GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-18, 11:29 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
https://www.sewelllexus-fortworth.co...-TX/3276871293

I must say that I was on the fence about the colors (gray exterior, lighter gray interior) but I think its perfect for a sleeper. The orange callipers though are still disgusting IMO. I'll see if I can swap them out for black, I think they'll look much better and will tie the car perfectly.
I'd kill for that combo!
The following users liked this post:
texaslexii (09-07-18)
Old 09-05-18, 03:36 PM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

I must say that I was on the fence about the colors (gray exterior, lighter gray interior) but I think its perfect for a sleeper. The orange callipers though are still disgusting IMO. I'll see if I can swap them out for black, I think they'll look much better and will tie the car perfectly.
Looks good! Enjoy!
texaslexii (09-06-18)
Old 09-07-18, 12:29 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,076 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Sorry but I disagree. I just drove it 5 hours and I can confirm what others have said. It is harsh, firm and crashy. Fortunately, its easy (albeit not cheap) to fix.
Just curious, have you driven a real race car? What experience base are you coming from?

My wife complains incessantly about my IS F but loves her '16 GS F. That's why I ask.
texaslexii (09-12-18)
Old 09-12-18, 02:47 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Just curious, have you driven a real race car? What experience base are you coming from?

My wife complains incessantly about my IS F but loves her '16 GS F. That's why I ask.
Well, I'm a bit bittersweet at the moment. The rear shocks where leaking, very lightly, but leaking nonetheless so that's probably why they were crashy. They were replaced. They also repaired a lose panel (out of two), have an appointment to fix a lose/rattling rearview mirror, the other panel and they fixed a frayed wire that killed the *beep beep* noises (the mice strike again...from a year ago).

The selling dealer picked up the tab for the chewed wire(s), the warranty covered the shocks/struts, the lose panel and mirror. The selling dealer installed paint protection everywhere and the one from the hood is starting to lift. I asked if it is covered under lexus warranty or if its a dealer-only thing. I also was unsuccessful in upgrading the nav maps. Bought the latest card, followed the prompts on the car and I never got past the "swap SD cards <something or other>" stage, so I'm on the old 2015 maps still. Dealer says it should be plug and play but now the nav says "sd card error please see dealer" with the new card.

Hopefully, this will be it with repairs for a while.

Last edited by texaslexii; 09-12-18 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-12-18, 04:54 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I'm a bit bittersweet at the moment. The rear shocks where leaking, very lightly, but leaking nonetheless so that's probably why they were crashy. They were replaced. They also repaired a lose panel (out of two), have an appointment to fix a lose/rattling rearview mirror, the other panel and they fixed a frayed wire that killed the *beep beep* noises (the mice strike again...from a year ago).

The selling dealer picked up the tab for the chewed wire(s), the warranty covered the shocks/struts, the lose panel and mirror. The selling dealer installed paint protection everywhere and the one from the hood is starting to lift. I asked if it is covered under lexus warranty or if its a dealer-only thing. I also was unsuccessful in upgrading the nav maps. Bought the latest card, followed the prompts on the car and I never got past the "swap SD cards <something or other>" stage, so I'm on the old 2015 maps still. Dealer says it should be plug and play but now the nav says "sd card error please see dealer" with the new card.

Aaaahhh the dreaded mouse. Hope that’s the last of it.
Old 09-13-18, 10:43 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

If someone is still looking for one, this one started at 70, then dropped to 62, its now at 59

https://www.kunilexusofportland.com/...-OR/3257633263

Only thing its missing is HUD. I LOVE THAT RED, looks amazing
Old 09-13-18, 12:06 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,076 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Hopefully the same mouse didn't damage the wiring to the nav...There is nothing worse than mystery wiring issues. I had one of those on my Supra when it was about 12 years old and it took a very long troubleshooting day to find it. The fix took less than 10 seconds too.
Old 09-13-18, 02:48 PM
golfpunks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a gsf,, if any good deals on used ones are even know, ill be very interested. located in So cal but willing to travel for it
Old 09-13-18, 04:03 PM
crazych42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by golfpunks
I am looking for a gsf,, if any good deals on used ones are even know, ill be very interested. located in So cal but willing to travel for it
There are many good deals on 16s right now. Check cars.com and Autotrader and CarGurus. They have certified, non certified, low mileage, higher mileage and every color available. Most will even ship for a fee. If you’re looking for a 17 there is slim pickings.
Old 09-13-18, 05:20 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Hopefully the same mouse didn't damage the wiring to the nav...There is nothing worse than mystery wiring issues. I had one of those on my Supra when it was about 12 years old and it took a very long troubleshooting day to find it. The fix took less than 10 seconds too.
Having had a couple of saabs for over 5 years each, you're preaching to the choir. Electrical gremlins are the spawn of the devil...

Anywho, so far so good. Dealer replaced the SD card and maps now show 2017-6-1, and the latest I think are 2017-6-2, so I'm happy. I fixed one of the lose panels myself so the dealer will have to work on the lose/rattling rearview mirror and the other rattle on the front passenger side. After these two are done, the car will be 100%.

I'm loving the thing, just wanna add a little more like the novel headers, CKS or TOMS coilovers and replace the speakers with JL and I'll have a dream car.
Old 09-13-18, 05:21 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by golfpunks
See the link I posted for the one in Portland. Its a really good car with 2K and a 2017, for 60K you cant beat it even if it doesnt have hud. Shottenkirk Desert Lexus has a blue one but the paint is in rough shape, lots of scratches everywhere
Old 09-13-18, 09:51 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

See the link I posted for the one in Portland. Its a really good car with 2K and a 2017, for 60K you cant beat it even if it doesnt have hud. Shottenkirk Desert Lexus has a blue one but the paint is in rough shape, lots of scratches everywhere
It looks like a great deal. I checked the CarFax on the dealer's site and it looks like they replaced the front and rear brake pads. I wonder why at 2K? Unless to eliminate the brake squeal with the lower friction replacement pads. Was this a track car? Other than that, it really looks great. That's probably the best deal I've seen on a '17. Wish I didn't already have a '16 and wish it wasn't 3K miles from me (North Florida) Ha Ha!!
Thanks,
Old 09-14-18, 04:33 AM
crazych42
Pole Position

it looks like the Portland car is sold. It’s no longer on their site.
Old 09-14-18, 09:31 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crazych42
it looks like the Portland car is sold. It’s no longer on their site.
Probably was sent to wholesale auction. At 59,9, for a 2017, I was a steal
Old 09-14-18, 12:25 PM
golfpunks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help everyone,, I really considered the Portland one, at a great price,, but I wasn't sold on the color, prolly Any color but red and orange I am ok with..

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)