GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-18, 04:12 PM
Hudacris
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the most I should pay for a 2018? Looking at the latest replies, 15k off msrp appears to be better than average for a 2018, and 10k off is the norm (both including the 5k incentive rebate)..so 12.5k off?
Old 08-15-18, 04:43 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hudacris
What's the most I should pay for a 2018? Looking at the latest replies, 15k off msrp appears to be better than average for a 2018, and 10k off is the norm (both including the 5k incentive rebate)..so 12.5k off?
The most you pay is what you’re willing to pay. If it was me I’d pay no more than $75K OTD for an ‘18 including 5k rebate. That would be tough but I also know that time would be on my side and there will be low mileage ‘17s and even ‘18s CPOs out in the coming 6-12 months that will be several thousand less.
Old 08-15-18, 06:27 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Is anyone near or in Torrance CA?
Old 08-16-18, 05:02 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Is anyone near or in Torrance CA?
You may want to post in main forum as a topic so folks can see it.

Old 08-28-18, 10:09 PM
KSquared
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Thank you for your input. In March of this year Lexus Carlsbad was offering a '17 White/red delivery miles car for $69k + TTL, wifey talked me into an F-Sport instead and now all I find myself doing is searching again for a great deal like that, of course I'm going to take a bath on taxes, trade in, but the heart wants what it wants. Best of luck with your search, I know you have been looking for awhile too. I even find myself going back to the '17 CPO USB car down the road that has some imperfections thinking to myself that with a good paint correction they would all but disappear, just can't get over the stratus grey interior.
Just pulled the trigger on a new 2017 White on Red GSF. I am thinking that this may have been the car you were talking about? They were eager to move the car so I think I got a pretty good deal. I negotiated down to 65K + TTL. I was also looking at a New 2017 White on Black GSF in Thousand Oaks, but they would only go down to 69K. If anyone in CA is still looking, I believe it is still available.
Old 08-29-18, 04:56 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KSquared
Just pulled the trigger on a new 2017 White on Red GSF. I am thinking that this may have been the car you were talking about? They were eager to move the car so I think I got a pretty good deal. I negotiated down to 65K + TTL. I was also looking at a New 2017 White on Black GSF in Thousand Oaks, but they would only go down to 69K. If anyone in CA is still looking, I believe it is still available.
Nice and congrats! Was this a dealer car with some miles or brand new?
Old 08-29-18, 06:46 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Great price, I spoke with that dealer and wouldnt move past 69K, I guess they dont like us Texans (that's ok, we love Californians, especially Californian girls wink wink nod nod)
Old 08-29-18, 07:52 AM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

That is a great deal IMO. They wouldn't budge past $69k + TTL back in March. If it was the Carlsbad car it only had 73 miles on it and was in perfect condition.

Can you confirm what dealer it was? Escondido has one too with the same spec but were not as willing to move on the price.
Old 08-29-18, 01:52 PM
KSquared
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
That is a great deal IMO. They wouldn't budge past $69k + TTL back in March. If it was the Carlsbad car it only had 73 miles on it and was in perfect condition.

Can you confirm what dealer it was? Escondido has one too with the same spec but were not as willing to move on the price.
Thanks guys. So far I am loving the car. It had about 160 miles on it (they said they had to drive it from Los Angeles to their dealership), but was sold as a new car.
Any of you buy Extended warranty, Prepaid Maintenance, or Tire and Wheel protection? Also, I spoke to a sales rep there and he said they will probably only have the GS available for special order in the future... Not sure how accurate that is, but just an FYI.
Old 08-29-18, 07:27 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Thanks guys. So far I am loving the car. It had about 160 miles on it (they said they had to drive it from Los Angeles to their dealership), but was sold as a new car.
Any of you buy Extended warranty, Prepaid Maintenance, or Tire and Wheel protection? Also, I spoke to a sales rep there and he said they will probably only have the GS available for special order in the future... Not sure how accurate that is, but just an FYI.
Congrats, I remember that car, it's a great buy. I'm pretty lit up right now. Was working a deal with South Bay on a red LCert, loaded to the gills for 61K. Had a wire transfer ready and was ready to have 10K charged to my card to hold the car. Since I'm in TX it would have taken me 3 days to get there so I'd would have picked it up Thursday or so. Sales manager started putting up excuses, then finance (they were adamant on me filling their online credit app) and then the gen sales doofus ("manager") said he would only hold the car for 24 hrs because he had to appointments booked sunday (nobody works sundays).

So the search continues.
Old 08-30-18, 12:00 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Congrats, I remember that car, it's a great buy. I'm pretty lit up right now. Was working a deal with South Bay on a red LCert, loaded to the gills for 61K. Had a wire transfer ready and was ready to have 10K charged to my card to hold the car. Since I'm in TX it would have taken me 3 days to get there so I'd would have picked it up Thursday or so. Sales manager started putting up excuses, then finance (they were adamant on me filling their online credit app) and then the gen sales doofus ("manager") said he would only hold the car for 24 hrs because he had to appointments booked sunday (nobody works sundays).

So the search continues.
man that sucks. Sorry to hear. I see they just lowered the price too...
Old 08-30-18, 07:58 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crazych42

man that sucks. Sorry to hear. I see they just lowered the price too...
well not worried about it. Another member here went thru the same thing, ironically he's in Cali and the dealer in TX...
Old 08-30-18, 09:00 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

well not worried about it. Another member here went thru the same thing, ironically he's in Cali and the dealer in TX...
It is still unbelievable to me that these dealers don't want to let go of their cars... They're just dust collectors.
Old 08-30-18, 09:08 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crazych42
It is still unbelievable to me that these dealers don't want to let go of their cars... They're just dust collectors.
Slight derail, a while back I saw a really nice corp-owned saab 9-3 convertible aero in Fl, I called the listed sales guy and started talking to him. Took a day to get the sale done, tradein valued and paperwork filled. They USPS'd the papers (two day) to my bank, the truck arrived three days later with the car, picked my car up, done deal. Best experience ever, seriously.

I am finding out that most dealers are the same, doesnt matter if they sell a 100K Lexus, they still act like a Kia dealer selling a 15K car to people with a credit score of 550. I was certainly not expecting this from cali, but whatever.

Back on topic, the salesman emailed me saying that they were wholesaling the car in two weeks, I thanked him for his time and effort, and told him to tell his managers that they're all idiots.
Old 08-30-18, 09:22 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Back on topic, the salesman emailed me saying that they were wholesaling the car in two weeks, I thanked him for his time and effort, and told him to tell his managers that they're all idiots.
OMG that is too funny, but true! Good for you!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)