GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Trying to gauge the interest and having Bilstein create the B8 shock ISF, GSF& RCF

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-17, 01:16 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Trying to gauge the interest and having Bilstein create the B8 shock ISF, GSF& RCF

Hey guys I am on ISF owner recently several ISF owners have been discussing the merits of coilovers versus lowering springs combined with shocks. Some prefer to stay more traditional with just shocks lowering spring with this set up ride quality still suffers even if you were to use a set of Swift Springs with Factory shocks the drop will be nice but the ride will still be a little on the harsh side others choose coilovers but there are issues with coilovers as well. The only issue with coilovers in order to get good ride quality you need to be prepared to spend at minimum $2500 to upwards of $4,000 installed a little less if you can do the install work yourself for a quality set of coilovers I'm talking KW's, Ohlins, Penskeor RR racing coilovers. Some guys just don't feel the expense is worth it since they don't race or track their cars, they're just looking for decent drop in ride height while still maintaining good ride quality now I'm not talking about softening up the ride they're all still Sports orientated vehicles but not to make the ride harsher than it already is.

Unfortunately there aren't many choices out there for any of us the only true quality shock that's been designed to be lowered is Bilstein B8 shock. Unfortunately they don't make them for any of our cars they only make the B6 which is still equality shock but it has not been designed specifically to be lowered such as the B8.

This is what needs to been done in order for Bilstein to create the B8 for all of our cars it would require someone bringing their RCF to Bilstein in Southern California and following these steps on their webpage. Go to the Bilstein webpage on the top left-hand side you will see an area that will say (Bye Bilstein) select that once the second page opens go down to the left bottom portion of the page where you will see (Ride Testing Submission)you still like that on that page it will explain exactly what will occur at the bottom of that page you would then select (Ride Testing Form) fill out the information such as personal data car type what we're looking for B8 with swift spring set up. So anyone who has Swift's lowering springs as well as your stock Springs that would definitely help.

If selected for testing by Bilstein the following would occur
Installation confirmation and tuning of dynamic characteristics (damping/valving).

Vehicle usage would encompass approximately 200 miles of on-road evaluation within a week’s period of time.Vehicle owner is required to deliver vehicle to the Bilstein Aftermarket headquarters in Poway, CA, and make arrangements for alternative transportation during the time of product installation and tuning.

In exchange for use of subject vehicle, vehicle owner will receive, at no charge, one set of shock absorbers (front & rear) installed on his/her vehicle, four wheel alignment and a full tank of fuel. thyssenkrupp Bilstein offers a full “Garage Keeper’s Endorsement” providing vehicle owner insurance.
I'm to get as much exposure as possible not just ISF community but the RCF and GSF communities as well. The bigger the demand the more likelihood that they would be willing to create a B8 for all three vehicles. So to anyone out in Southern California and would be willing to do this. Let me know guys I think we can pull this off we just need to show Bilstein there's a big enough demand for it.
Thanks
David

Last edited by Weapon F; 07-07-17 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-07-17, 04:39 PM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking I'm in.

I am 100% willing to donate my 16' GS F for testing of the Bilstein system.

I've tracked my car and found the stock suspension system to be less then desirable.

I am located in Boston, but will ship it out for testing if I am selected.
Old 07-07-17, 08:55 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by TheREKing

I've tracked my car and found the stock suspension system to be less then desirable.

Thanks THEREKING, I appreciate you getting back to me. I'll get back to you in few days. I have RCF owner in Southern California willing to use his car as well.
Old 07-08-17, 10:23 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by TheREKing

I may have GSF owner in Southern California, If he agrees then know need for you to ship your GSF out to California. I'll get back to you ASAP. Once again really appreciate you willing to no pun intended literally the extra mile lol.
Old 07-11-17, 06:07 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,983 Likes on 2,410 Posts

I took the GS F around a corner I know well a couple of days ago - the same day I had gone around it in my IS F (with 140k miles on the original shocks and springs) - and found the back end really likes to behave like it is under damped. It would really be nice to have options.

Also, FWIW, there is nothing from the rear of the GS F and RC F that will work on an IS F and vice versa. The rear suspension was completely changed with the newer models.
Old 07-13-17, 12:01 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I took the GS F around a corner I know well a couple of days ago - the same day I had gone around it in my IS F (with 140k miles on the original shocks and springs) - and found the back end really likes to behave like it is under damped. It would really be nice to have options.

Also, FWIW, there is nothing from the rear of the GS F and RC F that will work on an IS F and vice versa. The rear suspension was completely changed with the newer models.
Thanks for input Lance, I'm talking with one of the product development managers trying to convince him to go forward with the B8 for us his initial response was that the B6 would work but I told him yes they'll work but it's compromise.

That B6 has not been is optimized for any of 3 cars. I also informed him that their is weight difference between vehicles as well as suspension setup between ISF and GSF/RCF.

My job now is to put a really good sales pitch together as to why they should build the B8 for the Lexus F community. I informed them that the ISF is no longer just a one-off with the addition of the two new models RCF and GSF with talk of LCF that Lexus has now fully committed to this F Brand not to mention the whole F Sport line from IS250, IS350, NX,RX and now LS.

Any input from you or any other member would be greatly appreciated of how to pitch and sell it to Bilstein would be greatly appreciated.
David
Old 03-09-20, 09:48 AM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

So is this thing still happening?