GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model
View Poll Results: are you disappointed with the GSF?
Yes
44.57%
No
55.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-16, 02:01 PM
mbo222
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So just got my GSF and threw some driving at it...

Here are our last 10 cars before my GSF:
1: Cayman S V1
2: Cayman S V2
3: 2010 Jag XFR
4: 2014 Jag XFRS
5: 2013 BMW X5 M
6: 2014 Maserati Ghibli
7: 2010 Jeep SRT8
8 2014 Jeep SRT
9 2016 MDX
10: 2012 Infiniti Qx56

Here are the cars from above that gave me a better overall initial driving experience than the GSF:

@$79k I could only buy a few of the above cars new and they don't even come close. Glad I took the jump to drive a "vanilla lexus" as my friends initially called it.
Old 07-09-16, 01:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Im not a member of Motor Trend on Demand but the review of the GSF vs the CTSV is probably not going to fare well, but we will see how far good balance can take you, but when there is a 180hp deficiency at the same price its going to be a blood bath. They should have made a second gen ISF with the GSF/RCF motor and gone forced induction for a GSF and LSF. Another Lexus performance fail. At least it was close with the ISF and M3.
Old 08-05-16, 12:33 PM
jdigga99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Teutonic
Price too high. That said, I'll consider a used one in the future.
Exactly where I am. In about 2 years....I'll be looking forward to a low miles 2016
Old 08-26-16, 08:22 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the more and more I think about the way the GS looks, it gets uglier. Im sorry Lexus, you need to do a better job of designing this on next version.
BMW M3 is hands down the best looking and performing sports sedan out there. At this point could care less about reliability. Styling and ride are more important when buying this caliber of a car. Buy another lexus if you reliability
Old 08-26-16, 11:33 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
the more and more I think about the way the GS looks, it gets uglier. Im sorry Lexus, you need to do a better job of designing this on next version.
BMW M3 is hands down the best looking and performing sports sedan out there. At this point could care less about reliability. Styling and ride are more important when buying this caliber of a car. Buy another lexus if you reliability
m3 best looking?? Really?! It looks about the same for over 10 years. Boring!
it also blends and looks like the much inferior 320i version for half the price
Old 08-26-16, 03:49 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
m3 best looking?? Really?! It looks about the same for over 10 years. Boring!
it also blends and looks like the much inferior 320i version for half the price
Yeah I agree. The m4 looks better also. Neither one is as iconic as the short nosed e46 though.
Old 08-27-16, 09:01 AM
GXGSAm
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Own it first, IMHO...

I don't think people could make complete and honest opinion on how a certain "thing" like this GS-F without even had the chance to own it, but making judgement on how it looks, hp, and costs make our lives even more sour. In life, the true real sense of where conviction comes from is thru experience, anything less constitutes an empty feeling and endless desire to achieve such accomplishment. If a person have $80k+ to spend, it is all about priorities at that point. Would you be willing to spend $80k every other year, after the hp and reliability issues are so irritating you want to try something else because your money is not an issue to you, or you work hard for that $80k and you can't just give it all away, right away! People who prefer Lexus, go for the reliability, anything else would be asking too much, IMHO. Lexus will always shortchange people on Luxury amenities, safety related features, and horsepower - all of us already know that, this brand will always want us to spend our hard earned money on their mediocre offerings - what's new then - just facelifts?
Old 08-28-16, 07:09 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

I am a huge M3 fan. No bias as I have 3 generations of M and 2 generations of F. I drove the M4 on the track and the street. Nice car, but Ill take the RCF in both looks and feel. Now the M2.....that is a car,
Yes the GSF is expansive, but I just loved the way it drove. The handling with the long wheel base was great. Planning on picking up one in Dec in addition to the RCF.
Old 08-29-16, 12:27 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Isfast
I am a huge M3 fan. No bias as I have 3 generations of M and 2 generations of F. I drove the M4 on the track and the street. Nice car, but Ill take the RCF in both looks and feel. Now the M2.....that is a car,
Yes the GSF is expansive, but I just loved the way it drove. The handling with the long wheel base was great. Planning on picking up one in Dec in addition to the RCF.
Totally agree with you there. December is on my watch list, I'm gonna hound every dealer around here to get the best price and they should be willing to deal by then with more incentives.

The E46 M3 has been my favorite so far, for the raw power and sheer ***** of that car. My friend has one and beats on it once in awhile and it's always a good time. Plus, the shape is just so iconic to me, it's what I expect an M car to look like despite all the newer models.

GSF does have a brilliant chassis. I'm pretty sure when Lexus set out to build the 2013 GS, they built it with more power in mind for the future. Just some minor bracing stiffens it up enough for F duty if I'm not mistaken. Really well sorted particularly for the size.
Old 08-30-16, 05:36 PM
T4Fun
Racer

anybody seen this? few months old but looks promising.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/07/...engine-option/
Old 08-30-16, 08:31 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by T4Fun
anybody seen this? few months old but looks promising.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/07/...engine-option/
Yeah it's in other threads. Speculation has it that it the LC500 will debut with the same old V8, then upgrade to the TTV6 or offer it later as an option, then that will trickle down to the GS and who knows, maybe even the LS.

Toyota isn't a company to waste engines. If they deploy it in one model (considering all the R&D costs that goes into a new motor) they'll deploy it in 3-4 more to help recoup development costs. Pinning all the success of a new engine on one model is suicide from a financial perspective, so you spread the risk around.
Old 08-31-16, 03:23 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Yeah it's in other threads. Speculation has it that it the LC500 will debut with the same old V8, then upgrade to the TTV6 or offer it later as an option, then that will trickle down to the GS and who knows, maybe even the LS.

Toyota isn't a company to waste engines. If they deploy it in one model (considering all the R&D costs that goes into a new motor) they'll deploy it in 3-4 more to help recoup development costs. Pinning all the success of a new engine on one model is suicide from a financial perspective, so you spread the risk around.
Toyota HAS to upgrade all its engines. ALL of them will be turbo based. If it doesnt, its death for toyota and lexus. Thats what everyone else has already done. They are way behind here. Here is another link I found confirming turbos coming soon. I cant see why anyone would want a GSF here imho. Too much stacked against it right now

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2016/07/...oming-in-2019/

Last edited by T4Fun; 08-31-16 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-05-16, 12:51 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure I agree that Toyota must turbo everything. It's trendy now due to CAFE and EPA requirements, but there are still some engineering tricks instead. Extra gears in transmissions, weirdo variable compression like Nissans brand new 2L engine that was just announced, etc. In fact, Nissan is so proud of the variable compression design, they hint that it may be a diesel killer in Europe.

For more powerful engines in a compact size, I will concede the point. Either you go with a high revving little engine with pathetic torque or you turbocharge, supercharge or in Volvo's case, both.

I think in 20 years we'll see fuel cell, hydrogen or battery cars become the norm. Zero emissions is attractive, 100% torque at 0 rpms is attractive, refueling in your garage at night is even better. In the interim we'll see a mix of new technologies as manufacturers experiment and see what the market will decide. Hydrogen and fuel cell cars depend on a brand new infrastructure so I'm thinking it's a battery powered future almost exclusively with some oddball petrol and diesel models offered for hot rods.
Old 09-05-16, 09:33 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,349 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Not sure I agree that Toyota must turbo everything. It's trendy now due to CAFE and EPA requirements, but there are still some engineering tricks instead. Extra gears in transmissions, weirdo variable compression like Nissans brand new 2L engine that was just announced, etc. In fact, Nissan is so proud of the variable compression design, they hint that it may be a diesel killer in Europe.

For more powerful engines in a compact size, I will concede the point. Either you go with a high revving little engine with pathetic torque or you turbocharge, supercharge or in Volvo's case, both.

I think in 20 years we'll see fuel cell, hydrogen or battery cars become the norm. Zero emissions is attractive, 100% torque at 0 rpms is attractive, refueling in your garage at night is even better. In the interim we'll see a mix of new technologies as manufacturers experiment and see what the market will decide. Hydrogen and fuel cell cars depend on a brand new infrastructure so I'm thinking it's a battery powered future almost exclusively with some oddball petrol and diesel models offered for hot rods.
That is what I would buy if I could afford it, a Tesla Model S. Of course I couldn't get the regular one, I'd have to get the $130,000 P90D or whatever package that has ludicrous mode lol

The GS F at this level is more appealing to me now than ever. After owning my Vette for a while I'm starting to realize how much power it truly is for the street and not really needed on a daily basis. At 35 mph in 2nd gear I can stab the gas and spin the tires with my car... it's super fun, but also a bit much lol. I have to be careful or the car gets a little sideways and I let off because I'm not staying in it and burning up $1100 tires lol
Old 09-05-16, 05:45 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Fast or not, efficient or not, convenient or not, pretty or not, electric cars have no soul....nor do they stir the soul, and they never will.

Last edited by Jz39; 09-05-16 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Are you disappointed with the GSF? Poll