GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-20, 01:53 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatbarney
My dealer via an email offered to buy my 18 for $50k and sell me a new one for $78, so I think you can do better. The one caveat is my dealer isnt showing any new ones for sale!
is that 78 out the door or before tax?
Old 09-13-20, 02:09 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flowrider
What's the Monroney The dealer has posted what he thinks market prices are, but neglected to post the sticker.

Lou
sorry is this what your looking for

Old 09-13-20, 02:18 PM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by asiandavid
is that 78 out the door or before tax?
it was before tax, title, etc. My point was I dont think it was legit anyway as they didnt have any cars to sell.
Old 09-13-20, 02:30 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

They could do a dealer trade. Tho not sure why you'd want to spend that kind of spread. That's exotic level dollars/mile.
Old 09-14-20, 10:27 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Originally Posted by asiandavid
sorry is this what your looking for
$5K off Monroney is probably OK on a car that will only become rarer. I did a search and saw that there my be about new 40 GSFs in the US. You may want to do a search and call a couple of dealers. I'm in AZ and when I was buying my LC, I couldn't find the car I wanted locally, so I searched and found a few cars out of state that met my criteria. I ended up making a deal with Lexus of Lincoln in Nebraska. A friend and I flew out after thew car and and drove it home. Took us 20½ hrs

Lou
Old 09-15-20, 10:42 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

So just got another letter. Looks like buy new for $79,613 which includes tax. Note that for the trade I dont they accounted for miles. No way I would do this as no meaningful reason to upgrade and I would think my cars value starts with the number 6.
Old 09-16-20, 03:43 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

must be great drive, I found a gsf with the same dealer earlier last year but I gave up on the idea on driving across USA to pick it up. They had a certified 2018 with less than 3k miles in the mid 60s. The manger was a good guy to work with though. They offered to take me out for lunch and pick up from airport.
Originally Posted by flowrider
$5K off Monroney is probably OK on a car that will only become rarer. I did a search and saw that there my be about new 40 GSFs in the US. You may want to do a search and call a couple of dealers. I'm in AZ and when I was buying my LC, I couldn't find the car I wanted locally, so I searched and found a few cars out of state that met my criteria. I ended up making a deal with Lexus of Lincoln in Nebraska. A friend and I flew out after thew car and and drove it home. Took us 20½ hrs

Lou
Old 09-17-20, 09:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^They did pick me up at the airport - But No Lunch However, the dealer experience was GREAT to deal with I negotiated over the phone and they took a personal check. There were absolutely no adders and no pressure to purchase anything else. I only dealt with one guy while I was there. They also gave me temp plates to get home.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
UZ214 (09-18-20)
Old 09-30-20, 12:16 PM
ZFreak
5th Gear

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Long time lurker here - Still looking for the right one here too. I'm in Texas and the ones I've looked at all look REALLY beat up even with low miles - either smoked in, cheap replacement tires, or needing brakes already (again 5-10k miles from new).
Old 10-03-20, 06:28 AM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFreak
Long time lurker here - Still looking for the right one here too. I'm in Texas and the ones I've looked at all look REALLY beat up even with low miles - either smoked in, cheap replacement tires, or needing brakes already (again 5-10k miles from new).
Hang in there - it can be a long and exhaustive search but the right one will come your way !
Old 10-03-20, 08:46 PM
pmf
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I signed on to this forum a few years back as a 1998 GS400 owner but had been following this thread since April this year when I decided I need another Lexus to keep the Lexus tradition/quality going. For varieties of reasons from the pandemics to the discontinuation of the GS line turned my attention to the GSF. Yes, BMW, Audi & MB's may give better performance but the quirks and gremlins in those cars were frequent and incredible with outrageous repair/maintenance bills. My 1988 GS400 has 95000 miles, running great with everything including the Nakamichi cassette deck operational. I had the usual wear and tear work done to the car from fuel injectors, timing belts, rack & pinion, shocks, struts, brakes and tires replaced to now the GS400 is my daily working car. It runs quick, quiet, powerful & solid. In fact the GSF delivery guy was actually more interested in my GS400 while delivering my 2018 GSF by end of May

I started my GSF search around late April over multiple websites from EBay, CarGuru, Cars,com & the local dealers. Most of the online cars are under multiple company listings. My target vehicle range was 2018 mid $50k to 2019 mid/low $60k give & take other amenities from low mileage, CPO and geographic where I can actually inspect/test drive the vehicle. Of course I did use all the available resources from Carfax to Lexus Driver trying to squeeze every bit of info especially from those out of town prospects. I actually tested rode a $69K 2019 w/ 900 mi at the local dealer but feeling was the price difference was too far apart. Turned out they sold the car about 2 weeks later to a local business owner for almost the asking price. At that time I also saw two of my other out of town prospects lowering prices and getting close to transaction. By the end of May, after watching an EBay auction posting for a white 2018 GSF with 8400 miles and CPO gradually coming down in price even though several previous auctions did not meet the reserve of $62K I felt like this should be the move as I had read the same car listed on other site hence knowing what it's reserve is and called up the manager Eric for a buy it now price of $58K to end the auction at the time was up to $54K. The dealer was Sewell Lexus & the transaction was smooth include shipping the car 400 miles to where I am for $200
The following 3 users liked this post by pmf:
1A1 (10-03-20), 1wacko (01-19-21), madmantwo (10-04-20)
Old 10-04-20, 12:06 PM
pmf
Driver School Candidate

Funny thing was the EBay seller listing did not mention much about the audio system & I figured it has to be the basic 222w ML system but after checking the Lexus Driver spec on my car I then realized it was the upgraded premium surround system which would bump the car price up for an extra 1.3K.

Right now for folks that are still looking, I see that car guru has the most listings but mostly are close to new 19 or 20 models

Last edited by pmf; 10-04-20 at 01:32 PM. Reason: what I meant was most listing w/ warranties either original or CPO
The following 2 users liked this post by pmf:
1wacko (01-19-21), anbark22 (10-04-20)
Old 10-04-20, 04:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^The upgraded system is the ML system. See post #1277 above. The base system is not labeled Marc Levenson.

Lou
Old 10-04-20, 05:27 PM
pmf
Driver School Candidate

You are right as I went back to reread the car's EBay posting & it did not say ML. Guess the sound system was not at top of my priority...

'Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering... Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, DVD-Audio, External Memory Control and Internal Memory • Radio: AM/FM/In-Dash Single CD Player -inc: 12 speakers, 299 watts,... backup camera w/dynamic grid lines, digital signal processing w/Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL), HD Radio w/complimentary traffic and weather, integrated SiriusXM satellite radio receiver w/complimentary 90-day trial subscription and iTunes tagging'

That said the 'premium surround' label underneath the Mark Levinson sign is so small that I virtually had to use a magnifying glass to read
Old 10-17-20, 10:57 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

I just purchased a brand new 2020 Atomic Silver GSF for $77,479 not including taxes, tags fee etc.

Although I'm not sure if anyone else couldve gotten the same deal with the dealership I purchased from. I purchased my previous GSF from them new and my RX350 from them new as well, so I'm a repeat customer.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (01-19-21)

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)