GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-18, 11:10 PM
DennisGSF
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Friend of mine just purchasd 2018 10,700 off MSRP + 5k Incentives rebate
The following 2 users liked this post by DennisGSF:
IMAGINTHAT (08-11-18), texaslexii (08-11-18)
Old 08-11-18, 09:37 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Thank you for your input. In March of this year Lexus Carlsbad was offering a '17 White/red delivery miles car for $69k + TTL, wifey talked me into an F-Sport instead and now all I find myself doing is searching again for a great deal like that, of course I'm going to take a bath on taxes, trade in, but the heart wants what it wants. Best of luck with your search, I know you have been looking for awhile too. I even find myself going back to the '17 CPO USB car down the road that has some imperfections thinking to myself that with a good paint correction they would all but disappear, just can't get over the stratus grey interior.
Can I abuse of your confidence and ask you to PM me some pictures of the car showing the paint issues? I like the grey color, at least in pictures. Why do you not like it?
Old 08-11-18, 09:38 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DennisGSF
Friend of mine just purchasd 2018 10,700 off MSRP + 5k Incentives rebate
What dealer? That is a very good price, about 17% of sticker. I just left Sewell Lexus Dallas and saw some more 18s and broached the subject. Best they would do is 10K total including the 5K Lexus Rebate provided you financed with Lexus at 3.9% (I guess thats where they would make back some of the 5K rebate). Seeing how cheap and unwilling they are to negotiate, and feedback from others regarding trade-in values, I didnt move past asking for their best price.

Last edited by texaslexii; 08-11-18 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-11-18, 09:56 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
What dealer? That is a very good price, about 17% of sticker. I just left Sewell Lexus Dallas and saw some more 18s and broached the subject. Best they would do is 10K total including the 5K Lexus Rebate provided you financed with Lexus at 3.9% (I guess thats where they would make back some of the 5K rebate). Seeing how cheap and unwilling they are to negotiate, and feedback from others regarding trade-in values, I didnt move past asking for their best price.
It's crazy how they would rather the cars sit on the lot for months.
Old 08-11-18, 10:23 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crazych42
Its called floorplanning or floor plan financing. At least with Ford where I worked, dealers get 180 days interest-free financing. If the car doesn't sell, they apply and get another 180 days interest-free. Only after the vehicle sells do they then payback interest on the loan from when it was issued to when it was sold. So if the car sits for 7 months, they only pay 1 month interest from the second loan. Holding on to a vehicle only depreciates a faction for them because its still new, they are not incentivized to sell.
The following users liked this post:
IS_250 (08-21-18)
Old 08-11-18, 12:37 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Can I abuse of your confidence and ask you to PM me some pictures of the car showing the paint issues? I like the grey color, at least in pictures. Why do you not like it?
PM me your number and I can text you some photos. The car's exterior is absolutely filthy, which makes it hard to differentiate flaws from dirt and lot rot.

As far as the stratus grey goes, for me it's too vanilla, literally. I also feel its going to wear similarly to the ivory interiors in IS-F's.
Old 08-11-18, 12:44 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Its called floorplanning or floor plan financing. At least with Ford where I worked, dealers get 180 days interest-free financing. If the car doesn't sell, they apply and get another 180 days interest-free. Only after the vehicle sells do they then payback interest on the loan from when it was issued to when it was sold. So if the car sits for 7 months, they only pay 1 month interest from the second loan. Holding on to a vehicle only depreciates a faction for them because its still new, they are not incentivized to sell.
Makes sense up to a point. If the vehicle isn't moving after a year then what's the point?
Old 08-11-18, 05:07 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Makes sense up to a point. If the vehicle isn't moving after a year then what's the point?
Greed, or stupidity...
Old 08-11-18, 05:36 PM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Lots of commentary here on pre-owned '16's and '17's. Curious if anyone has recently purchased an '18 and if dealers are discounting them at all?
Purchased an 18 in late March for just under $81K which included a $2K rebate. Thought it was an ok deal at the time (my emotions got the best of me!), but happier now as the inventory really thinned out and there is no rebate in my area now.
The following users liked this post:
IMAGINTHAT (08-12-18)
Old 08-12-18, 12:03 AM
DennisGSF
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston
Old 08-13-18, 12:39 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Spent a little over 2 hours going between a 16 and an 18, drove the same routes in similar traffic and same speeds. The 16 is definitely a Lexus: rides soft, compliant, comfortable. It does not fit the character of the car at all. If it were an ES or LS, sure but not a GS-F. It did have LSS+ as option so that was a plus. The AVS fits the character of the car much better, and the suspension is more controlled, tight without being stiff and makes the car feel much more assertive. It did not lean at all unlike the 16 when pushed or executing evasive maneuvers.

Sewell Fort Worth where I drove them is not discounting 18s other than the 5K offered by Lexus. I called the San Antonio dealer from two weeks ago and they still have the 17 molten lava. They said they would consider dropping it a little more to move it out of the books. Reading between the lines it sounded like they would consider dropping it to 70K, which is still quite a lot for a two year-old car. I emailed him the 6 cars I am considering, clearly displaying year/mileage/LCert status and told him his new 17 isnt a good value when I can get a car for 6K less with 1 more year of warranty with unlimited miles, despite 4K miles on the ODO.

So, its definitely a 17 for me because of the handling, dynamics and character of the car with the AVS and LSS+.
Wait, are you saying the '16 rode better than the "18? I'm talking ride comfort/compliance and not handling.
Old 08-13-18, 12:41 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

If that's the same one that I was looking at Desert Lexus, it does have a clear bra installed on the front according to Lexus Drivers. They've dropped the price a couple times so they might be willing to move it.
Old 08-13-18, 04:47 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Wait, are you saying the '16 rode better than the "18? I'm talking ride comfort/compliance and not handling.
Its subjective. For a 70 year old retiree, the 16 will be rough, stiff and "ride bad" (actual quote from an old timer buying an LS when I pulled in with the 18, apparently he drove a GSF). The 17 to me was very lexus-like, as in ES-soft. It felt more comfortable compared to the 16 on Sport+. On large bumps, it felt like it bottomed out or hit the top of the coils in the spring (compression), and the rebound was slow to occur. Not floaty like an old 70s cadillac, but soft.

Like I said, it really doesnt fit the character of the car as a sports-oriented sedan. For "ch*ts and giggles", I drove a previous gen M5 (which is supposed to compete with the GSF). I needed a chiropractor at the end of the drive and some morphine.

Lets say I found the perfect '17, I would see myself in one if my commute was 5 miles to work through residential areas and never saw highway/freeway use.

Last edited by texaslexii; 10-09-18 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-13-18, 04:49 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

If that's the same one that I was looking at Desert Lexus, it does have a clear bra installed on the front according to Lexus Drivers. They've dropped the price a couple times so they might be willing to move it.
Yep, its the blue one in Shottenkirk Desert Lexus
Old 08-13-18, 07:37 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Can you say "let it sit for 36 months"

LMFAO

https://www.lexusofwatertown.com/Veh...-MA/3027086313

EDIT: "New" with 3K miles...these guys need to stop smoking the funny stuff

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)