GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-21 | 04:07 PM
adr7090
Rookie

But M5 is garbage as you have to take it to the dealer/mechanic all the time to fix issues. The problem with new generation of M's is that they use so many hard plastics in the engine compared to the 90's to reduce weight but the buyer pays a hefty price.
Old 07-16-21 | 05:26 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by YasserGSF
How so? Is it because somebody decided to lose control and crash into it and put a dent on the side of it.

Or is it because somebody else decided to side swipe it while parked?

The side rocker/skirts can be repainted for $250.

You guys make it sound I thrashed this car and intentionally damned it and some of you make it sound like it's a structural damage with airbags deployment, when it's just cosmetics.

Anyone with a car in NYC will tell you that their cars get some sort of cosmetic damage, even while valet parking it.

Don't forget about the extended warranty that set me back $4500.

So, please tell me how this car is rough and not worth what I'm asking for?
yes that’s why I said it’s in rough shape. Sideswiped and scrapes with other vehicles. I’m sure the bones of the car are in great shape, but it needs some work. You’ve admitted as much.

Again, it’s in rough shape relative to an unblemished car.

as mentioned above, props to you for being straightforward about it.

if you’re flexible on the price could be a good car for someone in the market. Why not just fix it yourself if you want $53k for it?

GLWS.

Old 07-18-21 | 05:29 AM
YasserGSF
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by UNC1334
How long in the extended warranty good for? I see you made a profile just to reply.

I get your frustration - problem is most folks in the market for a used GS-F are going to try to find one with minimal damage or prior damage.
100k or till 2027.
Yeah, I have been lurking on Club Lexus for probably 15+ years without registering. 😁

​​​​​​I just thought it was wrong to trash a car you have not seen in person. Same thing happened to me on the Facebook groups I listed the car in. One group even deleted the ad.
​​​​Plenty of people called via Autotrader, as I was the only private seller for a while. Now there's a 10th anniversary edition as well. Facebook Marketplace only let the ad on for like 24 hours and then it wouldn't show to the public. But I can still see that's active. I think at that price, they wanted me to pay, but they never let me know.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​Only one from out of state buyer was able to come see it and even appreciated that I didn't try to cover up/ repaint any of the cosmetic scratches and we settled at $49k the same day Biggames SC GSF sold on Cars and Bids. He loved the interior, as it was spotless.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've seen this a lot on this forum. I've never understood it. If you want an unblemished car, buy new. It's as close as you can get to pristine, and even then cars get damaged in shipping and get repaired before being sold as brand new. I've seen windshields cracked and broken only a few miles off the lot. Idiots who don't care at all about your "four wheeled appliance" with do unthinkable things and there's very little control the owner has over this. To ice the cake, when someone actually has a super babied car for sale, everyone complains about the price being too high. I just don't get it. Either you want one or you don't. Figure out how much you want to spend, buy one in that price range, and realize it's not new, someone else paid for that luxury.

Bought new. October 2016. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9672599 Haven't regretted it one bit.
Preach!
I was always open to reasonable offers, and I made it clear that I was, but people love to put others down. I just didn't think I'd have to face it from the F community.

This experience, along with the Lexus dealer experience made me not stick with Lexus and I'm looking elsewhere.
Old 09-10-21 | 05:29 AM
VenomF
Rookie

I'm currently in the process of purchasing one for $54k OTD. Was advertised at $53k but managed to negotiate it down to $49k
Caviar exterior, black interior, with 58k miles on it (2 Owners). I keep thinking its too high for its mileage but I can't find another Caviar except for one that is $77k @ 4k miles
Old 09-13-21 | 07:47 AM
toneekay
Driver

Originally Posted by Lsone
I'm currently in the process of purchasing one for $54k OTD. Was advertised at $53k but managed to negotiate it down to $49k
Caviar exterior, black interior, with 58k miles on it (2 Owners). I keep thinking its too high for its mileage but I can't find another Caviar except for one that is $77k @ 4k miles
I've been on the hunt as well and managed to find one that's listed for $55k with 40K miles. I kept thinking this was too much for the miles since just 6 months ago, I saw some selling for that same price with half the miles. I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger, but it's the color combo that I want, and the car is pretty pristine. The inflated prices have been somewhat stable from what I've seen recently, although sometimes all over the place. I figure if the price makes sense to you, then you'll have no other choice but to pay to play (other than wait for however long this influx is going to take).
Old 09-13-21 | 05:22 PM
Doctj
Intermediate

the market, and used car bubble, and chip shortage, only seems to be heading for the worse. I say if you found what you want, get it , enjoy it, drive it: I dont suspect manufacturers will cut their new car prices as soon as chips are available, as will take a while for inventory to fill. In the meantime, enjoy yourself.
Old 09-15-21 | 06:25 PM
Jeffrs82
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, long time lurker here as wife drives an RX350 , I've always admired the body line and looks of this generation GS. After doing research for my next car,
I've come to the conclusion that the GS-F is what I want. I am cross shopping this with it's euro counterpart, and the looks of this is sexy for me and I love the look ,
the V-8 and ease of maintenance. My question is can someone give me any advice on where to look for a GS-F these days? I am seeing upper $70k's on 2019 and
2020 models. Are these prices inflated now because of the worldwide car shortage or is it partly because this car is in demand now that it is discontinued ?

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated guys. I just can't decide to pull the trigger now or wait a couple months. Are prices like this a year or 2 ago? And if
it increased, by how many $ did it increase this year?

Old 09-16-21 | 10:47 AM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jeffrs82
Hey guys, long time lurker here as wife drives an RX350 , I've always admired the body line and looks of this generation GS. After doing research for my next car,
I've come to the conclusion that the GS-F is what I want. I am cross shopping this with it's euro counterpart, and the looks of this is sexy for me and I love the look ,
the V-8 and ease of maintenance. My question is can someone give me any advice on where to look for a GS-F these days? I am seeing upper $70k's on 2019 and
2020 models. Are these prices inflated now because of the worldwide car shortage or is it partly because this car is in demand now that it is discontinued ?

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated guys. I just can't decide to pull the trigger now or wait a couple months. Are prices like this a year or 2 ago? And if
it increased, by how many $ did it increase this year?
Look on AutoTrader and CarGurus.

The GSF has been organically appreciating (since its no longer in production) and also because of the global chip shortage (which really affects ALL cars)
I would skip on 2016 as they don't have the adaptative suspension, so you should be looking at a 2017's and up. Obviously you would find better deals on 2017/18 vs 2019/20

Last edited by finny76; 09-16-21 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-16-21 | 11:43 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by finny76
Look on AutoTrader and CarGurus.

The GSF has been organically appreciating (since its no longer in production) and also because of the global chip shortage (which really affects ALL cars)
I would skip on 2016 as they don't have the adaptative suspension, so you should be looking at a 2017's and up. Obviously you would find better deals on 2017/18 vs 2019/20

I disagree on skipping on 2016. The fixed rate dampeners are much better than the adaptive and give the car a “sportier” feel.

in fact 2016 is the best year for the car, IMO.

drive both and see which one you like bc I think it is a noticeable difference in the car’s character.
Old 09-16-21 | 06:00 PM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation That is subjective....

Originally Posted by Tom44
I disagree on skipping on 2016. The fixed rate dampeners are much better than the adaptive and give the car a “sportier” feel.

in fact 2016 is the best year for the car, IMO. drive both and see which one you like bc I think it is a noticeable difference in the car’s character.
Being the best model year is subjective... BTW, not everyone wants a sportier feel.. Some people like the smooth comfort ride without having to feel each and every bump. But yeah one should drive both and then determine which one fits their specific style.
Old 09-17-21 | 03:18 AM
Jeffrs82
Driver School Candidate

Thanks gents for the response. I am on my 2nd day searching for a GS-F. We shall see moving forward but I think I am leaning towards 2017 and up as I prefer newer cars with lower miles if I am to get one. With these prices we are seeing right now, do you guys think that the euro counterparts are a better deal nowadays? Just a question, I am not trashing the GSF , just a thought since some are asking mid to high 70k's for a low 10-15k miles.
Old 09-17-21 | 06:08 AM
finny76
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've seen this a lot on this forum. I've never understood it. If you want an unblemished car, buy new. It's as close as you can get to pristine, and even then cars get damaged in shipping and get repaired before being sold as brand new. I've seen windshields cracked and broken only a few miles off the lot. Idiots who don't care at all about your "four wheeled appliance" with do unthinkable things and there's very little control the owner has over this.
To ice the cake, when someone actually has a super babied car for sale, everyone complains about the price being too high. I just don't get it. Either you want one or you don't. Figure out how much you want to spend, buy one in that price range, and realize it's not new, someone else paid for that luxury.
Originally Posted by sqlboy2000
^^^ This 100%. I buy CPO and the odd paint chip, small dent whatever here or there and I say to myself, if I want perfect I can go spend 10 or 15k more.
It's up to the individual. Personally I like the discount and I'll take the blemishes.
SPOT ON! Everyone wants to get the babied car for the price of a car that has blemishes... Cant have your cake and eat it too

Originally Posted by Doctj
the market, and used car bubble, and chip shortage, only seems to be heading for the worse. I say if you found what you want, get it , enjoy it, drive it: I don't suspect manufacturers will cut their new car prices as soon as chips are available, as will take a while for inventory to fill. In the meantime, enjoy yourself.
That is the sad truth, as right now is not the best time to buy either a used or new car. My brother in law runs a Limo business and paid $15K over MSRP over a Cadillac Esclade, as the production is so slow with long wait times and he wanted to get one immediately.

Last edited by finny76; 09-17-21 at 09:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TrevorR (09-29-21)
Old 09-17-21 | 04:10 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by finny76
Being the best model year is subjective... BTW, not everyone wants a sportier feel.. Some people like the smooth comfort ride without having to feel each and every bump. But yeah one should drive both and then determine which one fits their specific style.
That’s why I contextualized my comment by saying “IMO”.

def worth trying out a 2016 before biting the bullet on a ‘17+ model.

very different cars in my experience.
Old 09-22-21 | 03:11 PM
CZ75
Pit Crew

Thoughts on buying a high mileage used one? Found one a used 2016 for $46k w/80k miles.
Old 09-23-21 | 06:59 AM
avion
Driver

I know the market has gotten out of control, but I purchased a 16' with 46k miles for $45k earlier this year, $46k for that many miles seems high imo.

Has the full 60k maintenance been performed?

Edit: in response to @CZ75

Last edited by avion; 09-23-21 at 09:59 AM. Reason: didnt quote

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)