GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Officially a GSF Owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-16, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by etomori
Your response adds to the confusion as the GSF and GS F. To me, GSF means the V6 model ad its variants; GS F means the 467 HP V8 model introduced in 2016 and continuing in 2017. The space between S and F makes a lot of difference as the vehicle and price. In another post I have pointed out a possible confusion between GS F, GSF and GS-F, as they all represent different GS models.
i think you are just confusing yourself. it's either GSF or GS FSport. space or hyphen it doesn't make any difference
Old 11-29-16, 05:22 AM
Elitedax3
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think you are just confusing yourself. it's either GSF or GS FSport. space or hyphen it doesn't make any difference
THANK YOU for this. This poster has commented on about three different posts trying to correct everyone and is over complicating it. Its not that confusing and I don't see anyone else complaining about it. No one is claiming they have a GSF when they actually have a F-Sport of any other variation.
Old 11-29-16, 09:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

This confusion is actually a Lexus problem. Plenty of newbies have posted their F Sport purchases in the ISF forum only to be banished quickly by those of us who know the difference between a poser and a V-8. I bet they have the same problem in the RC forum with RC350 F Sport buyers who think they got the hot rod but didn't.

Lexus really needs to make a concerted effort to properly market the F models and differentiate them from the F Sport variants. There really is a difference between a Bengal Tiger and a Tabby Cat. It should be more obvious.
Old 11-30-16, 07:27 AM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This confusion is actually a Lexus problem. Plenty of newbies have posted their F Sport purchases in the ISF forum only to be banished quickly by those of us who know the difference between a poser and a V-8. I bet they have the same problem in the RC forum with RC350 F Sport buyers who think they got the hot rod but didn't.

Lexus really needs to make a concerted effort to properly market the F models and differentiate them from the F Sport variants. There really is a difference between a Bengal Tiger and a Tabby Cat. It should be more obvious.
well said. 👍
Old 11-30-16, 07:36 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

It's the same as BMW with the M tech package tho. or the AMG package on a C450.
Old 11-30-16, 09:03 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GregCanada
It's the same as BMW with the M tech package tho. or the AMG package on a C450.
I like the idea of having a sport line that is accessible to those who the true sport models are out of reach. I don't see F-Sport models watering down the F brand. It is unfortunate, though, that some cannot tell the difference between F-Sport and F models, but that's of no fault of Lexus IMO. And Lexus makes a killing off of the poor saps like me who dished out thousands more for a sporty fascia and tuned suspension bits.
Old 11-30-16, 01:24 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I like the idea of having a sport line that is accessible to those who the true sport models are out of reach. I don't see F-Sport models watering down the F brand. It is unfortunate, though, that some cannot tell the difference between F-Sport and F models, but that's of no fault of Lexus IMO. And Lexus makes a killing off of the poor saps like me who dished out thousands more for a sporty fascia and tuned suspension bits.
...and better seats, rear wheel steering, etc. etc. The F Sport fascia is worth it alone, but the other stuff is nice too.

I do agree that the real F's need to stand out more. Exclusive, eye catching wheels, exclusive colors (yeah, more than 1 or 2), vented hoods across the board, just all around wilder and with more obvious carbon fiber, particularly on the roof. If they're gonna put a 20k premium on them, show us where the money went instead of hiding most of it under the hood. Also, more interior options including colored contrast stitching, custom leather colors (circuit red is awfully close to the roja). They need to be way more customizable, not just one price, here ya go.
Old 11-30-16, 10:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if anything the "confusion" sounds pretty successful considering how bmw and mb are playing (read: abusing) the m and amg badge now

maybe we should almost say lexus did a great job
Old 12-14-16, 08:52 AM
JustinBr
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the $67,114 including Taxes, Titles and Licensing?
Ex. $67,114 was your out of the door price?
Old 12-14-16, 08:56 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

lol, Lance,
Old 12-14-16, 09:42 AM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

shivad87....haven't heard from you on this post. Did you finally get your GS F? Did they stick to the price you quoted? Color and Options?
Old 12-14-16, 12:56 PM
etomori
Driver School Candidate

Default Cool😄

Guess the cat is out of the bag for those who have previously purchased/leased a GS F. Combined with the poor product/service knowledge that sales dealer staff exhibited, my stock in Lexus products have gone over the cliff. Feel that the $70 grand price is what the rebadged Camry/Avalon/GS is really worth on the market.
Was planning to buy it at an agreed price after the end of the four-year lease. Have second thoughts now. BTW, the sales person represented that he was also a minister at a local church. Leaves me with a strong impression that car sales ethics is higher than church ethics. Business as usual. Glad the GS F is the last car I, as a senior citizen nearing 80, planned to buy.
Old 12-14-16, 01:14 PM
etomori
Driver School Candidate

RIGHT ON!!! Sometimes this blog seems to look like the Honda Pilot one.IMHO
Old 12-14-16, 01:41 PM
GSF4RL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

etomori.... Just wondering if you own/drive a GS F (not to be confused in your mind with a GS F-sport) ? This car is certainly not a "rebadged Camry/Avalon/GS".
Old 12-14-16, 02:37 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GSF4RL
etomori.... Just wondering if you own/drive a GS F (not to be confused in your mind with a GS F-sport) ? This car is certainly not a "rebadged Camry/Avalon/GS".
GSF, F-Sport, whatever he drives, alluding to the fact that the GSF is a rebadged anything is a little absurd. What does that even mean lol.

Quick Reply: Officially a GSF Owner!!!