GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-16, 08:06 AM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome price, would you mind sending me what dealer and who was your sales rep via pm

thanks
Old 12-01-16, 06:00 PM
tsongdds
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

sent you a pm
Old 12-01-16, 06:05 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

If anybody is looking for a GSF I can get you a great deal they have 2 left black and silver.

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 12-19-16 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-01-16, 09:22 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
If anybody is looking for a GSF I can get you a new with 100 miles on it for $68k. They have like 3-4 left. Lmk
I was interested but these Texas deals made me give up because I'm leasing. Will probably end up with an RC instead, 1k monthly is too much for me.
Old 12-02-16, 08:30 AM
tsongdds
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I was interested but these Texas deals made me give up because I'm leasing. Will probably end up with an RC instead, 1k monthly is too much for me.
I feel like the Texas deals are pretty incredible no? What other car can you get more than 20k off new?
Old 12-02-16, 01:24 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsongdds
I feel like the Texas deals are pretty incredible no? What other car can you get more than 20k off new?
Again, I'm leasing, and the lease deals are structured poorly. We pay 6% sales tax spread out over the course of the lease in Texas, and you're taxed on the sales price, not the portion of depreciation. So even 20k off, which I haven't seen (87k MSRP, best dealer offer so far is 69k, then add 6% tax onto that), with a paltry 54% residual value, and it's a bad deal. Even if I shopped out of state and brought it home, registration would stick me with that same tax.

The only thing that would fix this, for me at least, is a higher residual percentage, because that would lower the depreciation and therefore the payments. This is a buyers car in this state, in my opinion, not a lease car. Plus the money factor is really high right now. At the end of the day, I waited all year for a great lease on the gsf and never saw it, so it's off my list.
Old 12-02-16, 09:11 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Again, I'm leasing, and the lease deals are structured poorly. We pay 6% sales tax spread out over the course of the lease in Texas, and you're taxed on the sales price, not the portion of depreciation. So even 20k off, which I haven't seen (87k MSRP, best dealer offer so far is 69k, then add 6% tax onto that), with a paltry 54% residual value, and it's a bad deal. Even if I shopped out of state and brought it home, registration would stick me with that same tax.

The only thing that would fix this, for me at least, is a higher residual percentage, because that would lower the depreciation and therefore the payments. This is a buyers car in this state, in my opinion, not a lease car. Plus the money factor is really high right now. At the end of the day, I waited all year for a great lease on the gsf and never saw it, so it's off my list.
there is no way they can/will increase the residual. The MSRP takes a 20% discount new and dealers are still flooded with units. In 3 years, i can guarantee it will be worth in the low 40% residual range (what a buyer is wiling to pay). GS 350 owners are complaining about their car lost half value in 3 years, the overpriced GSF will depreciate far more.
Old 12-02-16, 11:56 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ssmoked
there is no way they can/will increase the residual. The MSRP takes a 20% discount new and dealers are still flooded with units. In 3 years, i can guarantee it will be worth in the low 40% residual range (what a buyer is wiling to pay). GS 350 owners are complaining about their car lost half value in 3 years, the overpriced GSF will depreciate far more.
Yeah, I know they won't increase the residual, I was just dreaming and saying what it would take to fix the numbers for my situation. The GS has been punished with depreciation and I'm not sure why. It's no Mercedes that breaks very expensive things the second the warranty expires, which also carries this huge depreciation penalty.

Guess I'm just mad I can't get one for what I'm willing to pay, after waiting for the opportunity all year. I'll stop polluting this thread so buyers can get back to posting numbers.
Old 12-03-16, 10:09 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I know they won't increase the residual, I was just dreaming and saying what it would take to fix the numbers for my situation. The GS has been punished with depreciation and I'm not sure why. It's no Mercedes that breaks very expensive things the second the warranty expires, which also carries this huge depreciation penalty.

Guess I'm just mad I can't get one for what I'm willing to pay, after waiting for the opportunity all year. I'll stop polluting this thread so buyers can get back to posting numbers.

Mass produced high price cars lose value the fastest. High volume only speed up the pace. It's accross the industry.

Be be patient until Jan/feb. dealers would blow up your phone with offers

look at the typical 73-79k RCF, after 2 years it goes for around low 50s. That's around 30% true market depreciation after 2 years! Good thing I had 20% off msrp when acquired mine new

Last edited by ssmoked; 12-03-16 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-06-16, 04:13 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
If anybody is looking for a GSF I can get you a new with 100 miles on it for $68k. They have like 3-4 left. Lmk
I pm'd you.
Old 12-06-16, 03:15 PM
SmoothLex2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone try getting a great price in Houston? Wondering if I can get a GSF for 67K drive out.
Old 12-06-16, 04:49 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SmoothLex2
Anyone try getting a great price in Houston? Wondering if I can get a GSF for 67K drive out.
not now. In 6 month maybe
Old 12-06-16, 05:54 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SmoothLex2
Sent a few emails back and forth with Westside Lexus. The salesman could only hit 70k plus tax, lease for over 1k per month at 36/10k and 3k down but free service to 25k miles. That's 5 services and it adds up quick with the more frequent oil changes on the F's.

Texas dealers are making this a buyer's car and seem to be immune to rot lot.
Old 12-07-16, 07:02 AM
SmoothLex2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info, thanks!
Old 12-07-16, 08:27 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Sent a few emails back and forth with Westside Lexus. The salesman could only hit 70k plus tax, lease for over 1k per month at 36/10k and 3k down but free service to 25k miles. That's 5 services and it adds up quick with the more frequent oil changes on the F's.

Texas dealers are making this a buyer's car and seem to be immune to rot lot.
from my experience sending emails never net the best price. The dealer will never give the lowest possible price bc you will always take that offer to another dealer for a lower price. I always call the internet sales manager and provide him with my number that I want and tell him I have my credit card ready for deposit if he agrees to my number. Within 30min I get a call back and am on my way to pick up my new ride.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)