GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Likes and Dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-17, 02:48 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Likes and Dislikes

Arya (my GS F) is now a year old. I've been pondering what I like and don't like about my car. I believe it is very under-appreciated. Of note, I've driven nearly ever car in its class at some point. To summarize my experience of ownership so far, I believe the GS F is the driver's car of the category.

1) Lush engine sound - When I drive other V8s, it is hard to beat the sound. It reminds me of a racing engine that sings while other V8s (C63 & CTS-V) sound more muscle car.
2) Pretty interior color and detailing - If you opt for the brighter interior colors (I have red), the interior really shines and stands out. Most red interiors are poorly executed or there isn't enough color. Lexus does a great job. There is so much detail in the interior.
3) Dynamic Handling - This is truly a nimble beast. It always surprises me the level of confidence it provides in the turns.
4) A Daily Cruiser - At the same time, this car is so easy to daily. The ride is firm but not punishing.
5) Rarity - With a production of less than 2K, it is rare a bird on the road. I live in northern CA and I've seen only two other GS Fs (one is my neighbor haha). I am rooting for cancelled model which translates into even higher residuals.
6) No Rattles - This car is bulletproof. When I read C63 forums, the most common complaint is rattles and poor build quality.
7) Jewel-like headlights - The headlights are beautiful and a piece of artwork. They are also incredibly powerful and functional. Most auto reviewers dont mention that they auto-level.
8) Aggressive wheel design - The standard wheel design is epic. They look like aftermarket wheels.
9) Back seat space and comfort - The back seat doesn't look that big because of the front sport bucket seats but there is a ton of space in the back. Every time I carry passengers, they comment on how nice it is in the back.
10) Standard safety kit - On the C63 and CTS-V, you can't get (or it isnt standard) modern safety kit like radar cruise control, park sensors, collision avoidance. Mercedes told me the majority of C63's don't come with parking sensors. I would never own a 80K car without parking sensors

Dislikes
1) Needs more power - The fact some after market exhaust and headers packages yields +50 hp is sad. Lexus could push more horsepower out of this engine without losing the sound. 50hp would make this car perfect and justify the price
2) Price is an issue - Though I got an good discount last year (brand new - low 70s with all discounts included), it is too expensive for the luxury features and level of power. Fully loaded 70s for the current output is a sweet spot (priced similarly to CTS V-Sport). If the car had +50 more horses, 80K and above makes much more sense or you can just get a serious discount.
3) MIA luxury features - The missing luxury features like rear-seat entertainment package and a power trunk is weird. Using carbon fiber else where or more al
4) Poor heated and Cooled Seats - Gosh they suck so much. It is such a beautiful seat in look and feel. Too bad.
5) Transmission is "pretty" good - Smooth and refined but it needs to be faster to get a sub 4.0 second 0-60 mph.
6) The gas tank is so small - Topping off isn't good but I have too to extend the range. If Lexus can add a cross base in the trunk, they should of put in an extra 3-5 gallon tank
7) Cleaning the wheels - Despite looking cool, they are very hard to clean. With so many spokes and angles (lots of brake dust), it takes ages to clean.
8) Seats don't fold down - The trunk is big enough but folding seats would increase the practicality.

Last edited by aginnt; 06-06-17 at 10:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stormryu (06-07-17)
Old 06-05-17, 03:45 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Supercharger the GS-F and you'll have a different VIEW...

The BEST 4-Door I've owned to date...

Originally Posted by aginnt
Arya (my GS F) is now a year old. I've been pondering what I like and don't like about my car. I believe it is very under-appreciated. Of note, I've driven nearly ever car in its class at some point. To summarize my experience of ownership so far, I believe the GS F is the driver's car of the category.

1) Lush engine sound - When I drive other V8s, it is hard to beat the sound. It reminds me of a racing engine that sings while other V8s (C63 & CTS-V) sound more muscle car.
2) Pretty Interior Color - If you opt for the brighter interior colors (I have red), the interior really shines and stands out. Most red interiors are poorly executed or still look way too dark.
3) Dynamic Handling - This is truly a nimble beast. It always surprises me the level of confidence it provides in the turns.
4) A Daily Cruiser - At the same time, this car is so easy to daily. The ride is firm but not punishing.
5) Rarity - With a production of less than 2K, it is rare a bird on the road. I live in northern CA and I've seen only two other GS Fs (one is my neighbor haha). I am rooting for cancelled model which translates into even higher residuals.
6) No Rattles - This car is bulletproof. When I read C63 forums, the most common complaint is rattles and poor build quality.

Dislikes
1) Needs more power - The fact some after market exhaust and headers packages yields +50 hp is sad. Lexus could push more horsepower out of this engine w/ losing the sound. 50hp would make this car perfect and justify the price
2) Price is an issue - Though I got an good discount last year (brand new - low 70s with all discounts included), it is too expensive for the luxury features and level of power. Fully loaded 70s for the current output is a sweet spot (priced similarly to CTS V-Sport). If the car had +50 more horses, 80K and above makes much more sense or you can just get a serious discount.
3) MIA luxury features - The missing luxury features like rear-seat entertainment package and a power trunk is weird. Using carbon fiber else where or more al
4) Poor heated and Cooled Seats - Gosh they suck so much. It is such a beautiful seat in look and feel. Too bad.
5) Transmission is pretty good - Smooth and refined but it needs to be faster to get a sub 4.0 second 0-60 mph.
Old 06-05-17, 03:54 PM
aginnt
Driver

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
Supercharger the GS-F and you'll have a different VIEW...

The BEST 4-Door I've owned to date...

Did you super charge yours? What happened with power output and gas mileage?
Old 06-05-17, 06:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Did you super charge yours? What happened with power output and gas mileage?
did you really buy the GSF for mpg?
Old 06-05-17, 08:00 PM
tq745
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
it's a fair question to ask and one i would like to know as well regarding mpg with super charger.
Old 06-05-17, 10:35 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 698 Likes on 613 Posts

Nice!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-06-17, 07:26 AM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I didn't buy a GSF for the fuel efficiency, but I get 15 mpg avg as is. haha
The following users liked this post:
RC51TOFUMA (06-06-17)
Old 06-06-17, 08:46 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

2) Pretty Interior Color - If you opt for the brighter interior colors (I have red), the interior really shines and stands out. Most red interiors are poorly executed or still look way too dark.

Dislikes
1) Needs more power - The fact some after market exhaust and headers packages yields +50 hp is sad. Lexus could push more horsepower out of this engine w/ losing the sound. 50hp would make this car perfect and justify the price
5) Transmission is pretty good - Smooth and refined but it needs to be faster to get a sub 4.0 second 0-60 mph.
Good summary and analysis.
Old 06-06-17, 10:26 PM
aginnt
Driver

Added a few points
7) Jewel-like headlights - The headlights are beautiful and a piece of artwork. They are also incredibly powerful and functional. Most auto reviewers dont mention that they auto-level.
8) Aggressive wheel design - The standard wheel design is epic. They look like aftermarket wheels.
9) Back seat space and comfort - The back seat doesn't look that big because of the front sport bucket seats but there is a ton of space in the back. Every time I carry passengers, they comment on how nice it is in the back.
10) Standard safety kit - On the C63 and CTS-V, you can't get (or it isnt standard) modern safety kit like radar cruise control, park sensors, collision avoidance. Mercedes told me the majority of C63's don't come with parking sensors. I would never own a 80K car without parking sensors

Dislikes
6) The gas tank is so small - Topping off isn't good but I have too to extend the range. If Lexus can add a cross base in the trunk, they should of put in an extra 3-5 gallon tank
7) Cleaning the wheels - Despite looking cool, they are very hard to clean. With so many spokes and angles (lots of brake dust), it takes ages to clean.
8) Seats don't fold down - The trunk is big enough but folding seats would increase the practicality.
Old 06-07-17, 05:56 AM
16USBGSF
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to add, at least to my list.

Dislikes
Placement of cup holders
Placement of ODO and HUD control buttons. Yes I know they don't get used often, but I still use them every once in a while and while moving it is very difficult to see what button I am about to press.
Old 06-07-17, 09:36 PM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just adding my own cons. For me,

I wish the car had more current tech. The infotainment screen is a great size. Class leading I believe. I just wish lexus would adopt an idrive, audi MMI like system. Android auto would he great but isn't required for me. Would be great if lexus had a following like the way BMW does and someone would make a integrated way to mimic your phone to the display. Wouldn't even have to worry about android auto/car play. Like what bimmer tech has done .