GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-19, 01:08 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for a 2019 GS350 RWD F Sport in Southern California. What is the best price I can do on a vehicle with MSRP of around $56,XXX? Is it possible to get 18% discount (discount plus $3000 July Rebate) or close to it in now ..i.e. around $10K off MSRP? What sort of pricing have you guys got in the past month?

By the way, I noticed that there are vey limited supply of these 2019 GS models available whether F sport or non F Sport. Were most of these sold out already or just low inventory of these from the beginning?
Old 07-05-19, 05:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,960 Likes on 2,399 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtrance
I'm in the market for a 2019 GS350 RWD F Sport in Southern California. What is the best price I can do on a vehicle with MSRP of around $56,XXX? Is it possible to get 18% discount (discount plus $3000 July Rebate) or close to it in now ..i.e. around $10K off MSRP? What sort of pricing have you guys got in the past month?

By the way, I noticed that there are vey limited supply of these 2019 GS models available whether F sport or non F Sport. Were most of these sold out already or just low inventory of these from the beginning?
You might want to try the other GS forum for this question. This forum isn't for F Sport anything. Only F cars.
Old 07-09-19, 06:36 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Lately I've since a price INCREASE on pre-owned '16's in SoCal. Many cars that were $51-$54k a few months ago are now being priced $55-$58k.

They seem to be moving pretty quick as well. The more desirable color combos only last abut a week. The exception would be matador mica - no one wants it, they sit forever!
Old 07-10-19, 07:58 AM
myclue
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

^ ^
I agree. Same situation going on in NJ/NY.
I'm actually going to test drive a MY16 today. will report back later today on pricing.
Old 07-10-19, 08:43 PM
stormhamme
Rookie

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Lately I've since a price INCREASE on pre-owned '16's in SoCal. Many cars that were $51-$54k a few months ago are now being priced $55-$58k.

They seem to be moving pretty quick as well. The more desirable color combos only last abut a week. The exception would be matador mica - no one wants it, they sit forever!
That kills me because I <3 Matador
Old 07-12-19, 01:45 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stormhamme
That kills me because I <3 Matador
I think an autotrader/cargurus there is one selling in San Francisco CA for $62k? They have a small ding on the front chrome fender

SF (2018)
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=229485529

Riverside (2016)
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=243643806
Old 07-18-19, 04:56 PM
JATLIFE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI: I just purchased a 2018 GSF (white/black) with just under 7K miles, Certified, for $64.5K before taxes/fees ($70K out the door with everything). I wanted a 17 or 18 for the adjustable suspension, wanted CPO because I intend on driving a lot of miles, and it had to be white on the outside and black on the inside... there were less than 10 in the entire county. Luckily this was in the San Diego area so I was able to see it, inspect it, buy it, and drive it back. Car is in immaculate condition -- definitely happy with the purchase. Thanks to the folks on clublexus; with this knowledge I was able to be a smarter shopper out there in the GSF market. Good luck to those still looking. The car is sweeeeeeeeeet.
The following users liked this post:
Dukeaudio (07-18-19)
Old 07-18-19, 07:02 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JATLIFE
FYI: I just purchased a 2018 GSF (white/black) with just under 7K miles, Certified, for $64.5K before taxes/fees ($70K out the door with everything). I wanted a 17 or 18 for the adjustable suspension, wanted CPO because I intend on driving a lot of miles, and it had to be white on the outside and black on the inside... there were less than 10 in the entire county. Luckily this was in the San Diego area so I was able to see it, inspect it, buy it, and drive it back. Car is in immaculate condition -- definitely happy with the purchase. Thanks to the folks on clublexus; with this knowledge I was able to be a smarter shopper out there in the GSF market. Good luck to those still looking. The car is sweeeeeeeeeet.
Congrats ! I was considering that car as well but decided to hold out for the exact color combo I'm after (Atomic/red/OW). Enjoy it !
JATLIFE (07-19-19)
Old 07-19-19, 03:08 PM
JATLIFE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Congrats ! I was considering that car as well but decided to hold out for the exact color combo I'm after (Atomic/red/OW). Enjoy it !
Thank you! Two clarifications from my earlier post; I meant country instead of county, and I drove it from El Cajon (San Diego) to the Bay Area. Got 26MPG with 80-85mph speeds and some traffic in a few areas in LA. Since then, it's at around 21/22 in mixed driving -- I must say, I'm happy with the mileage thus far.

One thing that I look for when searching for GSFs was to ask about the condition of not only the usual (body dents/scratches, curb rash, interior blemishes, anything at all), but to specifically ask for the front bumper lower spoiler lip and a picture of that. A lot of the ones I saw online were damaged/cracked, which to me was a sign about the previous driver. The more damaged ones I saw drove me in the direction of this one.
IMAGINTHAT (07-19-19)
Old 07-19-19, 04:07 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Thank you! Two clarifications from my earlier post; I meant country instead of county, and I drove it from El Cajon (San Diego) to the Bay Area. Got 26MPG with 80-85mph speeds and some traffic in a few areas in LA. Since then, it's at around 21/22 in mixed driving -- I must say, I'm happy with the mileage thus far.

One thing that I look for when searching for GSFs was to ask about the condition of not only the usual (body dents/scratches, curb rash, interior blemishes, anything at all), but to specifically ask for the front bumper lower spoiler lip and a picture of that. A lot of the ones I saw online were damaged/cracked, which to me was a sign about the previous driver. The more damaged ones I saw drove me in the direction of this one.
I did the same. That lip is a curb seeker. I normally back into spots but when i don’t i’ve come within mm quite a few times. And when i think i’m safe, i’m about 2’ away. Yup, thats me getting in and out, curb checking. I’ll zero in my distances eventually.
Old 07-19-19, 06:02 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

I'm the exact same way. I haven't seen a pre-owned one yet that doesn't have a few chips in it and I have seen a few that were really rough and even one that the dealer just wrapped with a cheap overlay because the lip wasn't presentable and they didn't want to replace it. Now I'm really kicking myself for not buying new when there were in the high 60's early last year as I would have clear bra'd it from day one.
Old 07-19-19, 06:33 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
I did the same. That lip is a curb seeker. I normally back into spots but when i don’t i’ve come within mm quite a few times. And when i think i’m safe, i’m about 2’ away. Yup, thats me getting in and out, curb checking. I’ll zero in my distances eventually.
Ditto. That’s me too. Get in and out to check. Ha ha.
Old 07-20-19, 01:04 PM
HENS47
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just picked up a 2016 Nebula Grey exterior light interior GSF with 20K miles for $50K plus TTL from CarMax; ended up getting the extended warranty for $1500 too so I'm covered up until 100K miles or 6 years, which I thought wasn't a bad deal. Love the car so far- think it will be a keeper.
Heads up for those still looking, before I made the purchase at CarMax, I ended up going to Newport Lexus (CA) and looked at a reportedly newly off-lease White exterior/black interior 2016 GSF with orange calipers with 5-6K miles that was just posted on CarGurus, They said an older lady just turned it in the night before- the low milage was attractive but I got there before they cleaned it up for Lexus Certification and man it was rough. Light scrapes on bilateral fenders that probably can be polished out, a dime sized ding on the rear quarter panel, and it looked like the previous owner either backed up or was hit in the back so the rear bumper has two parallel vertical dings and she also cracked the CF spoiler. The right rear wheel well also had a portion of the covering that was loosened and sticking out, not sure what happened there- but I offered them 60K plus TTL and they accepted, but the deal fell apart when I said I would put down a 3K deposit and showed them pre-approved financing from my credit union for $60K (could have asked for more but was going to put down 20K via cashiers check) and they wanted me to complete a credit application ("we won't run your credit, but just fill out this form!") and wanted me to go through the dealer paperwork before they completed all the repairs. I might have done it if I had found the Sales Manager (Fred Mahjoob) more trustworthy and less condescending (he came into finance yelling "WHAT HAPPENED I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SIGN?!?"). I think if you are looking for a low mile 2016, this one might be nice but I would wait until they repair it (they said they would repair, not replace the bumper, and would not replace the CF spoiler, so you know its the same car if there's a sizable crack in the spoiler). They accepted 60K without any back/forth, so I think that they will go lower FWIW. Happy hunting everyone
IMAGINTHAT (07-20-19)
Old 07-20-19, 01:15 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

@ HENS47 - thanks for posting that up! I saw they listed it for an eye popping $68k which is a complete joke!

Cracked CF lip with only 5k miles is a big indicator of how it was treated.
HENS47 (07-21-19)
Old 07-20-19, 02:08 PM
HENS47
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No worries- new to the forum but thought I would post now that I am an Lexus owner again (had a 2009 IS 250 before so the GSF is a step up haha). Yeah if you check out that unit, keep an eye out for that spoiler crack- it wasn't small. Same with the rear passenger wheel well damage. I didn't actually spot the CF damage at first but when the sale manager came in, and said "WE CAN DO $60K BUT WE AREN"T REPLACING THE SPOILER!" I looked at him and said, what do you mean, what's wrong with the spoiler? The look on his face while he processed what he just inadvertently disclosed was priceless
IMAGINTHAT (07-20-19)

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)