GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-18, 08:03 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by crazych42
I came to the same conclusion that it was a track car. The silver one they have is also a track car. I would run away.... actually I did.

Just drove those two car's yesterday (I'm still in DFW). They're in bad shape. Both have very squeaky brakes, have a very loud and nagging rattle noise, like it if has a lose panel somewhere, but sounds metallic. The brakes felt spongy and nothing like Brembos should feel. The white car had a faulty navigation system, tape all over (black tape covering the ASC and TCM button so you couldn't deactivate it), and the carbon fiber trim on the doors had a cloudy/milky cover on them. It had surprisingly strong seat ventilation, so you really did get cooled down.

The silver one had the same brake issues and carbon fiber trim issues and the seats didnt cool at all. It also had the rattle/loose panel sound. Not good cars at all, they were abused. And laughably the dealer was firm on their 68K selling price. They also had a 16 that is identical to the white 16, listed for 63K. They were firm on it as well

Last edited by texaslexii; 09-02-18 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-02-18, 08:20 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii

Just drove those two car's yesterday (I'm still in DFW). They're in bad shape. Both have very squeaky brakes, have a very loud and nagging rattle noise, like it if has a lose panel somewhere, but sounds metallic. The brakes felt spongy and nothing like Brembos should feel. The white car had a faulty navigation system, tape all over (black tape covering the ASC and TCM button so you couldn't deactivate it), and the carbon fiber trim on the doors had a cloudy/milky cover on them. It had surprisingly strong seat ventilation, so you really did get cooled down.

The silver one had the same brake issues and carbon fiber trim issues and the seats didnt cool at all. It also had the rattle/loose panel sound. Not good cars at all, they were abused. And laughably the dealer was firm on their 68K selling price. They also had a 16 that is identical to the white 16, listed for 63K. They were firm on it as well
Wow good thing I walked away from those cars. The evidence was saying track cars and you pretty much confirmed they were abused.
Old 09-02-18, 05:20 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Ok, so I'm tired of looking and driving. Here are my findings:

1) best price on a new 2018 is 75K + TTL
2) best price on a new 2017 is 69K + TTL
3) best price on an LCert 2018 (mileage varies) is 70K + TTL
4) best price on an LCert 2017 (mileage varies) is 61K + TTL (the red car from south bay that is being wholesaled)
5) best price on an LCert 2016 (lowest mileage found is 4500) is 57K + TTL

I bough the last example. 2016 LCert with an in-service date of 7/2016. Has the following:
- partial front paint protection film
- rear bumper applique
- atomic silver exterior with stratus gray interior.
- ML, orange calipers, HUD, LSS+
- Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Gloves
- All-weather floor maps (rubber)
- door edge guards

While I greatly favor the 2017+ with the AVS (its ride is much more controlled and smooth) the savings where very hard to pass. It still has factory 4/50K for another 1 year and 10 months, plus the two LCert years. I didn't manage to close on it on Saturday (was driving the 17s I posted about further up the thread) so I'll be taking possession of the car Tuesday.

So my numbers for all interested are:
56,700 sales price
10K down
15K total trade-in allowance
500 in various dealer fees, title and license, inspection, etc
2K in sales tax
Total out the door $34,500

I'll use the 3K that I saved had the jackassess from CA sold me their 2017, and use that to swap out the suspension (fixed sacks dampers are too hard/firm for the crappy roads I have) and will add illuminated sills, window tint, door moldings and still have change left. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

And if crazych42 is wondering, yep, its the mouse car. Already ordered this sticker
https://dejpknyizje2n.cloudfront.net...08-300x300.png

LOL

EDIT: Forgot to say, they already did the 5K service and replaced windshield wipers, so I get the 10K, 15K, 20K and 25K services free.

Last edited by texaslexii; 09-02-18 at 05:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by texaslexii:
F1nALMSfan (09-03-18), NVRLAND (11-05-18)
Old 09-02-18, 06:12 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Lol congrats man great choice! I’m with you on the ‘16s not sure I can justify the premium for a ‘17 especially if it has more miles. Still looking so we’ll see. Post pics when you pick it up.
Old 09-03-18, 11:22 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hudacris
Well, I did it. I've become the owner of an atomic silver over circuit red (1st choice) New 2018 GS F. Final price of $75500 plus TTL/fees. First time buying out of state, but it was a very smooth experience. Not reflected in the price was also a complimentary oil change per my request. 180 miles on the odo. The only negative is they drove it instead of using a truck/flatbed which tacked on some more miles.

This thing is fantastic!
Congrats! After you have some more seat time, please chime in with your thoughts. Atomic over red is definitely one of my top choices as well.
Old 09-03-18, 02:47 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Congrats! After you have some more seat time, please chime in with your thoughts. Atomic over red is definitely one of my top choices as well.
Allow me to share since I drove about a dozen cars. Circuit red is nice the first couple of hours, but it gets tiresome. It is very red, and a very bright red. Me personally, I would get tired of it in 6 months. I drove a circuit red interior with platinum, white and caviar exteriors. Its just too much.

The suspension on 2016s is horrible. Hard/firm/crashy. Hard compression and hardly any rebound. Unless you're driving on a track or glass surface, it'll tire you quickly. The AVS on 2017s make the car feel much more like a lexus. Unfortunately I couldnt find a car that was close to the 57K I paid for mine, and the AVS is certainly not worth the 12K premium I would have paid for the cheapest 2017 I found.

Other than that, there are no differences between a 16 and any other model years. It is a great car, just needs some changes to make it really shine. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
F1nALMSfan (09-03-18)
Old 09-03-18, 06:53 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

Allow me to share since I drove about a dozen cars. Circuit red is nice the first couple of hours, but it gets tiresome. It is very red, and a very bright red. Me personally, I would get tired of it in 6 months. I drove a circuit red interior with platinum, white and caviar exteriors. Its just too much.

The suspension on 2016s is horrible. Hard/firm/crashy. Hard compression and hardly any rebound. Unless you're driving on a track or glass surface, it'll tire you quickly. The AVS on 2017s make the car feel much more like a lexus. Unfortunately I couldnt find a car that was close to the 57K I paid for mine, and the AVS is certainly not worth the 12K premium I would have paid for the cheapest 2017 I found.

Other than that, there are no differences between a 16 and any other model years. It is a great car, just needs some changes to make it really shine. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback! Very helpful. I personally do like that red interior, especially over the Ultra White. It reminds me of the slightly less red I had in my old e46 M3. I am not a huge fan of the white interior, I feel it will show wear and stains much too easy ( I have a 5 and a 6 year old...). I have not had a chance to drive a GSF yet, so I was definitely curious about the AVS vs the non. I'd imagine the 16' rides somewhat close to what my stock RC F did.

We have horrible roads here in Wisconsin, so that is all magnified by a harsh ride. I am not sure anything can be worse than the TT RS though. Super stiff and an ultra short wheel base made for a headache inducing ride. I will look for deals on a 17' + first and see where it goes, like you said, for the right deal, a 16' makes complete sense. Have fun with the new ride!
Old 09-03-18, 07:23 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,076 Likes on 2,470 Posts

...The suspension on 2016s is horrible. Hard/firm/crashy. Hard compression and hardly any rebound. Unless you're driving on a track or glass surface, it'll tire you quickly...
That is not my impression at all. While I can't say I've driven a '17 or later, the ride on the '16 is far from hard/firm/crashy compared to my IS F or my Supra. The '08 IS F is well known for those complaints, and yes, it really does shine on the track compared to the street, but I can say I have marveled at how much better a street ride the GS F is over the IS F, and when pushed on the track, or even the street, how much more competent the IS F is over the GS F at 8/10s or more.

F cars are not going to ride like the rest of Lexus's cars. If they did, they wouldn't be competent on the track.

If Lexus style ride quality is paramount, you really should look at something other than an F car.
Old 09-04-18, 01:35 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

OK I'm looking at several vehicles and probably need to post to talk myself in or out of some cars. I've been interested in a '17 because of the AVS; however, the lower prices of the '16s might make them too hard to pass up. I've test driven a '16 and an '18 in different months and didn't notice much of a difference in the suspension, but I might have been fooling myself. Here is what I'm looking at. Any thoughts?

2017 blue/red 300 miles never titled - $68K
2017 white/grey L/certified right under 15K miles - $62500 (southern car)
2016 silver/red L/certified right under 7K miles - $58500 (southern car)
2016 atomic/red L/certified 15K miles - $54750 (midwest car)

They all have the same options M/L, HUD, and Brembos. I've been leaning towards the silver/red car because my IS is currently white.... Of course money is an object!
Old 09-04-18, 03:59 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
That is not my impression at all. While I can't say I've driven a '17 or later, the ride on the '16 is far from hard/firm/crashy compared to my IS F or my Supra. The '08 IS F is well known for those complaints, and yes, it really does shine on the track compared to the street, but I can say I have marveled at how much better a street ride the GS F is over the IS F, and when pushed on the track, or even the street, how much more competent the IS F is over the GS F at 8/10s or more.

F cars are not going to ride like the rest of Lexus's cars. If they did, they wouldn't be competent on the track.

If Lexus style ride quality is paramount, you really should look at something other than an F car.
Sorry but I disagree. I just drove it 5 hours and I can confirm what others have said. It is harsh, firm and crashy. Fortunately, its easy (albeit not cheap) to fix.
Old 09-04-18, 04:00 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

OK I'm looking at several vehicles and probably need to post to talk myself in or out of some cars. I've been interested in a '17 because of the AVS; however, the lower prices of the '16s might make them too hard to pass up. I've test driven a '16 and an '18 in different months and didn't notice much of a difference in the suspension, but I might have been fooling myself. Here is what I'm looking at. Any thoughts?

2017 blue/red 300 miles never titled - $68K
2017 white/grey L/certified right under 15K miles - $62500 (southern car)
2016 silver/red L/certified right under 7K miles - $58500 (southern car)
2016 atomic/red L/certified 15K miles - $54750 (midwest car)

They all have the same options M/L, HUD, and Brembos. I've been leaning towards the silver/red car because my IS is currently white.... Of course money is an object!
Drive them back to back, and on normal roads (meaning bad asphalt) you'll notice the difference. Where's the '16 with 7K? Its a good price.
Old 09-04-18, 04:05 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Post pics when you pick it up.
https://www.sewelllexus-fortworth.co...-TX/3276871293

I must say that I was on the fence about the colors (gray exterior, lighter gray interior) but I think its perfect for a sleeper. The orange callipers though are still disgusting IMO. I'll see if I can swap them out for black, I think they'll look much better and will tie the car perfectly.

designo (09-04-18)
Old 09-04-18, 04:24 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

https://www.sewelllexus-fortworth.co...-TX/3276871293

I must say that I was on the fence about the colors (gray exterior, lighter gray interior) but I think its perfect for a sleeper. The orange callipers though are still disgusting IMO. I'll see if I can swap them out for black, I think they'll look much better and will tie the car perfectly.
Man that looks nice!
texaslexii (09-04-18)
Old 09-04-18, 04:28 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Drive them back to back, and on normal roads (meaning bad asphalt) you'll notice the difference. Where's the '16 with 7K? Its a good price.
Its in SC. Unfortunately there are no ‘16s and ‘17s together around me to drive. I’m relying on you to give me feedback.

so your our ride home was that bad?
Old 09-04-18, 04:42 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Its in SC. Unfortunately there are no ‘16s and ‘17s together around me to drive. I’m relying on you to give me feedback.
so your our ride home was that bad?
Ride was bad in some parts. DFW has major freeway construction (always), so it was super rough. I found a couple of interior rattles/panels rattling, the *beep beep, beep beep* when you lock/unlock isnt working (tech couldnt make it work, so techstream it is) and the rearview mirror is lose (moves back to front very easily, not sure if its normal).

They were missing the rear carpeted floor mats, so the sales manager said "sorry, I just ordered you a full new set, I'll ship it to you" and they will also send me v09 of the nav maps (SD card) as a sorry for the delays and missing all these details: "our tech who did the LCert dropped the ball, all these items should have been addressed before you took delivery".

Last edited by texaslexii; 09-06-18 at 06:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)