GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF Brake Squeal

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-20 | 05:36 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Can someone provide a link to the PDF copy of the updated TSB? When I follow the above link, it displays rev. 1.

I would like to email a copy to my SA. Thanks.
Old 12-03-20 | 09:25 AM
serturbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
L-SB-0013-16 Rev2 March 3, 2016 has been updated to include all model years through 2020. Your SA is lazy and not looking at the LSB.

thank you much appreciated... If a link can be provided to that I would love to print it out and send to my "lazy SA" haha
Old 12-03-20 | 02:02 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by serturbo
thank you much appreciated... If a link can be provided to that I would love to print it out and send to my "lazy SA" haha
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...78775-9999.pdf

Go send it to your lazy SA
The following 2 users liked this post by kukudm:
dreamG (12-03-20), Flying3 (12-04-20)
Old 12-03-20 | 03:54 PM
skhmund
Rookie

My SA said to bring in the car to verify my concerns before proceeding with warranty replacement. My brakes start squealing after an hour or so of city driving I’ve noticed, not right away. My concern is they won’t squeal when I need them to with them SA lol.

Question for the owners who have gotten the replacements, do the new brake pads come in the same color as your originals? I have the orange painted calipers.

Last edited by skhmund; 12-03-20 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-04-20 | 05:57 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

I brought mine in yesterday. SA had looked up the TSB and agreed my 19 was covered. No questions asked. Gave me a loaner.

I also have a rattle in the sunroof that persists. And it "cracks" when the car flexes. I told the SA I don't want the car back until this is fixed.

It's funny how everyone at the dealership gawks at the GS F. It's such a rare sighting.
Old 03-14-21 | 12:20 AM
damns0n
Driver

2020 GSF here. SA dismissed it as "new pads that need breaking in". I'm somewhere 1200 miles in now, and they're still squeaking. Definitely going to bring up this TSB to them. Thanks.
Old 03-14-21 | 10:07 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Pads don't need "breaking in" they need to be "bedded in"

Lou
Old 03-14-21 | 01:07 PM
GSFbeast
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flying3
I brought mine in yesterday. SA had looked up the TSB and agreed my 19 was covered. No questions asked. Gave me a loaner.

I also have a rattle in the sunroof that persists. And it "cracks" when the car flexes. I told the SA I don't want the car back until this is fixed.

It's funny how everyone at the dealership gawks at the GS F. It's such a rare sighting.
One more good reasons to keep the car. It’ll be rare. The boys at the dealer always has a big smile when I show up in my F car.
Old 09-29-21 | 03:04 PM
damns0n
Driver

Update:

Brought my car in again to the dealer, mileage is now around 2,400 and the brakes are still squealing under light - medium braking. This time I spoke with an SA I've never worked with before but says he's owned a GSF in the past. He tries to dismiss my concern by trying to rationalize the idea that Brembo brakes are naturally noisy, without knowing that I own another car with Brembo brakes that are fine. Also, if that were the case, those issues should've been sorted out before putting them on a luxury car.

After waiting 2 hours to have something else done on my car, he comes back to tell me that he found an update on my car's brakes and asked if I wanted to order the parts. I asked him is it under warranty and he immediately said yes, but I can only do it once.

Is that right? Can he legally gate keep the warranty like that for a brand new car? I'm not looking for free brake pad replacements, but I feel like I should deserve to get what I paid for and if they squeal after the warranty service, I believe I should be able to go back again.
Old 09-29-21 | 05:25 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

i think what he was saying is that you can only ask for brake change once free, i think they will put in less noisy pads.
the brake noise is common among gsf i have it too, i hear it every time i stop when the brakes are cold goes away when they are warm. / i choose to not change mine. I will put in tom pads as they are less dusty and equally as good

you can go back and complain again but i dont think they will not do anything unless there is a bigger issue

Originally Posted by damns0n
Update:

Brought my car in again to the dealer, mileage is now around 2,400 and the brakes are still squealing under light - medium braking. This time I spoke with an SA I've never worked with before but says he's owned a GSF in the past. He tries to dismiss my concern by trying to rationalize the idea that Brembo brakes are naturally noisy, without knowing that I own another car with Brembo brakes that are fine. Also, if that were the case, those issues should've been sorted out before putting them on a luxury car.

After waiting 2 hours to have something else done on my car, he comes back to tell me that he found an update on my car's brakes and asked if I wanted to order the parts. I asked him is it under warranty and he immediately said yes, but I can only do it once.

Is that right? Can he legally gate keep the warranty like that for a brand new car? I'm not looking for free brake pad replacements, but I feel like I should deserve to get what I paid for and if they squeal after the warranty service, I believe I should be able to go back again.
Old 09-29-21 | 05:54 PM
damns0n
Driver

yeah, that's definitely what he said. and I agree with you that they probably won't do anything unless there's a bigger issue. I can already tell by their dismissive tone and I was actually surprised that this SA took the time to look up the update article that the previous SA didn't bother. in any case, i'm leaning towards aftermarket pads as well. based on what's been mentioned on this forum, it seems to be the best solution for the GSF
Old 09-29-21 | 07:03 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

This is from an original quote by IMAGINTHAT concerning the replacement pads::

A week later, no squeal, little to no brake dust, no difference in pedal modulation, and maybe 10-15% less bite when braking hard.

I am very happy I did this as the brake dust alone drives me nuts leaving me to detail the car every weekend. I also don't track my track or plan to
anytime soon so the decision was a no brainer for me.

Hope that helps if you are on the fence about having this done.

********************************************************************************************************

I had mine replaced also and share the exact same sentiment . It's a personal choice, depending upon your driving style and expectations. I hope this helps.

Thank you
anbark22
The following users liked this post:
damns0n (10-01-21)