GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-19, 08:57 AM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am heading out today to check out a 2018 GSF at Metro Lexus. Hopefully it looks as good in person as it has in the photos they have been sending me. If all goes well I will be picking it up and having it shipped back to California.
Old 09-06-19, 06:20 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Crafty408
I am heading out today to check out a 2018 GSF at Metro Lexus. Hopefully it looks as good in person as it has in the photos they have been sending me. If all goes well I will be picking it up and having it shipped back to California.
Sooo.....how did it go ?
Old 09-06-19, 10:11 PM
Crafty408
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Sooo.....how did it go ?
It went well, the car has been purchased and will be shipped to me next week.
The following users liked this post:
Dukeaudio (09-06-19)
Old 09-07-19, 07:48 AM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Crafty408
It went well, the car has been purchased and will be shipped to me next week.
Congrats! What are the specs on it ? Feel free to post some photos too!
Old 09-24-19, 06:21 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Lexus of Toledo ask for Jason 2016 USB CPO GSF 8k Miles

As the title says, if anyone is in the market for a good deal on an Ultrasonic Blue / black interior 2016 GSF reach out to Jason at Lexus of Toledo.

He offered me a great price on the car but I didn’t want a blue GSF.
It has 8k miles CPO one owner local trade in. Garage kept.
It has an impeccable service history (I checked on Lexus drivers).

Some of these cpo GSF have a pretty sordid service history and/or prior ownership but I’d highly recommend this car to anyone in the market.
Tell him you saw this posted on club Lexus and I’m sure he’ll give you a good deal.
Old 09-25-19, 12:53 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom44
As the title says, if anyone is in the market for a good deal on an Ultrasonic Blue / black interior 2016 GSF reach out to Jason at Lexus of Toledo.

He offered me a great price on the car but I didn’t want a blue GSF.
It has 8k miles CPO one owner local trade in. Garage kept.
It has an impeccable service history (I checked on Lexus drivers).

Some of these cpo GSF have a pretty sordid service history and/or prior ownership but I’d highly recommend this car to anyone in the market.
Tell him you saw this posted on club Lexus and I’m sure he’ll give you a good deal.
I'm curious as to what he offered you? I had them look for that EXACT same car, but they couldn't find anything. So I took it upon myself to do the search and found what I was looking for. I'm sure it'll sell at some point, but the season for driving a nice whip is almost up here in Ohio...
Old 09-25-19, 02:30 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MrFuso
I'm curious as to what he offered you? I had them look for that EXACT same car, but they couldn't find anything. So I took it upon myself to do the search and found what I was looking for. I'm sure it'll sell at some point, but the season for driving a nice whip is almost up here in Ohio...
I told the guy I wouldn’t say the price but just call him and negotiate it to what you think is a doable number, that’s what I did but couldn’t do the blue color.

As as a point of reference I thought the Lexus of Greenwich car (white red w/ 6900 miles for $53k) that sold a few weeks ago was a great price). that is my yardstick for pricing on a GSF. I wouldn’t pay more than $54k for a cpo GSF w/ 5 to 10k miles.

IMO $65k to $68k is the right price for a new 2017-2018 GSF.

W/o TTL obv
Old 09-25-19, 02:56 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I told the guy I wouldn’t say the price but just call him and negotiate it to what you think is a doable number, that’s what I did but couldn’t do the blue color.

As as a point of reference I thought the Lexus of Greenwich car (white red w/ 6900 miles for $53k) that sold a few weeks ago was a great price). that is my yardstick for pricing on a GSF. I wouldn’t pay more than $54k for a cpo GSF w/ 5 to 10k miles.

IMO $65k to $68k is the right price for a new 2017-2018 GSF.

W/o TTL obv
I bought my 2016 GS F with ~8,000 miles for $53K cash last year around this time. One owner, all service work done, fuel pump, etc. Had extended warranty and wheel warranty all good through 2022 I believe, I'd have to look at my paper work. I'd say that CPO at $53 is a bit high, if buddy wanted to sell it, they should try to get $50K for it.
Old 09-25-19, 03:07 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MrFuso
I bought my 2016 GS F with ~8,000 miles for $53K cash last year around this time. One owner, all service work done, fuel pump, etc. Had extended warranty and wheel warranty all good through 2022 I believe, I'd have to look at my paper work. I'd say that CPO at $53 is a bit high, if buddy wanted to sell it, they should try to get $50K for it.
Often it’s also a matter of what you’re getting on a trade. Like I said, Jason at Lexus of Toledo is a stand up salesman and if someone is interested they should reach out for, what I think, could be a good deal on a car. That is if someone is in the market for an unmolested 2016 CPO GSF.

I’m not negotiating a price on his behalf just putting the word out.
Old 09-27-19, 09:00 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I had a bad experience there- infact it was horrible..

I inquired about a certified GX460 car that the dealer was selling for 42500. I send the information over on 10/30 and asked for more pictures. 10/31 i received pictures and booked to take a flight over and pick up the car on weekend. 11/1 i was told that the price they had was a mistake and they can't honor it; its 47654 now. I talked with Jason Kehoe was told that the pricing was a mistake due to a 3rd party they use. The price I saw before was priced online and also had paper the tags that were placed in the car. I have a feeling since the new month started the sales target are placed and the price was adjusted.

was not expecting this sort of experience from a Lexus dealer. I have bought many Lexus cars never had a experience where the price was adjusted as soon there was an interest shown by the customer. The car was at that price for few days and suddenly changed after the inquiry and possible sale and a new month. i ended up buying a GX460 elsewhere

Often it’s also a matter of what you’re getting on a trade. Like I said, Jason at Lexus of Toledo is a stand up salesman and if someone is interested they should reach out for, what I think, could be a good deal on a car. That is if someone is in the market for an unmolested 2016 CPO GSF.

I’m not negotiating a price on his behalf just putting the word out.
Old 09-28-19, 12:55 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UZ214
I had a bad experience there- infact it was horrible..

I inquired about a certified GX460 car that the dealer was selling for 42500. I send the information over on 10/30 and asked for more pictures. 10/31 i received pictures and booked to take a flight over and pick up the car on weekend. 11/1 i was told that the price they had was a mistake and they can't honor it; its 47654 now. I talked with Jason Kehoe was told that the pricing was a mistake due to a 3rd party they use. The price I saw before was priced online and also had paper the tags that were placed in the car. I have a feeling since the new month started the sales target are placed and the price was adjusted.

was not expecting this sort of experience from a Lexus dealer. I have bought many Lexus cars never had a experience where the price was adjusted as soon there was an interest shown by the customer. The car was at that price for few days and suddenly changed after the inquiry and possible sale and a new month. i ended up buying a GX460 elsewhere
That sucks man, I would be livid if that happened to me.
Old 09-30-19, 03:22 PM
hillsnow
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Everyone!

I apologize for the late post but I purchased an L/Certified 2017 GS-F (Atomic Silver / Circuit Red) from Lexus of Towson Maryland back in mid-April. At the time, the dealership had 3 GS-F's I believe. The one I was interested in was smoky granite mica (I think that was the color name) with a red interior. I decided not to go with this one because the interior had not been kept up as well as the one I ended up purchasing and the sound system sounded a little funky to me. In addition, the engine had been replaced due to a problem with the crank.

I purchased mine with very low miles at 4,564. The previous owner was an older gentleman who the Lexus Sales Manager said frequently switched Lexus models (LS's and GS's), hence the low miles.
They had just lowered the price some and I purchased it at a cash price of $61,985. After taxes and fees it was $65,319. I was able to get a 1.9% APR through Toyota Financial after putting $30,000 down. That was even lower than my credit union was offering. I currently pay $618 a month or so for 5 years but will pay it off sooner most likely.

I was not able to get them to lower the price, especially since they had just lowered it a few days before. I wasn't going to cry over a few thousand, especially considering it was a great color combo and the interior was in mint condition with very low mileage. I was able to get some free all-weather mats at least! I am very happy with the car and am glad I waited until I found the right one for me. Let me know what you guys think about the deal I got and best of luck to those searching for their new GS F. My recommendation is to be patient and make sure to get EXACTLY what you want -- don't settle on a certain color or year just because it has popped up. Thank you!
Old 09-30-19, 06:18 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hillsnow
Hi Everyone!

I apologize for the late post but I purchased an L/Certified 2017 GS-F (Atomic Silver / Circuit Red) from Lexus of Towson Maryland back in mid-April. At the time, the dealership had 3 GS-F's I believe. The one I was interested in was smoky granite mica (I think that was the color name) with a red interior. I decided not to go with this one because the interior had not been kept up as well as the one I ended up purchasing and the sound system sounded a little funky to me. In addition, the engine had been replaced due to a problem with the crank.

I purchased mine with very low miles at 4,564. The previous owner was an older gentleman who the Lexus Sales Manager said frequently switched Lexus models (LS's and GS's), hence the low miles.
They had just lowered the price some and I purchased it at a cash price of $61,985. After taxes and fees it was $65,319. I was able to get a 1.9% APR through Toyota Financial after putting $30,000 down. That was even lower than my credit union was offering. I currently pay $618 a month or so for 5 years but will pay it off sooner most likely.

I was not able to get them to lower the price, especially since they had just lowered it a few days before. I wasn't going to cry over a few thousand, especially considering it was a great color combo and the interior was in mint condition with very low mileage. I was able to get some free all-weather mats at least! I am very happy with the car and am glad I waited until I found the right one for me. Let me know what you guys think about the deal I got and best of luck to those searching for their new GS F. My recommendation is to be patient and make sure to get EXACTLY what you want -- don't settle on a certain color or year just because it has popped up. Thank you!
Thanks for your input. THE exact spec I am looking for (+'17/Atomic/Red). I would say you got a pretty good deal as most were mid 60k's back then, and being L-Cert helps as well. Post up some pics when you can!
The following users liked this post:
hillsnow (09-30-19)
Old 09-30-19, 06:27 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by hillsnow
Hi Everyone!

Ah, Lexus of Towson, where I got my GSF from. The GSF's I see there go quick for some reason.
Old 09-30-19, 06:42 PM
hillsnow
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I put some pics up on the other page! @IMAGINTHAT

Yeah it seems like Lexus of Towson has more GS F's come through than other dealerships @TrevorR . They have a nice dealership -- nicer than the ones in northern virginia in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)