GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-19, 08:51 AM
myclue
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes. Bridgewater Lexus. Great dealer. Had a positive experience.
Went in, looked at car , negotiated price, test drove, paper work in about 80 mins. In and out, that's how i like it
Old 08-14-19, 08:40 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i saw this pop up and was planning to check out on the weekend. I like that color combo and i think it was a pretty aggressive price. Congrats on the pickup post some pics! my hunt continues. i am sort of taking it easy check if the 2017 are nearing the 50s mark
\
Originally Posted by myclue
Yes. Bridgewater Lexus. Great dealer. Had a positive experience.
Went in, looked at car , negotiated price, test drove, paper work in about 80 mins. In and out, that's how i like it
Old 08-23-19, 05:14 PM
cupnoodles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Lately I've since a price INCREASE on pre-owned '16's in SoCal. Many cars that were $51-$54k a few months ago are now being priced $55-$58k.

They seem to be moving pretty quick as well. The more desirable color combos only last abut a week. The exception would be matador mica - no one wants it, they sit forever!
Visited Lexus of Riverside today and made a deal on the outdoor price for 55k for that redmica with them . At the end they regretted and said that they couldn’t take my cash or cashier check because of my lack of SSN. Ok then...
Old 08-23-19, 10:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^^^Hmm, I'm in Arizona and bought an LC for cash at the end of June. I bought the car in Nebraska and drove it home. They took a personal check. They never asked for my SSN. If they had, I would have refused, I don't give that information over the phone. Don't understand your situation

What's the "outdoor price"

Lou
Old 08-24-19, 12:47 AM
cupnoodles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Hmm, I'm in Arizona and bought an LC for cash at the end of June. I bought the car in Nebraska and drove it home. They took a personal check. They never asked for my SSN. If they had, I would have refused, I don't give that information over the phone. Don't understand your situation

What's the "outdoor price"

Lou
I guess that they just regretted making an offer for 55k. Sorry for the typo. I meant "OTD price".
Old 08-24-19, 05:58 PM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at a 2018 Demo GS-F untitled and being sold as brand new. It has a little 4K miles on it. White with black interior, was offered it at low 70k OTD. They originally came at me with a 78k OTD price.

Does it seem like a decent deal?
Old 08-24-19, 07:20 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Crafty408
Looking at a 2018 Demo GS-F untitled and being sold as brand new. It has a little 4K miles on it. White with black interior, was offered it at low 70k OTD. They originally came at me with a 78k OTD price.

Does it seem like a decent deal?
This deal would get my attention if third party Pre Purchase Inspection showed excellent condition (paint depth, pad/rotor thickness, etc).
Old 08-24-19, 08:30 PM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
This deal would get my attention if third party Pre Purchase Inspection showed excellent condition (paint depth, pad/rotor thickness, etc).
What is the purpose of having the paint depth checked? Is there paint issues with the car?
Old 08-25-19, 03:16 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

What is the purpose of having the paint depth checked? Is there paint issues with the car?
Variations in paint depth possible indicator of paint blending, that was done to hide/repair damage.
Old 08-25-19, 06:51 AM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
Variations in paint depth possible indicator of paint blending, that was done to hide/repair damage.
Thank you for the information.
Old 08-25-19, 02:03 PM
JATLIFE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Crafty408 (San Jose? I grew up there, and live in the Bay Area still), hope this helps: last month I purchased a 2018 GSF, previous owner had it for 6 months, 6,900 miles, certified pre-owned, same color combo (no orange calipers), fully loaded, in impeccable condition for $64.5K (I don't remember what my exact OTD price was, but I'm guessing around 71). What is the price before taxes? Is it certified? Check the wheels for curb rash, check the front grille at the bottom (carbon fiber portion) for damage, inspect the body/paint, the carfax, etc. Hope that helps and good luck -- awesome ride!
Old 08-25-19, 02:22 PM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JATLIFE
Hey Crafty408 (San Jose? I grew up there, and live in the Bay Area still), hope this helps: last month I purchased a 2018 GSF, previous owner had it for 6 months, 6,900 miles, certified pre-owned, same color combo (no orange calipers), fully loaded, in impeccable condition for $64.5K (I don't remember what my exact OTD price was, but I'm guessing around 71). What is the price before taxes? Is it certified? Check the wheels for curb rash, check the front grille at the bottom (carbon fiber portion) for damage, inspect the body/paint, the carfax, etc. Hope that helps and good luck -- awesome ride!
Yup, living in San Jose. I haven't seen the cost before T&L, I should have that information next week. Because the vehicle was never titled, it sold as brand new. All new car warranties are in place from the date of purchase. I have gotten close up photos of the front lip spoiler and the rear spoiler. There is two small rock chips on the front bumper which the dealer will repair before taking ownership, since the vehicle is being sold as brand new, there shouldn't be any rock chips at all. I plan on flying out to inspect the vehicle prior to completing the purchase. Carfax is clean, I am getting an updated one, just in case something has been reported since the last time they ran it.

I have missed out on a few extremely low mileage cars and so once I have put my deposit down, I will post the dealer and photos of the vehicle up for feedback from the forum.

Thank you for your story and price. Where was your 2018 purchased from?
Old 08-25-19, 02:46 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^^^To really see all that has been done by the dealer, go here:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/

Register the VIN, and search for "Service History"

Any work, even body work, will be recorded there. More accurate than Carfax. Since it's been dealer owned since new, the record will be complete.

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
Crafty408 (08-25-19), JATLIFE (08-25-19)
Old 08-25-19, 02:56 PM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^To really see all that has been done by the dealer, go here:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/

Register the VIN, and search for "Service History"

Any work, even body work, will be recorded there. More accurate than Carfax. Since it's been dealer owned since new, the record will be complete.

Lou
Lou, Thank you very much that is great information.

Alan
Old 08-25-19, 05:00 PM
JATLIFE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup, living in San Jose. I haven't seen the cost before T&L, I should have that information next week. Because the vehicle was never titled, it sold as brand new. All new car warranties are in place from the date of purchase. I have gotten close up photos of the front lip spoiler and the rear spoiler. There is two small rock chips on the front bumper which the dealer will repair before taking ownership, since the vehicle is being sold as brand new, there shouldn't be any rock chips at all. I plan on flying out to inspect the vehicle prior to completing the purchase. Carfax is clean, I am getting an updated one, just in case something has been reported since the last time they ran it.

I have missed out on a few extremely low mileage cars and so once I have put my deposit down, I will post the dealer and photos of the vehicle up for feedback from the forum.

Thank you for your story and price. Where was your 2018 purchased from?
I dug up the receipt and I purchased it for $70,029.73, OTD ($64,476 before taxes/fees); I bought it from Lexus El Cajon (flew there and drove it back) six weeks ago. The reason I was asking about the warranty is that if it was certified, my understanding is that you still have the remaining warranty, and when that expires you receive an additional two year, unlimited mileage warranty, plus a couple more oil changes (I think).

Now that you mention the rock chips, I did have one near the headlight that the dealer was up front about and was going to repair, but when I picked it up it was done poorly. The rest of the car was great, so I bought it. It was re-touched up prior to me getting it clear wrapped, and now I never notice (and I'm pretty ****/OCD when it comes to these types of things). Suffice to say, a minor chip or two is not something that should sway you. Every other used GSF I saw online was in worse shape (I narrowed down my selection to 2017+, white exterior/black interior, and no orange calipers was my preference), and since there are so few out there, I pounced. It sounds like the price/condition is at or close to the sweet spot for you, but I'm not sure if this is the exact color combo you want like it was for me (there were less than 10 in the country that met the year/color restrictions I had, and most of those had orange calipers), and I'm also not sure if you have to travel far to check it out. Which dealership is It at? I may have spoken to them when I was in the market. You can email me at goraiders2k5@gmail.com if you want me to check.

Regardless, sorry for the long-winded response, but I hope the information helps form your decision -- best of luck!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)