GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-18, 01:11 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ticket2all
Hello all. I am the proud owner of a 2017 GS F I just picked up yesterday. From looking at prices other people have been paying here in the forum I am pretty confident I received a great deal. I also was bought the exact color scheme I wanted which is black with the red interior.
I negotiated the dealership to 62K even with only 4100 miles on the car and I traded in my 2014 LS460 F Sport so I saved some on the taxes. I bought the car from a Toyota dealership so I wasn't abel to get the extended Lexus certified warranty, but small price to pay for the deal I received. On that note if anyone knows a great deal on an extended warranty LMK.
Sweet car and excellent deal. Love those wheels too! Enjoy and congratulations.
The following users liked this post:
ticket2all (08-05-18)
Old 08-05-18, 06:19 AM
ticket2all
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL and I will enjoy it thanks
Old 08-05-18, 03:38 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Thanks for the tip, appreciate it.
Did you buy the one at Lexus Plano with 840 miles? I saw it sold this weekend.

Last edited by crazych42; 08-05-18 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-05-18, 03:54 PM
ticket2all
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No but I was looking at that one first. I bought the on at a Toyota dealership in Waco with 4100 miles on it.
Old 08-06-18, 08:55 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ticket2all
No but I was looking at that one first. I bought the on at a Toyota dealership in Waco with 4100 miles on it.
Thanks; however, I was asking the question of texaslexii since he's in the market as well. I saw that you purchased yours from a Toyota dealership (congrats BTW). I actually saw yours as well.
Old 08-06-18, 09:07 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by crazych42
Thanks; however, I was asking the question of texaslexii since he's in the market as well. I saw that you purchased yours from a Toyota dealership (congrats BTW). I actually saw yours as well.
No sir, didnt get it. Was supposed to drive out tomorrow but like you said, it sold. There are still some other ones still available that I plan on seeing/driving. There is a 2016 with 4K on the ODO but no LSS+, no adaptive suspension, no fascia refresh. I'm not sure I'd like it but I'll find out. Plus its down to three years warranty based on in-service date per carfax (which I really dont trust)
Old 08-06-18, 09:26 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

No sir, didnt get it. Was supposed to drive out tomorrow but like you said, it sold. There are still some other ones still available that I plan on seeing/driving. There is a 2016 with 4K on the ODO but no LSS+, no adaptive suspension, no fascia refresh. I'm not sure I'd like it but I'll find out. Plus its down to three years warranty based on in-service date per carfax (which I really dont trust)
Well that sucks. If you don't trust carfax you can also check the Lexus Driver's site with the VIN (assuming you already have a Lexus/account). It shows you service history as well as the in-service date. There is also Autocheck. Based on what I read on the Plano car (wondering why only 840 miles), I presumed it was used as one of the Lexus Driver's school cars so was probably driven pretty hard.

There's definitely a lot of '16s out there, but if you're like me and sold on the AVS then '17s are a must. I'm not sure what you mean by fascia refresh as the '16-'18 GSFs are visually the same. The '16-'17s have the same safety system and only the '18s and newer have the LSS+ I believe.
Old 08-06-18, 09:51 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Well that sucks. If you don't trust carfax you can also check the Lexus Driver's site with the VIN (assuming you already have a Lexus/account). It shows you service history as well as the in-service date. There is also Autocheck. Based on what I read on the Plano car (wondering why only 840 miles), I presumed it was used as one of the Lexus Driver's school cars so was probably driven pretty hard.

There's definitely a lot of '16s out there, but if you're like me and sold on the AVS then '17s are a must. I'm not sure what you mean by fascia refresh as the '16-'18 GSFs are visually the same. The '16-'17s have the same safety system and only the '18s and newer have the LSS+ I believe.
Didnt think about creating the account on Lexus Driver's site. Good idea, will do that right now. I was reading stuff online and they said (motortrend, etc) that 17s had a mild fascia refresh. I havent seen any 16s GSFs yet, so you may be right and they're identical. The 17 I test drive in San Anton had LSS+, I tested the cross-traffic alert and blind spot extensively. The one 16 RCF they had did not have any of the LSS stuff (didnt even have lane departure warning, blind spot, etc) not sure why but that was the case.

Last edited by texaslexii; 08-06-18 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-06-18, 10:01 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Didnt think about creating the account on Lexus Driver's site. Good idea, will do that right now. I was reading stuff online and they (motortrend, etc) that 17s had a mild fascia refresh. I havent seen any 16s GSFs yet, so you may be right and they're identical. The 17 I test drive in San Anton had LSS+, I tested the cross-traffic alert and blind spot extensively. The one 16 RCF they had did not have any of the LSS stuff (didnt even have lane departure warning, blind spot, etc) not sure why but that was the case.
Yes, the '16 GSFs (including the one I test drove) had all the safety equipment standard. Some of it is optional on the RCF. The only differences between '16 and '17 GSFs are AVS, customizable drive mode, and colors.
Old 08-08-18, 01:02 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Yes, the '16 GSFs (including the one I test drove) had all the safety equipment standard. Some of it is optional on the RCF. The only differences between '16 and '17 GSFs are AVS, customizable drive mode, and colors.
I'm going to drive a 16 (4500 miles on the ODO) and then an 18 back to back, extensively. It may be that the 16 is good enough and the suspension can be swapped out (Bilstein) to mimic the more stout suspension in the 17-19s. The 17 I drove last week rode like a dream. It was controlled, firm but not harsh or stiff and took the bumps and overall **s**h**ty San Antonio TX roads with gusto. It cornered really well for such a large sedan. I really liked the car, and so the hunt continues.

EDIT: Ohh, there's this F car...

https://tinyurl.com/y93cz3eg

Last edited by texaslexii; 08-08-18 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-08-18, 03:59 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

I'm going to drive a 16 (4500 miles on the ODO) and then an 18 back to back, extensively. It may be that the 16 is good enough and the suspension can be swapped out (Bilstein) to mimic the more stout suspension in the 17-19s. The 17 I drove last week rode like a dream. It was controlled, firm but not harsh or stiff and took the bumps and overall **s**h**ty San Antonio TX roads with gusto. It cornered really well for such a large sedan. I really liked the car, and so the hunt continues.

EDIT: Ohh, there's this F car...

https://tinyurl.com/y93cz3eg
Yes please share your thoughts on the ride between a ‘16 and an AVS equipped car. I have yet to drive an AVS equipped car. I’m not as young as I used to be and some level of comfort is still a desire! The ‘16 I drove felt Lexus smooth on smooth roads but it did feel somewhat stiff when roads were not so smooth.

Or or you could just buy that LFA!
Old 08-08-18, 04:01 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Yes please share your thoughts on the ride between a ‘16 and an AVS equipped car. I have yet to drive an AVS equipped car. I’m not as young as I used to be and some level of comfort is still a desire! The ‘16 I drove felt Lexus smooth on smooth roads but it did feel somewhat stiff when roads were not so smooth.
Or or you could just buy that LFA!
Absolutely, I'll let everyone know. The LFA... lol, sure, I'll take two, one to daily drive
Old 08-10-18, 07:31 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Lots of commentary here on pre-owned '16's and '17's. Curious if anyone has recently purchased an '18 and if dealers are discounting them at all?
Old 08-10-18, 07:41 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Spent a little over 2 hours going between a 16 and an 18, drove the same routes in similar traffic and same speeds. The 16 did have LSS+ as option so that was a plus. The AVS fits the character of the car much better, and the suspension is more controlled, tight without being stiff and makes the car feel much more assertive.

Sewell Fort Worth where I drove them is not discounting 18s other than the 5K offered by Lexus. I called the San Antonio dealer from two weeks ago and they still have the 17 molten lava. They said they would consider dropping it a little more to move it out of the books. Reading between the lines it sounded like they would consider dropping it to 70K, which is still quite a lot for a two year-old car. I emailed him the 6 cars I am considering, clearly displaying year/mileage/LCert status and told him his new 17 isnt a good value when I can get a car for 6K less with 1 more year of warranty with unlimited miles, despite 4K miles on the ODO.

So, its definitely a 17 for me because of the handling, dynamics and character of the car with the AVS and LSS+.

Last edited by texaslexii; 10-09-18 at 05:05 PM.
IMAGINTHAT (08-10-18)
Old 08-10-18, 07:54 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Spent a little over 2 hours going between a 16 and an 18, drove the same routes in similar traffic and same speeds. The 16 is definitely a Lexus: rides soft, compliant, comfortable. It does not fit the character of the car at all. If it were an ES or LS, sure but not a GS-F. It did have LSS+ as option so that was a plus. The AVS fits the character of the car much better, and the suspension is more controlled, tight without being stiff and makes the car feel much more assertive. It did not lean at all unlike the 16 when pushed or executing evasive maneuvers.

Sewell Fort Worth where I drove them is not discounting 18s other than the 5K offered by Lexus. I called the San Antonio dealer from two weeks ago and they still have the 17 molten lava. They said they would consider dropping it a little more to move it out of the books. Reading between the lines it sounded like they would consider dropping it to 70K, which is still quite a lot for a two year-old car. I emailed him the 6 cars I am considering, clearly displaying year/mileage/LCert status and told him his new 17 isnt a good value when I can get a car for 6K less with 1 more year of warranty with unlimited miles, despite 4K miles on the ODO.

So, its definitely a 17 for me because of the handling, dynamics and character of the car with the AVS and LSS+.
Thank you for your input. In March of this year Lexus Carlsbad was offering a '17 White/red delivery miles car for $69k + TTL, wifey talked me into an F-Sport instead and now all I find myself doing is searching again for a great deal like that, of course I'm going to take a bath on taxes, trade in, but the heart wants what it wants. Best of luck with your search, I know you have been looking for awhile too. I even find myself going back to the '17 CPO USB car down the road that has some imperfections thinking to myself that with a good paint correction they would all but disappear, just can't get over the stratus grey interior.
texaslexii (08-11-18)

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)