old 11-04-16, 11:10 AM
kdphan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think mine was 790 including 9.5% tax

i did MSDs and no down payment.
Old 11-04-16, 12:10 PM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kdphan
I think mine was 790 including 9.5% tax

i did MSDs and no down payment.
Just a general question maybe you or someone else can answer...if you were going to put money down, why not put it down as a MSD over just cash down? What is the advantage of putting cash down vs MSD? Specifically on a lease.
Old 11-04-16, 04:16 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

MSD: The car gets smashed, you get it back. The lease ends, you get it back.

Cash: The car gets smashed, it's gone. The lease ends, haha, it's still gone.

Never put a downpayment on a leased car just to lower the MSRP. MSD is the only way to go, it's a secured deposit and isn't moving an inch.
Old 11-06-16, 12:37 PM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Looking for a bit of feedback/advice.
There is a dealer/demo car with 6k miles listed for $66.9k
Since it's never been titled , I was told I could still apply the Lexus cash . My question is: are there any specific or additional questions I should ask the dealer about this car ? Does the price seem reasonable for the miles and use it had ?

Lastly , does anyone have a good lease calculator they use that they could recommend so I can play with the numbers ? Thanks in advance !
Old 11-06-16, 07:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,960 Likes on 2,399 Posts

Mine had 87 miles on it, and it was $66.1k. I am surprised yours has that much mileage. Is it a Lexus employee car?
Old 11-06-16, 07:32 PM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Mine had 87 miles on it, and it was $66.1k. I am surprised yours has that much mileage. Is it a Lexus employee car?
They said it was a "lexus regional rep" car ...when did you get yours? Was there anything else you were able to work in your deal?
Old 11-06-16, 08:56 PM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Elitedax3
They said it was a "lexus regional rep" car ...when did you get yours? Was there anything else you were able to work in your deal?
What dealer is it from if you don't mind me asking? There's one at my dealer with close tho the same mileage
Old 11-07-16, 04:01 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Originally Posted by IsfClyde
What dealer is it from if you don't mind me asking? There's one at my dealer with close tho the same mileage
Sent you a PM Clyde
Old 11-07-16, 07:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,960 Likes on 2,399 Posts

Originally Posted by Elitedax3
Bought October 22nd. Not sure what you mean by "work in" to the deal - we bought, not leased, we keep cars a long time so leasing doesn't make any sense for us. My Supra has been mine since January '97, and my ISF since December '08 with no current plans to part with either. The wife backed off selling the Supra again. She always does that every time I think about selling it.

She wanted the interior protection - we have a three year old and I agreed because it is essentially insurance should he spill orange soda or some other ugly colored food in the car. The only other high margin addition was a 10 year 100k mile $0 deductible extended warranty priced at $2902 through JM Family. I will spend more on TIS over 10 years than that bet, and with the valley plate leak issues in the ISF, I am not 100% confident there won't be a reason to use it.
Old 11-07-16, 11:48 PM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up a WHITE on RED fully loaded with every single option plus tinted rear windows. with 20miles on it for $68.7k plus tax and all fees
Old 11-07-16, 11:49 PM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dealer told me it's the highest sought after color combo. so they would not go down on the price a penny more lol

Last edited by CalboyF; 11-08-16 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-08-16, 05:08 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CalboyF
dealer told me it's the highest sought after color combo. so they would not go down on the price a penny more lol
Dont tell me you fell for that elementary line.

congrats on the purchase! Post some pictures
Old 11-08-16, 05:16 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Bought October 22nd. Not sure what you mean by "work in" to the deal - we bought, not leased, we keep cars a long time so leasing doesn't make any sense for us. My Supra has been mine since January '97, and my ISF since December '08 with no current plans to part with either. The wife backed off selling the Supra again. She always does that every time I think about selling it.

She wanted the interior protection - we have a three year old and I agreed because it is essentially insurance should he spill orange soda or some other ugly colored food in the car. The only other high margin addition was a 10 year 100k mile $0 deductible extended warranty priced at $2902 through JM Family. I will spend more on TIS over 10 years than that bet, and with the valley plate leak issues in the ISF, I am not 100% confident there won't be a reason to use it.
I have a 4 year old Godzilla child so I know where you're coming from. LOL

It doesn't seem like the deal I am working on is a good deal. Both you and CalboyF got brand new vehicles for the same price that this employee car with 6200 miles is going for. I thought I was about to sneak off with an AMAZING deal as I thought their price was straight up before the dealer cash that Lexus is pushing, but I got confirmation late yesterday they already had that $10K factored in to their price so I told them its not going to work for me.

Can you and CalboyF both confirm your purchase included the $10K dealer cash? Thanks in advance! Which dealer in GA did you get your Lobux?
Old 11-08-16, 08:52 AM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CalboyF
Picked up a WHITE on RED fully loaded with every single option plus tinted rear windows. with 20miles on it for $68.7k plus tax and all fees
Congrats, that's a great deal. Where did you buy it? Do they have any more cars?

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)