GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-20, 07:41 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Is there anyone in the market for a new GSF?

I’ve been looking for a clean/low mileage 2018+ model for a while to replace my 2016 atomic silver/red GSF with 30k miles. The search has been disappointing; the ones that have been cared for aren’t my favorite colors and most cars I find online nowadays are no better than mine in terms of condition.

The problem is, none of the dealers I’ve spoken with is willing to take more than $12k off the MSRP. Some are not even willing to go lower than the current $5k discount from Lexus. This is definitely a far cry from the $20k off the sticker price many of us benefitted from back in 2016-2017. That said, does anyone know of any dealer that’s willing to sell a 2020 GSF for less than $77k?

Since the GSF is being discontinued, I am not sure if I should take my chance by holding out a little longer. Any thoughts?

Jon
I've noticed prices jumping a little bit bc of COVID "bubble" and may still be settling. Was debating trading in my '16 w/ 18k miles which has fluctuated between $43k to $48k as a trade (based on vroom/carvana offers and dealer trade in) between May to July.

That being said, I do think the GSF will settle in the mid to high $40k range with 20-40k miles. Higher mileage cars will drop down to Low $40k to High $30k.

I think the sweet spot for the car is a 2017/2018 car with 5-10k miles for $50-55k.

As a point of reference I bought a 2016 Red/black with 8k miles in 2019 for $51k. It was Lexus owned, never titled car with in-service date of Sept. 2018.

So...to answer your question, I would wait for the right price, and I don't think prices will be going up. You may have better luck in the winter. Also decide if you want the fixed dampeners or adjustable, may help narrow down your search to specific model years. I'd also check the service history of the car, there were a bunch of vehicles that I came across when i was searching that had sordid service histories, cheap tires on low mileage cars, 5k miles between brake services (signs that the car was driven hard).
Old 08-20-20, 04:33 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

ALMOST picked one up yesterday.

2016 with 32k miles. Lexus Certified, came with either a 5-6 year complete warranty w/unlimited miles, and 2 years all scheduled maintenance included. Price was around $54k. Blue exterior very pretty. Interior was nice because it was white and black. I can't stand the all red interior and I won't own a vehicle with all black interior as it's too plain. Really thought this would be the one, local at the dealer where my wife bought her NX a couple years back. Previous owner was a smoker, and smoked IN the car...smfh. So the interior smelled like cigarettes. Apparently it already had one interior treatment, and they are sending the car somewhere to get another treatment done to it. Complete deal breaker... no way getting that smell out of the car, not even with an ozone generator. It still blows my mind people smoke let alone in the f'ing vehicle. I get if ya have a **** box but a GSF...come on :-(

Perhaps another day.

-Nigel
Old 08-20-20, 01:51 PM
Mazderati
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamG
A new 2020 GS F can be had for $75K but there are very few left these days. Since the beginning of June, the available CPO and new GS F advertisements have dropped dramatically.
Have you actually received a recent quote for $75k OTD? If so, do you mind disclosing what dealership?
Old 08-20-20, 10:09 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazderati
Have you actually received a recent quote for $75k OTD? If so, do you mind disclosing what dealership?
PM me and I’ll provide more info. It is not OTD but plus TTL.
Old 08-26-20, 06:01 PM
Marcus003
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
ALMOST picked one up yesterday.

2016 with 32k miles. Lexus Certified, came with either a 5-6 year complete warranty w/unlimited miles, and 2 years all scheduled maintenance included. Price was around $54k. Blue exterior very pretty. Interior was nice because it was white and black. I can't stand the all red interior and I won't own a vehicle with all black interior as it's too plain. Really thought this would be the one, local at the dealer where my wife bought her NX a couple years back. Previous owner was a smoker, and smoked IN the car...smfh. So the interior smelled like cigarettes. Apparently it already had one interior treatment, and they are sending the car somewhere to get another treatment done to it. Complete deal breaker... no way getting that smell out of the car, not even with an ozone generator. It still blows my mind people smoke let alone in the f'ing vehicle. I get if ya have a **** box but a GSF...come on :-(

Perhaps another day.

-Nigel

Did you end up buying? I noticed that this one is marked as sold on carfax.com today. I live near Pohanka lexus and considered that one a few months back but I felt price was high.
Old 08-27-20, 05:26 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Marcus003
Did you end up buying? I noticed that this one is marked as sold on carfax.com today. I live near Pohanka lexus and considered that one a few months back but I felt price was high.
The car came back this week and Daniel sent my wife a text message stating that the interior still smelled like cigarettes. Even after the 2nd interior treatment. That's a hard pass for me. I can't stand cigarettes or the smell. That **** is IN the car, and isn't coming out...lol. Plus after researching some more you are 100% right, they were priced high. I was looking online and found several that were very similar with lower mileage priced at the same or below. The only thing that really was awesome with the blue one was the white interior. I feel like the white interior is a rare option.

Oh well, there will be others.

-Nigel
Old 08-27-20, 10:57 AM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

My brother got a used car with cigarette smell. Steam cleaned the carpeting and like 10 bottles of febreze and left the windows open forever. Still had a lingering scent.
Old 08-28-20, 09:03 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Here you go guys, just as a point of reference. I reluctantly came to the conclusion to sell my GSF. With a new job of 100% Telework, three vehicles, and no reason to drive other than the weekends, I wanted it to go to someone who can drive it more. I bought mine in OCT 2017 with 9K miles and only has 22,250 miles now, a garage queen. Non-smoker, no dings/dents, all maintenance, with Apexi midpipe, K&N air filter, and RR racing front bushings. I put it on Car Gurus and Craig's list for 51K Tuesday this week and finalize the sale yesterday for full price. Could not be happier with the buyer who said he had been lurking for a GSF for 2 years. He also said that when he saw my car, he could not bring himself to even try lowering the price. I know it went to an owner who will take care of it and drive it more.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Last edited by Autobacs; 08-28-20 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-28-20, 10:32 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Definitely a great car!
Old 09-13-20, 09:50 AM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been looking on the market for a used one (white Ext black int) and they are like unicorns almost impossible to fine only ones that come up are red ones and recently came across a new one and I need thoughts on this dealer saying that these prices are the lowest prices they can offer
Old 09-13-20, 10:03 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

My dealer via an email offered to buy my 18 for $50k and sell me a new one for $78, so I think you can do better. The one caveat is my dealer isnt showing any new ones for sale!
Old 09-13-20, 10:17 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Fatbarney
My dealer via an email offered to buy my 18 for $50k and sell me a new one for $78, so I think you can do better. The one caveat is my dealer isnt showing any new ones for sale!
how many miles on your GSF?

Last edited by Tom44; 09-13-20 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-13-20, 10:39 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom44
how many miles on your GSF?
Only 7270 miles. Atomic Silver/Black, fully loaded. I've casually entertained selling it, so if someone wants to make me an offer I cant refuse!
Old 09-13-20, 12:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by asiandavid
Been looking on the market for a used one (white Ext black int) and they are like unicorns almost impossible to fine only ones that come up are red ones and recently came across a new one and I need thoughts on this dealer saying that these prices are the lowest prices they can offer
What's the Monroney The dealer has posted what he thinks market prices are, but neglected to post the sticker.

Lou
Old 09-13-20, 12:13 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Fatbarney
Only 7270 miles. Atomic Silver/Black, fully loaded. I've casually entertained selling it, so if someone wants to make me an offer I cant refuse!
if you got offered $50k for your 2018 w/ 7270 miles you’re getting massively low balled.

a 2016 w/ 10-25k miles should be $50-55k.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)