GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-21, 11:58 AM
vandygraba
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchased a l/certified 2016 from Lexus Cool Springs (Nashville) on June 11 for $53.5. White on Red, 28k miles, 1 owner, older woman driver. They did full brakes and tires. Seemed to be an incredible deal, I can only assume the woman got hosed on selling it to them. They said she just wanted to unload it since she couldn't fit her grandkids. She bought a Tahoe.
Old 06-26-21, 11:11 AM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts

Is it me or are GS-F prices out of control lately? Seeing at least 5-8k jump all over. They were rare to begin with, but now it seems like finding a clean 2016-2017 with low miles and not priced north of 55k is mission impossible.

Kind of bummed out. I was very much set on a GS-F. Now, I will likely need to start cross shopping again.
Old 06-26-21, 04:41 PM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepBlue99
Is it me or are GS-F prices out of control lately? Seeing at least 5-8k jump all over. They were rare to begin with, but now it seems like finding a clean 2016-2017 with low miles and not priced north of 55k is mission impossible.

Kind of bummed out. I was very much set on a GS-F. Now, I will likely need to start cross shopping again.
I am still able to find one in NY for a good price. White on red with clean car history under $55K

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 06-26-21, 06:30 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ashschwin
I am still able to find one in NY for a good price. White on red with clean car history under $55K

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
this car is in rough shape.
The following users liked this post:
Teutonic (06-27-21)
Old 06-27-21, 09:02 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom44
At least he mentioned all the damage, not that I'd want it any more lol.
YasserGSF (07-04-21)
Old 06-27-21, 09:34 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sqlboy2000
At least he mentioned all the damage, not that I'd want it any more lol.
For sure. Props to the seller for being straightforward.
YasserGSF (07-04-21)
Old 06-27-21, 10:42 AM
DeepBlue99
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts

Well... this is exactly my point. With this sort of mileage and condition, it should be in mid to high 40's. Plus, 2016's are not getting any younger... Hence, I would expect their price to trend down a bit, not up.

As much as I want a GS-F, just the PIA component of the search is a big turn off. For the same money that a nice one would cost right now, lets say 60k, one can easily get a barely used or even a new C63, or M2 Comp or similar. That is to say nothing about actually finding the color combo you may want, which is really the only major option to chose.

Not saying those cars are any better. I would still rather have a GS-F. I've been looking at GS-F's for 2 years now and in my opinion, current state of search has gotten even more frustrating that it was already prior to 2020. Totally get why a number of recent buyers just said screw and pulled the trigger on a much more expensive one than they were originally looking for. I don't think I want a GS-F at 70k tho, I can think of a few cars I would rather have at that price... new.

Last edited by DeepBlue99; 06-27-21 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-27-21, 11:07 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Well... this is exactly my point. With this sort of mileage and condition, it should be in mid to high 40's. Plus, 2016's are not getting any younger... Hence, I would expect their price to trend down a bit, not up.

As much as I want a GS-F, just the PIA component of the search is a big turn off. For the same money that a nice one would cost right now, lets say 60k, one can easily get a barely used or even a new C63, or M2 Comp or similar. That is to say nothing about actually finding the color combo you may want, which is really the only major option to chose.

Not saying those cars are any better. I would still rather have a GS-F. I've been looking at GS-F's for 2 years now and in my opinion, current state of search has gotten even more frustrating that it was already prior to 2020. Totally get why a number of recent buyers just said screw and pulled the trigger on a much more expensive one than they were originally looking for. I don't think I want a GS-F at 70k tho, I can think of a few cars I would rather have at that price... new.
keep looking for the car you want and maybe put a deposit down for an IS500 when dealers start accepting orders.
Old 06-28-21, 08:52 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts

If you buy the C63 or BMW, it will depreciate like mad. The GS-F is going in the opposite direction.

Steve
Old 06-28-21, 10:04 AM
avion
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

All car prices are out of control at the moment, couple that with the GS being discontinued. C63's and M car's will continue to be made. Not to mention how many AMG, M, and Audi S/RS cars I see on the road everyday, meanwhile I've seen 2 RC F's and not one GS F in my area (relatively large US city). These are low production, discontinued vehicles. But I totally agree with you, $70k is a pretty penny, unless you can find a new one.
Old 06-28-21, 11:20 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

hi guys what do you guys think of this https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1782700 , im currently running gs 350 F sport thinking of upgrading to this. but my concern was aftermarket wheels and maybe suspension. but what are your guys thoughts ? take the plunge ?

I have seen this particular car go on purchase pending and came back here though, so i am not sure.
Old 07-04-21, 07:50 AM
YasserGSF
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom44
How so? Is it because somebody decided to lose control and crash into it and put a dent on the side of it.

Or is it because somebody else decided to side swipe it while parked?

The side rocker/skirts can be repainted for $250.

You guys make it sound I thrashed this car and intentionally damned it and some of you make it sound like it's a structural damage with airbags deployment, when it's just cosmetics.

Anyone with a car in NYC will tell you that their cars get some sort of cosmetic damage, even while valet parking it.

Don't forget about the extended warranty that set me back $4500.

So, please tell me how this car is rough and not worth what I'm asking for?
Old 07-04-21, 12:50 PM
UNC1334
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by YasserGSF
How so? Is it because somebody decided to lose control and crash into it and put a dent on the side of it.

Or is it because somebody else decided to side swipe it while parked?

The side rocker/skirts can be repainted for $250.

You guys make it sound I thrashed this car and intentionally damned it and some of you make it sound like it's a structural damage with airbags deployment, when it's just cosmetics.

Anyone with a car in NYC will tell you that their cars get some sort of cosmetic damage, even while valet parking it.

Don't forget about the extended warranty that set me back $4500.

So, please tell me how this car is rough and not worth what I'm asking for?
How long in the extended warranty good for? I see you made a profile just to reply.

I get your frustration - problem is most folks in the market for a used GS-F are going to try to find one with minimal damage or prior damage.
YasserGSF (07-18-21)
Old 07-04-21, 08:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,011 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by UNC1334
How long in the extended warranty good for? I see you made a profile just to reply.

I get your frustration - problem is most folks in the market for a used GS-F are going to try to find one with minimal damage or prior damage.
I've seen this a lot on this forum. I've never understood it. If you want an unblemished car, buy new. It's as close as you can get to pristine, and even then cars get damaged in shipping and get repaired before being sold as brand new. I've seen windshields cracked and broken only a few miles off the lot. Idiots who don't care at all about your "four wheeled appliance" with do unthinkable things and there's very little control the owner has over this. To ice the cake, when someone actually has a super babied car for sale, everyone complains about the price being too high. I just don't get it. Either you want one or you don't. Figure out how much you want to spend, buy one in that price range, and realize it's not new, someone else paid for that luxury.

Bought new. October 2016. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9672599 Haven't regretted it one bit.
The following 5 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
ashschwin (07-06-21), Fatbarney (07-05-21), Lagtime (07-05-21), TrevorR (07-05-21), YasserGSF (07-18-21)
Old 07-05-21, 07:45 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've seen this a lot on this forum. I've never understood it. If you want an unblemished car, buy new. It's as close as you can get to pristine, and even then cars get damaged in shipping and get repaired before being sold as brand new. I've seen windshields cracked and broken only a few miles off the lot. Idiots who don't care at all about your "four wheeled appliance" with do unthinkable things and there's very little control the owner has over this. To ice the cake, when someone actually has a super babied car for sale, everyone complains about the price being too high. I just don't get it. Either you want one or you don't. Figure out how much you want to spend, buy one in that price range, and realize it's not new, someone else paid for that luxury.

Bought new. October 2016. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9672599 Haven't regretted it one bit.
^^^ This 100%. I buy CPO and the odd paint chip, small dent whatever here or there and I say to myself, if I want perfect I can go spend 10 or 15k more.
It's up to the individual. Personally I like the discount and I'll take the blemishes.
ashschwin (07-18-21)

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)