GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Does anyone else think the GS-F seats are uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-17, 09:21 AM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
Can someone coNFIRM if the GS-F seats are same as the RC-F?

I owned a RCF befored changing it to GSF. I can tell you the seats are SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. Seats in RCF are narrower and the bolsters seem to make in and out a bit harder. GSF on the other hand makes in and out much easier.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (05-16-17)
Old 05-16-17, 12:25 PM
jman911TTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The seat fits me perfectly and I think it's rather comfortably for bucket seat.
Old 06-14-17, 04:02 PM
TexAZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started a thread discussing the comfort and differences in IS/GS and sport seats, but it got no traction.
I'll ask here, since it seems many people commenting have experience with different vehicles and driver's seats.

I'm looking into swapping in ventilated seats for my Landcruiser. The controls are similar as well as the features, minus the vent fan and ventilated seat cushion. I've got help with the electronics, but I'm wondering what are the differences in bolsters, width, comfort between the IS and GS lines of seats. Are the Fsport seats more adjustable or do they have more bolsters?

I'm primarily looking in the 07-12 year ranges, simply because the wiring/controls seem to have more in common than the newer styles. The 13+ definitely look to be more contoured and supportive, just don't know if I can make them work.

The easy answer would be to go sit in a couple vehicles and test drive, but I live more than an hour away from the closest Lexus dealer and would prefer to narrow my choices a little before dealing with sales people just to sit in a bunch of different models from different years.

any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-14-17, 04:11 PM
DystinctGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm willing to trade my 2016 GS350 F-Sport seats plus cash to anyone looking to get rid of their GS-F seats
Old 06-14-17, 04:54 PM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexAZ
I started a thread discussing the comfort and differences in IS/GS and sport seats, but it got no traction.
I'll ask here, since it seems many people commenting have experience with different vehicles and driver's seats.

I'm looking into swapping in ventilated seats for my Landcruiser. The controls are similar as well features, minus the vent fan and ventilated seat the cushion. I've got help with the electronics, but I'm wondering what are the differences in bolsters, width, comfort between the IS and GS lines of seats. Are the Fsport seats more adjustable or do they have more bolsters?

I'm primarily looking in the 07-12 year ranges, simply because the wiring/controls seem to have more in common than the newer styles. The 13+ definitely look to be more contoured and supportive, just don't know if I can make them work.

The easy answer would be to go sit in a couple vehicles and test drive, but I live more than an hour away from the closest Lexus dealer and would prefer to narrow my choices a little before dealing with sales people just to sit in a bunch of different models from different years.

any input would be appreciated.
i cannot speak to the style of the IS seats, as I have never driven one. However, my thoughts in GS seats below (owner of gs350 f sport and GSF),

In short, the Gs350 seats will offer the most comfort for less spirited driving. They're packed with cushion and less aggressive bolstering than the GSF throne. In addition, theybhave a nifty thigh extension that is electronically controlled. If you're a tall guy like myself, you'll definitely appreciate the added support.

the GSF seats are aesthetically pleasing, and contoured to fit the body much better. However, if you're even the slightest bit over weight, you'll find the bolstering jabs into you quite uncomfortably. There seems to be less padding where you'd like it, compared to the 350 seats. The F seats are great for holding you in turns while on the track, but I do not think you'll be looking for that feature as you are putting them in landcrusier, LOL.

I would suggest you get the 350 seats, unless you want a flashier look.
Old 06-16-17, 12:59 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TheREKing
i cannot speak to the style of the IS seats, as I have never driven one. However, my thoughts in GS seats below (owner of gs350 f sport and GSF),

In short, the Gs350 seats will offer the most comfort for less spirited driving. They're packed with cushion and less aggressive bolstering than the GSF throne. In addition, theybhave a nifty thigh extension that is electronically controlled. If you're a tall guy like myself, you'll definitely appreciate the added support.

the GSF seats are aesthetically pleasing, and contoured to fit the body much better. However, if you're even the slightest bit over weight, you'll find the bolstering jabs into you quite uncomfortably. There seems to be less padding where you'd like it, compared to the 350 seats. The F seats are great for holding you in turns while on the track, but I do not think you'll be looking for that feature as you are putting them in landcrusier, LOL.

I would suggest you get the 350 seats, unless you want a flashier look.
^^^ agree.
Old 01-22-20, 06:42 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

rehash - been shopping GS F and RC F and as a 6' 220lb guy those seat bolsters dig into my thighs. I see some herein recommend replacing the driver seat w/ a gs 350 seat, but has anyone had luck with having an upholstery professional take some of the bolster out of the seat?