GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-18, 11:53 AM
KSquared
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Congrats, I remember that car, it's a great buy. I'm pretty lit up right now. Was working a deal with South Bay on a red LCert, loaded to the gills for 61K. Had a wire transfer ready and was ready to have 10K charged to my card to hold the car. Since I'm in TX it would have taken me 3 days to get there so I'd would have picked it up Thursday or so. Sales manager started putting up excuses, then finance (they were adamant on me filling their online credit app) and then the gen sales doofus ("manager") said he would only hold the car for 24 hrs because he had to appointments booked sunday (nobody works sundays).

So the search continues.
Dang... that sucks... Well it is still listed as available right now. So hopefully no one buys it on "Sunday." Keep an eye out on new 2018's seems like there are a few sitting around. I am thinking they will eventually give a pretty good discount off MSRP. Newport Lexus has a White on Red 2018. It does have about 5k miles. However, they are still selling as a new because it was never registered? Not sure how that works...They told me it was the president's car. Best price I was quoted for that one was 77k. It is sitting in their showroom and looks flawless. I am assuming it will drop in price.
Old 08-30-18, 05:50 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone is interest Sewell Lexus in Dallas just got in some low mileage 17s. No pics yet that.
Old 08-30-18, 06:43 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by crazych42
If anyone is interest Sewell Lexus in Dallas just got in some low mileage 17s. No pics yet that.
I already talked to them about the white one. I'm very on the fence about it:
"reported by: McGrath Lexus of Chicago
Service: ALIGNMENT SPECIALdescription: ALIGNMENT SPECIAL ~|~(4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT) RECOMMENDED DUE TO WEAR PATTERN OF PREVIOUS TIRES ~|~PERFORMED LASER MEASUREMENT OF WHEEL ANGLES AND FOUND OUT OF SPEC ~|~RESET CAMBER, CASTER AND TOE ANGLE ALIGNMENT SETTINGS FOR ALL FOUR WHEELS TO FACTORY SPEC"

AND
"Service: WHEELS AND TIRES
description: WHEELS AND TIRES ~|~REPLACE 4 TIRES (TIRE WHEEL DIAGNOSIS) ~|~TIRES WORN DUE TO EXTREME DRIVING/TRACK USE ~|~REPLACED 4 TIRES WITH MICHELIN PER CUSTOMER REQUEST"

AND...
"Service: BRAKES FRONT PADS AND ROTORS HAVE GOTTEN HOT , ROTORS ARE DAMAGED WITH HOT SPOTS
description: BRAKES FRONT PADS AND ROTORS HAVE GOTTEN HOT , ROTORS ARE DAMAGED WITH HOT SPOTS ~|~BRAKES FRONT PADS AND ROTORS HAVE GOTTEN HOT , ROTORS ARE DAMAGED WITH HOT SPOTS, AS WELLS AS REAR PADS AND ROTORS ~|~USE AND WEAR ~|~REPLACED FRONT PADS AND ROTORS AS WELL AS REAR PADS AND ROTORSSUPPLIED PARTS"

All this with 700 miles...The dealer guy couldnt tell me if it was a lexus driving school car or the guy who bought it was a complete moron. I'll wait for it to come in and check it out.

Last edited by texaslexii; 08-30-18 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-30-18, 06:46 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KSquared
Dang... that sucks... Well it is still listed as available right now. So hopefully no one buys it on "Sunday." Keep an eye out on new 2018's seems like there are a few sitting around. I am thinking they will eventually give a pretty good discount off MSRP. Newport Lexus has a White on Red 2018. It does have about 5k miles. However, they are still selling as a new because it was never registered? Not sure how that works...They told me it was the president's car. Best price I was quoted for that one was 77k. It is sitting in their showroom and looks flawless. I am assuming it will drop in price.
Thanks for the heads up. The dealer in San Antonio I mentioned a month ago dropped the price of their 2017 (200 miles) to 70K. The only reason why I dont jump on it (other than it can drop in price more) is the Molten Lava. It is gaudy and obnoxious to look at. I just cant get myself to like that color, its disgusting.
Old 08-31-18, 03:56 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

I already talked to them about the white one. I'm very on the fence about it:
"reported by: McGrath Lexus of Chicago
Service: ALIGNMENT SPECIALdescription: ALIGNMENT SPECIAL ~|~(4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT) RECOMMENDED DUE TO WEAR PATTERN OF PREVIOUS TIRES ~|~PERFORMED LASER MEASUREMENT OF WHEEL ANGLES AND FOUND OUT OF SPEC ~|~RESET CAMBER, CASTER AND TOE ANGLE ALIGNMENT SETTINGS FOR ALL FOUR WHEELS TO FACTORY SPEC"

AND
"Service: WHEELS AND TIRES
description: WHEELS AND TIRES ~|~REPLACE 4 TIRES (TIRE WHEEL DIAGNOSIS) ~|~TIRES WORN DUE TO EXTREME DRIVING/TRACK USE ~|~REPLACED 4 TIRES WITH MICHELIN PER CUSTOMER REQUEST"

AND...
"Service: BRAKES FRONT PADS AND ROTORS HAVE GOTTEN HOT , ROTORS ARE DAMAGED WITH HOT SPOTS
description: BRAKES FRONT PADS AND ROTORS HAVE GOTTEN HOT , ROTORS ARE DAMAGED WITH HOT SPOTS ~|~BRAKES FRONT PADS AND ROTORS HAVE GOTTEN HOT , ROTORS ARE DAMAGED WITH HOT SPOTS, AS WELLS AS REAR PADS AND ROTORS ~|~USE AND WEAR ~|~REPLACED FRONT PADS AND ROTORS AS WELL AS REAR PADS AND ROTORSSUPPLIED PARTS"

All this with 700 miles...The dealer guy couldnt tell me if it was a lexus driving school car or the guy who bought it was a complete moron. I'll wait for it to come in and check it out.
I came to the same conclusion that it was a track car. The silver one they have is also a track car. I would run away.... actually I did.
Old 08-31-18, 04:02 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

I came to the same conclusion that it was a track car. The silver one they have is also a track car. I would run away.... actually I did.
It's interesting that it doesn't have owner type on the Carfax. Usually it would list something along the lines of corporate/manufacturer.
Old 08-31-18, 09:14 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Teutonic
It's interesting that it doesn't have owner type on the Carfax. Usually it would list something along the lines of corporate/manufacturer.
Dealerships are hesitant to do that because it would be hard to sell the car as "New" so they just never register it and put dealer plates on it.
Old 08-31-18, 10:02 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Thanks for the heads up. The dealer in San Antonio I mentioned a month ago dropped the price of their 2017 (200 miles) to 70K. The only reason why I dont jump on it (other than it can drop in price more) is the Molten Lava. It is gaudy and obnoxious to look at. I just cant get myself to like that color, its disgusting.
PM me when you get a chance.
Old 08-31-18, 05:17 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

PM me when you get a chance.
Sent......
Old 08-31-18, 05:19 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Dealerships are hesitant to do that because it would be hard to sell the car as "New" so they just never register it and put dealer plates on it.
Yep, that is correct. There is one such car in Austin TX, has 2500 miles and is being sold as new because it always drove around with Manufacturer plates. Kinda scummy IMO and its a loophole they love using.
Old 08-31-18, 07:05 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Yeah...The loophole in the System being Exploited...
Old 09-01-18, 11:12 AM
Hudacris
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I did it. I've become the owner of an atomic silver over circuit red (1st choice) New 2018 GS F. Final price of $75500 plus TTL/fees. First time buying out of state, but it was a very smooth experience. Not reflected in the price was also a complimentary oil change per my request. 180 miles on the odo. The only negative is they drove it instead of using a truck/flatbed which tacked on some more miles.

This thing is fantastic!
Old 09-01-18, 11:25 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hudacris
Well, I did it. I've become the owner of an atomic silver over circuit red (1st choice) New 2018 GS F. Final price of $75500 plus TTL/fees. First time buying out of state, but it was a very smooth experience. Not reflected in the price was also a complimentary oil change per my request. 180 miles on the odo. The only negative is they drove it instead of using a truck/flatbed which tacked on some more miles.

This thing is fantastic!
Congrats! Where did you buy it from?
Old 09-01-18, 11:32 AM
Hudacris
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta, Ken Haynes was my sales rep. Great guy
Old 09-01-18, 12:17 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

Has anyone looked at the two 2017 White/circuit red that Lexus of Chattanooga supposedly have? Curious to know what they would come down to on a 2017 model.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)